It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad and Angie make a visit to the Oval Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
gma.yahoo.com... ml

Once again the only time you get your two cents in is if you have cash. I sure would enjoy an invite to the Oval Office as would 300+ million other citizens. Just goes to once more show what a crock the US Government and political system is. A total sham of smoke a mirrors.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Looks like your link's busted, friend.

Here's a YouTube video:

And here's a link to an ABC article for you - not finding the gma.yahoo link at this moment - Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie meet Obama in Oval Office:

America’s first couple of Hollywood, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, was spotted by ABC New at the White House Wednesday.

Jolie and Pitt met with President Obama in the Oval Office where they could be seen posing for a photo together in front of his desk.

The two have been in Washington to screen Jolie’s new movie about Bosnia war crimes that premiered at the Holocaust museum Tuesday night.

“President Obama spoke with Ms. Jolie about her work to raise the profile of preventing mass atrocities and combating sexual violence against women,” said White House spokeswoman Jamie Smith.

I pretty much agree with you - granted, Jolie's active in some decent circles, but the fact that entertainers tend to always get so much face time with world leaders grinds my gears a bit as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Democracy is a popularity competition by nature. The Obama's (or any other powerbrokers) do what has been proven most effective for garnering popular support. Popular, i.e as many people as possible.

It's sadly inherent in the system, because it works.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen
gma.yahoo.com... ml

Once again the only time you get your two cents in is if you have cash. I sure would enjoy an invite to the Oval Office as would 300+ million other citizens. Just goes to once more show what a crock the US Government and political system is. A total sham of smoke a mirrors.

She is a UN ambassador. Meeting with leaders is part of her job description.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

To screen a movie about Bosnian war crimes that has upset many, many people who survived the war?

I swear, politicians and anyone from Hollywood is freaking stupid.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wait what?

Bosnian War Crimes where muslims were getting slaughtered and the evil American bombed the hell out of those who were slaughtering them and Hollylame makes a movie about it and then Brad who was married and cheated on Jennifer and then shacked up with the woman who he cheated with and they get to Go meet the Potus who is "not" a muslim?

Alrighty then.
edit on 12-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the fixes ATSers

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Who cares what is this entertainment tonight

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Meanwhile: Millions of innocent people are being slaughtered by the US dictatorship

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ughh.... who gives a rat's butt about those two? They make me nauseated. Both of them. Disgraces....to the human race...much like Nancy (dis)Grace.

ETA: you are known by the company you keep. I have zero respect for any of them...just my opinion.
edit on 12-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Bosnian War Crimes where muslims were getting slaughtered and the evil American bombed the hell out of those who were slaughtering them and Hollylame makes a movie about it and then Brad who was married and cheated on Jennifer and then shacked up with the woman who he cheated with and they get to Go meet the Potus who is "not" a muslim?

That would make a great front page headline for the National Enquirer.

Maybe you should consider a future in rag mag editorials ?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You know, I'm not even from the states, but really? Does he not have better things to do like, er.... stay in office? Than to have actors in the office, or is he taking tips?

The World has gone mad... between your president and our PM, we couldn't manage a game of squash never mind world domination.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
BRAD AND ANGIE WHO... cares

it's two lines if you think about it.
edit on 12-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would have stuck w/Jennifer but thats me.

new topics

top topics

join