It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Didn't Cry Hard Enough Over Kim Jong Il's death? Then Off To A Labor Camp With You!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

North Korea's hardline regime is punishing those who did not cry at the death of dictator Kim Jong-il, according to reports. Sentences of at least six months in labour camps are also apparently being given to those who didn't go to the organised mourning events, while anyone who criticised the new leader Kim Jong-un is also being punished. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Given the oppressiveness of the North Korean government I'd have pulled out a few nose hairs then proceeded to scream and wail like a banshee rather than face months in a labor camp simply because I didn't publicly "mourn and cry hard enough" for the worlds cameras. Everyone and everything in that country is so tightly controlled and staged that I can't help but shake my head and wonder if they honestly believe that they have the rest of the world fooled into believing their contrived propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Nuts! Crazy! Loco!! This is what it is to be a slave. Is it possible for North Koreans to escape that country or is it like Running Man...you try and leave and your head explodes?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Zombie Apocalypse has started.

Man is that brutal. No life. Live like robots.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
don't take everything seriously the daily mail publishes mate they talk bollocks.listen to this song lol
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Please, if this is too far off topic, just ignore it.

What do you think the US's role (or the UN's, or NATO's, or any other group's) should be in this. I'm really reluctant to say "Fine with me, go ahead and keep enslaving, starving, and killing your people." But I'm also reluctant to say "Your country will be glass in one-half hour unless you resign and let us free your people."

What to do?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

just leave the crazy little Korean to do his own thing,if the country is minding its own business and not attacking other nations leave it be.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sigh...Meanwhile in Korea. Isn't there a website that will send doggy doos to various undesirables for a small fee? Perhaps Mr. Un needs some snail mails sent his way courtesy of all his 'supporters' in the free world.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Let them do what they want, I for one am tired of the United States and our military trying to be the world's policeman. Let someone else police the world for a while.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I don't think we should be involved in any way, shape or form. The US has enough problems at home, our military is spread too thin, we should worry about taking care of ourselves first and not policing the world.
As for escaping...that would probably akin to trying to escape a Nazi death camp.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

North Korea's hardline regime is punishing those who did not cry at the death of dictator Kim Jong-il, according to reports. Sentences of at least six months in labour camps are also apparently being given to those who didn't go to the organised mourning events, while anyone who criticised the new leader Kim Jong-un is also being punished. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Given the oppressiveness of the North Korean government I'd have pulled out a few nose hairs then proceeded to scream and wail like a banshee rather than face months in a labor camp simply because I didn't publicly "mourn and cry hard enough" for the worlds cameras. Everyone and everything in that country is so tightly controlled and staged that I can't help but shake my head and wonder if they honestly believe that they have the rest of the world fooled into believing their contrived propaganda.

I'm surprised that N. Korea hasn't fizzled out of existence yet. China and Russia have been losing support for the nation for YEARS and there economy is nearly non-existent. I was waiting for the announcement after Kim Jong Ill's death that the country would be dissolved, but we will just have to wait and see...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2012 by claireaudient because: double post

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Dissolution of NK? And become what, part of South Korea, China or another country altogether? I'm not trying to sound condescending, I really am curious and interested in your idea!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2012 by claireaudient because: double post

I suppose it all depends on how it will happen. Will the massive military stop receiving salary (assuming they even get a salary) and abandon there posts all over the country with a massive influx of refugees from the now unguarded north flooding into the south? The military is the only think keeping that country together, if that fails than the country fails. If N. Korea did dissolve than the land will be up for grabs by South Korea, China, and surly the United States. If the U.S. or South Korea (pretty much the U.S.) takes over an abandoned North Korea, the U.S. will have a big ace up there sleeves with military bases being built right on China's door step. I could go into more idea's, but I think that would deserve its own entire topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

just leave the crazy little Korean to do his own thing,if the country is minding its own business and not attacking other nations leave it be.

Fear not. When America becomes the next North Korea, all the other countries will be saying the same thing about us.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
North Korea, the role model for the NWO.

TPTB dream of establishing us in the mould of North Korea. A petrified populace kept on a starvation diet, with no hope, no freedom, and no life while they live in utter luxury, their every whim catered for and indulged.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
North Korea, the role model for the NWO.

TPTB dream of establishing us in the mould of North Korea. A petrified populace kept on a starvation diet, with no hope, no freedom, and no life while they live in utter luxury, their every whim catered for and indulged.

The only difference is that we only think we're free. But then, they probably were programmed to believe the same thing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If the US were to annex North Korea, following a dissolution of the country, we would have one heck of a fight on our hands with China! The idea of having us camped out at their backdoor would certainly put everyone on edge but it is an "entertaining" thought LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If the US were to annex North Korea, following a dissolution of the country, we would have one heck of a fight on our hands with China! The idea of having us camped out at their backdoor would certainly put everyone on edge but it is an "entertaining" thought LOL

It brings memories of the Korean war where many of the troops and equipment that the US and other countries were fighting were actually Chinese. It was really just a war between the communist China and the US if you look at it. Now, China has a raging economy and is beefing up their military to boot. Keep in mind this is pretty hypothetical, but the thought is pretty grim of what could happen in the next few decades.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's another problem with either the US or South Korea taking control of the North. How in the world to feed, house, educate, etc. all those people? We'd try, of course, but a flood of millions of North Koreans pouring in would be a huge problem.

Would going to China be a step up, or would they just be exchanging one hell hole for another?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You have a valid point. 23 million people who were taught that Kim Jong Il had supernatural powers, each with an average annual income of only $1,700, never been allowed to have a single independent thought under the most oppressive regime on the planet - they wouldn't know what to do. Shoot, they DON'T know what to do without being told. Everyone and everything is government controlled, encouraged to spy on and report on one another. Geez, if they brought their "normal, typical" tattling behaviors to the US, Canada or the UK their neighbors would string them up by their toenails.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join