It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you knew nuclear fall out was coming in 24 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Where would you go what would you do?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I would go home seal the doors and windows and start taking more kelp powder (potassium iodine)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
Where would you go what would you do?

Depends on the situation I suppose. If it was a nearby nuclear reactor near by that turned into a Chernobyl or Fukushima then I will probably get out of dodge quick. If it was a nuclear attack of some kind well... I'll get out of dodge quick!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
i'd pray for the people i loved.

then maybe jump off a cliff, or do something that's always scared me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Start drinking my jager.

Least I won't feel a thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
What else could you do
except moving or staying ..?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Glow-in-the-dark snow angels! w00t!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

well i was thinking if you got enough people together with a a nice bit of fire power you could over run an air base or army base and kick them out of their nuclear bunkers.if billions know they are going to die what's to loose if you get shot trying to get into a nuclear bunker they was going to die.your either lucky or not

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Originally posted by Beavers

.....maybe jump off a cliff, or do something that's always scared me.
Excellent idea.
Might as well go now. Good luck.

Do you realize that this ↓ question gives no description at all, regarding any amount/potency?

What would you do if you knew nuclear fall out was coming in 24 hours

The fallout could be a lesser amount of radiation, than what you ingest by eating a single banana.

Personally, I would probably get a second opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'd follow this guide.
www.ki4u.com...

very informative

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

what i mean is if ww3 breaks out even if your one of the unlucky i mean lucky people not to go out first,you should expect nuclear fall out to circle the planet in 24 hours

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Most major cities have nuclear shelters, although most were built 40 years ago. While Seattle wouldn't be the main target if someone did attack my state, we would be near the blast zones. Banger, Lewis, mcchord, yakima would all be hit. Lucky my state has many places to live out in the woods, lots of food and fresh water.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is why it is important to keep up with current events. I live near (within 30 miles) of a major city. I would need a lot of information about a nuclear attack or fallout before I made the decision whether to hunker down or bug out. I really really need to stock up on duct tape and plastic though.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

well i was thinking if you got enough people together with a a nice bit of fire power you could over run an air base or army base and kick them out of their nuclear bunkers.if billions know they are going to die what's to loose if you get shot trying to get into a nuclear bunker they was going to die.your either lucky or not

deseperate situation will always bring deseperate actions to survive if there is a chance
but the radiation .. can take up to many yrs before harming someone for real
hard to escape a timebomb like that
if i know a nuke or reactor explore in my area .. i go the opposite way of the ground zero

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well if somehow I was the only one who knew that it was going to happen, I would go into town and stock up on food, water and medical supplies. Afterwards, I'd go home, seal all the doors and windows, and wait in the basement. At that point there's not much else you can do to prepare.

On the other hand, If we ALL knew it was going to happen, I wouldn't even attempt going to stock up on supplies because cities would be complete chaos. I live in the mountains, so I would stay home and be with my family where there wouldn't be madness on every street.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Go to my Mom's and hang out in their shelter.
I really wish I had a house with a shelter/supply room.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

What do you plan on doing with duck tape and plastic may i ask sounds strange

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

By the time you were told that there was a Nuclear fall out those in power would already be in their bunkers on full lock down mode. It always made me laugh, why on earth would people choose to stay alive if there is nothing left?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would be waiting for this time to come knowing genetic mutations from radiation in small dose can change us in super-humans. Simple and interesting possibility to me really.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

You are supposed to seal your house with it to keep out the radioactive particles. So, we'd probably suffocate!
At any rate, we live far enough out that if we had sufficient time we could probably get a head start on the evacuation from the city. I hope it never comes to that. I would rather stay home and defend it than try our luck with the general population.

new topics

top topics

join