It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia accuses US of secret Mars Plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Haven't seen this posted yet, what do you make of this?

Secret US Mars Plot

edit on 12-1-2012 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

Personally we have no reason to mess with the Russians or their technology. We have our own problems, but I think we possible have different reasons for going to Mars. Likely many different reasons for that matter, if we haven't been there for a very long time already!
edit on 12-1-2012 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EngineerGuY

What are your thoughts on it before I even click any link?

Any interesting quotes or paragraphs?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I don't doubt there could be such a "plot". I really don't think either side is helpful to one another or honest enough to trust.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Sorry already beat you to it:

Russian Space Chief Claims Space Failures may be Sabotage

I wonder if there is any truth to it or if he's just trying to blame the U.S. for Russia's failures. I'm on the fence myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It does seem slightly strange that Russia, and the sovs before them had and have an horrendous record of trying to get to Mars and Phobos in particular. It seems that only NASA can get an orbiter or lander there.

Got to say though, I don't think there is any way that the US would interfere with the Russian's on this one. They have the lift vehicle the US need to get to the ISS.

The Chinese on the other hand........only (half) kidding lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by current93
It does seem slightly strange that Russia, and the sovs before them had and have an horrendous record of trying to get to Mars and Phobos in particular. It seems that only NASA can get an orbiter or lander there.

Got to say though, I don't think there is any way that the US would interfere with the Russian's on this one. They have the lift vehicle the US need to get to the ISS.

The Chinese on the other hand........only (half) kidding lol

You're forgetting that NASA has also lost probes to Mars.

One of the surveyor probes that had my name on a CD too (It is probably somewhere on Mars but it failed to respond after descent).

There goes my shot at space faring fame.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It seems like it's a typical Russia, and well, to be honest, trying to look at both sides, and after reading some of the posts on here... Isn't Phobos quite interesting?

I'm not shouting conspiracy, just saying that I've read a few things about Phobos, the US obviously knows a lot about Phobos and may not want other eyes on there.

On the other hand, if the US did affect the launch, I really don't believe Russia would release a statement, I believe they'd react a hell of a lot angrier than that, especially with all of the current tensions.

Thanks for the post, starred.

EDIT:

Would have been nice for your opinion too, not just a quick 'one liner' post for stars.
edit on 12-1-2012 by scottlpool2003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY
Haven't seen this posted yet, what do you make of this?

If you read the article you will see the author thinks it's silly. the author has the right idea. Why would we want to sabotage a Mars probe? We need the Ruskies to get into space these days since we have no way to get to the spacestation we built.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

Russian Space Chief Claims Space Failures may be Sabotage

Thanks

- closed -

new topics

top topics

join