It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: I'm not an "angry black woman"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Michelle is mad now (maybe). And She has NOT read the book yet !

I think this is all politcal and a "sympathy" generator.

The book author and the White House may have conspired.

Note that the article has a completely unrelated picture of Michelle "smiling".

The article also quotes Michelle

"I guess it's just more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here," she said. "That's been an image people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced, that I'm some kind of angry black woman."

(Jennifer Mattson January 11, 2012 22:06 GlobalPost)

US first lady Michelle Obama is rejecting claims in a new book that she has tense relationships with the President's inner circle and that she is "deeply frustrated and insecure."

"The Obamas" is an unauthorised biography by New York Times reporter Jodi Kantor which details the first lady's conflicts with former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and former press secretary Robert Gibbs. It calls her an "unrecognised force" in the White House.

In an interview with CBS This Morning, Obama called Gibbs a “trusted adviser” and Emanuel a friend and “funny guy.” The first lady said she doesn't typically have conversation's with her husband's staff and "can count the number of times I go over to the West Wing, period.”

Obama told CBS News people have inaccurately tried to portray her as "some kind of angry black woman" and challenged the book's assertions she imposes her own views on the White House staff.

She also said she has not yet read the book.

The book's author Jodi Kantor objected to the inference. “There’s no suggestion of her as an angry black woman in the book,”

"I guess it's just more interesting to imagine this conflicted situation here," she said. "That's been an image people have tried to paint of me since the day Barack announced, that I'm some kind of angry black woman."

Michelle Obama: I'm not an "angry black woman"

The Beatles say it good in an old song:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Was she yelling why saying it?
lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here is the interview in case you haven't seen it yet, she says it around the 30 second mark:

Really boring interview I suggest you fast forward to the 30 second mark.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What did she expect ?

Being the First Lady in possibly the most venomous election year in U.S. history and all that jazz....

"with the soup comes the broth of life's realities"
(can't remember who said that !)

I still think it is a planned psy-op.

Can anyone recommend a good violin quartet ?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

She's mad? Why do you say that she's mad?

Anyway, what is wrong with her saying that she's not an angry black woman? I don't understand why this is news.

And there's another thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Shakespeare said, "You doth protest too much!" meaning if you have to refute something over and over again and defend yourself vigorously, then you're probably guilty of whatever it is you're protesting.

Having said that, Rush Limbaugh was talking this afternoon about how the Obama's were educated by a certain institution that dislikes America and he made some good points.

She might not be angry, per se, but I don't think she particularly likes America--and neither does her husband.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think any ATS members are saying she's mad, it's the media blowing this all out of proportion. As the OP mentioned this could all be a psy op.

I see no other purpose in this craziness.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

She's mad? Why do you say that she's mad?

Anyway, what is wrong with her saying that she's not an angry black woman? I don't understand why this is news.

And there's another thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Well that's why I said "maybe".

Michelle is mad now (maybe). And She has NOT read the book yet !

I think the book author is insinuating she is mad.
That's the "news".

Nothing "wrong" with her saying that she's not an angry black woman...
How could anyone say she is ?

It MUST be news, or the M$M would not have published anything.

thanks for the other thread. we need all opinions and comments.

edit on Jan-12-2012 by xuenchen because:

er

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Media...Posters on ATS...or election nonsense....Yawn...who cares?

Is there where posters are invited to debate whether she is an "Angry Black Woman" or not?

Maybe some psuedo-racist junk with get tossed around? Yippee....

Who cares...enough with the race issues, they are simply just not important.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Shakespeare said, "You doth protest too much!" meaning if you have to refute something over and over again and defend yourself vigorously, then you're probably guilty of whatever it is you're protesting.

Having said that, Rush Limbaugh was talking this afternoon about how the Obama's were educated by a certain institution that dislikes America and he made some good points.

She might not be angry, per se, but I don't think she particularly likes America--and neither does her husband.

[color=cyan]***

Very Good Observation !

Maybe some general psychology is at play too ?

Hmmm.

I will remember this quote.
It may apply and answer some important questions about the U.S. elected officials !

and perhaps accusing others of that very same guilt !

.... now we're talk'n

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Media...Posters on ATS...or election nonsense....Yawn...who cares?

Is there where posters are invited to debate whether she is an "Angry Black Woman" or not?

Maybe some psuedo-racist junk with get tossed around? Yippee....

Who cares...enough with the race issues, they are simply just not important.

Well Michelle said it !

Please, talk it out. She is.

Otherwise, we can go back to sleep now !!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why should she be angry?

Her husband is king she is queen shes gets to jet off to Europe she gets to wear 600 sneakers.

Not really anything to be "angry" about but i disgress liberals always run arounf being angry crying about what they don't have and never looking at what they do have.

They don't call her Marie Antoinette for nothing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well Michelle said it !

She was responding to the type of nonsense that went on in 2008 and is making a comeback for 2012..

Exiting the thread now...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why an angry "black" woman? Why not just an angry woman? Do black women have a worse anger than other, different coloured women?

Not allot of people see what I'm onabout, but it interests me allot when people of their status say such things. Highlighting ones colour when talking about 'issues' just breeds division.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Why an angry "black" woman? Why not just an angry woman? Do black women have a worse anger than other, different coloured women?

Not allot of people see what I'm onabout, but it interests me allot when people of their status say such things. Highlighting ones colour when talking about 'issues' just breeds division.

[color=cyan]*** ...

Very Good Point !

It seems Michelle herself (and her political allies and opponents) is amplifying the "issue" at hand, and has a history of this provocational behavior.

I would ask her in person (if ever possible) "What the devil is the difference anyway?"

edit on Jan-12-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry Charlie !

Michelle in the OP article is responding to the recent book (2012)

Her prior responses to past issues are however, relavent imo.

Exiting the thread now...

[deep long inhale ........ fast loud exhale]

edit on Jan-12-2012 by xuenchen because: Wheeeew.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry Charlie !

Did you listen to your own OP video? "thats the image that people have tried to paint of me since the day that Barack announced that I am some angry black woman"

...you do know she is referring to when he announced he was running for President?...long before this book came out this month?

For the love of god...you are arguing against the actual footage in your own OP?

This is why I exited the thread....Reality disconnect...race baiting....have at it...sane folks don't care.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

Sorry Charlie !

Did you listen to your own OP video? "thats the image that people have tried to paint of me since the day that Barack announced that I am some angry black woman"

...you do know she is referring to when he announced he was running for President?...long before this book came out this month?

For the love of god...you are arguing against the actual footage in your own OP?

This is why I exited the thread....Reality disconnect...race baiting....have at it...sane folks don't care.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Relax, calm down, take a deep breath ...... and get the hysteria under control.

The OP has no video.
(except the Beatles song)

The article doesn't seem to either

You may have the wrong thread ?

It looks like some quote from a CBS link

OP Article No Video ?

anyway, the CBS video says this:
and, Quote from the OP Article

Obama told CBS News people have inaccurately tried to portray her as "some kind of angry black woman" and challenged the book's assertions she imposes her own views on the White House staff.

Michelle Herself is making the accusations and finger pointing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Who cares what the Wookie thinks about anything? Since when does the First Lady have any say in anything? SHE IS JUST SOME DUDE"S WIFE.

Do you think the wife of the CEO of, say, ExxonMobil, or BP, (which have a lot more say in anything than the supposed POTUS really does) have any say in how the corporation is run? Their stock would drop into the toilet if the CEO started appointing his WIFE in charge of even small divisions of the company. The CEO would get FIRED. So why does the First Lady have any say whatsoever in anything? DID SOMEBODY ELECT HER TO DO SOMETHING? I don't think so. So who cares what she thinks about anything, and why is she even interacting with the real movers and shakers in any but a superficial way?

It's all because of Billary that this even carries any weight. And, take that creature, for example. If she had not been married to the President, do you think she would have even had a snowball's chance in hell to get elected to be Senator of NY? Especially since she was born in Chicago, and Bill is from Arkansas? And now she is somehow Secretary of State? All because she was married to the right guy.

Any real operation that tried to pull this stuff would go bankrupt. Who cares what the Wookie says?
edit on 12-1-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

top topics

join