It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Crow Rooftop Snowboarding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This crow is stunning !!

Never seen before such accomplisment from a crow
and i have see a lot .. but by doing this by its own
with no food reward at the end is amazing

how much IQ that inteligent bird can have... 70 and higher ? probably much higher then monkey
by doing this stunt .. he demonstrated something very unique
using an element to descent a dangerous icy platform just for fun

Where is a crow in this list --> Daulphins, Monkeys, Crows

edit on 1/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Info on Crow's intelligence (great article!):

news.nationalgeographic.com...
Crows Have Human-Like Intelligence, Author Says

John Roach
for National Geographic News

June 6, 2006

Crows make tools, play tricks on each other, and caw among kin in a dialect all their own.

These are just some of the signs presented in a recent book that point to an unexpected similarity between the wise birds and humans.

Nevertheless, he continued, these birds are "both intense tool users and creative tool users … In addition to the tools they are normally seen to use in the wild, they are capable of making new instruments when the necessity arises," such as the wire hooks

I found the video amazing! Never seen a crow behave that way!

edit on January 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

This is what i though ... the crow comes first

never would i have beleive it until i saw this vid

Humanlike inteligence

hope they dont build weapons and go to war with each other

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just goes to show, humans aren't the only ones that like to have fun!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
what is that crow using for a sled? that's cool.
crows are quite intelligent.
where I used to work we had this outside break/smoke area with these big garbage cans with single heavy swinging lids.
day after day and year after year I watched the crows come in. they would team up and 1 crow would perch on the lip and shove his head in enough to hold the lid open. another crow would do the dumpster dive. they would take turns. i never saw a crow leave a buddy in the can.
pretty wild.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
where I used to work we had this outside break/smoke area with these big garbage cans with single heavy swinging lids.
day after day and year after year I watched the crows come in. they would team up and 1 crow would perch on the lip and shove his head in enough to hold the lid open. another crow would do the dumpster dive. they would take turns. i never saw a crow leave a buddy in the can.
pretty wild.

lol thats nice ahah
silly but inteligent bird watching their buddy
searching food or any fun stuff for them

I think it was an ashtray .. possibly from the smoke break area

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Think crows are intelligent? Try a Raven. I had a bad run in with a particular Raven .. apparently individual Ravens can take a liking to a specific more unusual food depending on their taste .. personally, I thought they only ate meat.. the Raven who visited me every morning from Spring to Fall liked Peppers (black peppers only) and Cherry Tomatoes. The little bastard would sit on the fence post watching me, or sometimes be sitting right in there with the peppers, and when they got to a certain size he'd fly off with them. I tried a little stickman scare crow to no avail, I tried a cage around the peppers that he undid. I even tried asking nicely to which he only gave me a blank stare. I swear he laughed at my futile attempts and seemed to take personal joy in stealing from my garden while I was there. And I'm certain he could understand me.

I thought of him as the enforcer for some vegetable loving Raven mafia come to collect his due. No veggies? A Conspiracy of Ravens would descend and attack me.
So yes, birds are smart.. I think Crows and Ravens are especially intelligent, just like Parrots and Owls.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Cool a crowboard.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Ben81

Think crows are intelligent? Try a Raven. I had a bad run in with a particular Raven .. apparently individual Ravens can take a liking to a specific more unusual food depending on their taste .. personally, I thought they only ate meat.. the Raven who visited me every morning from Spring to Fall liked Peppers (black peppers only) and Cherry Tomatoes. The little bastard would sit on the fence post watching me, or sometimes be sitting right in there with the peppers, and when they got to a certain size he'd fly off with them. I tried a little stickman scare crow to no avail, I tried a cage around the peppers that he undid. I even tried asking nicely to which he only gave me a blank stare. I swear he laughed at my futile attempts and seemed to take personal joy in stealing from my garden while I was there. And I'm certain he could understand me.

I thought of him as the enforcer for some vegetable loving Raven mafia come to collect his due. No veggies? A Conspiracy of Ravens would descend and attack me.
So yes, birds are smart.. I think Crows and Ravens are especially intelligent, just like Parrots and Owls.

LOL that was funny
would like one day to have such encounter with a raven
i hade one with a raccoon .. after he dropped next to me by accident from my roof
we stared at each other for 30 sec without moving and he left
i wasnt afraid but i didnt want to scare him away to fast

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Crows are very smart. Probably at least up there with the average human

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing! We have lots of crows around here, maybe I'll need to watch them a little more closely!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by horseplay
pretty wild.

lol thats nice ahah
silly but inteligent bird watching their buddy
searching food or any fun stuff for them

I think it was an ashtray .. possibly from the smoke break area

naw, they didn't want the smokes. they did want our lunches though, they were quite brazen.
an another job..... we were asphalt paving a parking lot in a condo. noticed all the cars had garbage bags on their windshield wipers. when we asked a resident he said because the crows had taken a fancy to stealing the rubber off the wipers. i still think about that and what they wanted them for...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Caw-abunga!

I notice he took his board with him when he left. Doesn't need a chair lift either...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I once heard a crow meow like a cat repeatedly while raiding pigeon nests. Crows will actually fashion crude tools to get at food sources. I also watched a gang of Ravens intimidate a Husky into its dog house and take turns eating its food while the others kept the dog in its house. Not your typical bird brains.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Not a gang of Ravens.. Its:

Murder of Crows

Conspiracy of Ravens.

Dark and morbid, also kind of cool. And if anyone is wondering the difference, crows are smaller, more slender, and in larger groups.. they are also kinda shiny blue.

The Common Ravens are very large (about 4 times the size of a common Crow), a Conspiracy usually isn't that large, are dark, dark black, when flying they look like hawks almost because they don't flap their wings like smaller birds.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i'm used to 'camp robber', grey jays.
anything shiny. keys, small tools, screws, kitchen wear, anything.
was redoing part of the roof on the cabin and found a nest. everything the couple stole over the last couple of years.
i left it all there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Crows are known to be very smart

6 Terrifying Ways Crows Are Way Smarter Than You Think

#6. They Can Remember Your Face

#5. They Conspire With One Another

#4. Memory

#3. Tools and Problem Solving

#2. Planning

#1. Adaptive Behavior

edit on 12-1-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I think its more a connection that animals with a greater acess to experiance develope a higher intelligence.

Being communal, highly mobile, and reduced threat from predators inevitibly leads to a large collections of wisdom within a species. When predators are the biggest threat... fear overides curiosity.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My mom and her hubby took a new house a while back - a house with a pair a crows that soon began to terrorize them.
Her husband's routine was to go out every morning for a couple of pastries bringing them home to share with my mom while they check the news on the computer.
Through with breakfast they'd take the pastry bag out on the front lawn to toss leftover crumbs to the crows.
WRONG!
The crows learned the pastry bag VERY quickly.
Got to the point when returning from the pastry run - he'd have to do just that! RUN from the car to the house with the bag while getting dive bombed.
He thought he was smart and put the pastries in another bag - WRONG again.
Finally he bought an extra pastry - tossed it out of the car window then made a dash for the door.
That worked for a bit.
Now, when they're sitting in the 'office' eating their pastry and perusing the net? The crow has started tapping on the window!

Great 'Crow Boarding' vid, thanks for sharing!

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I know crows are very clever but...all I see is a video of a crow on a very smooth snow sprinkled roof top in the middle of a Russian winter trying to eat an onion ring that is quite obviously Frozen Solid

top topics

<<   2 >>

join