It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mach 4 jet engine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
tbcc.grc.nasa.gov...

hummm a project to develope a mach 4 jet engine... does anyone think this was aready acomplished before by the gov't but is just now releasing the idea?

[edit on 12-9-2004 by beyondSciFi]

[edit on 15-9-2004 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Cool!

A new addition for my golf cart!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
lol put 2 of those babys in the f-22 lol, now that would make the f-22 my dream plane... *drools*

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Except that the RAm components on the raptor would melt off, and eventually the plane would catch on fire. Sorry to ruin the mood, but I am a realist.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Except that the RAm components on the raptor would melt off, and eventually the plane would catch on fire. Sorry to ruin the mood, but I am a realist.

Yes, I believe the Chinese and Russians are quite keen on them being fitted

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ild like to fly one of those

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
lol i know, but u just have to kill my dream dont u, lol, besides i want to change the f-22 more then just add good engines, lol

i.e. tougher structure,better engines, avonics, weapons, 3d thrust nossels the list goes on and on lol...

still the project sounds great... i doubt they will stop at mach 4... after that mach 5 and so on i hope.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This site is a little confusing. By the looks of that pic, is this talking about Scramjet, it looks like it but doesn't sound like it.

They might be referring to what I posted earlier, about Darpa's mach 4 jet that goes to 150,000 ft.

Darpa's Mach 4 Jet

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nevermind.

That site must be old, it doesn;t have a date so i'm assuming, because it talks about the X-43B being a test bed for it, the X-43B has pretty much being off the drawing board since 2001.

Also, that site doesn't say how its done, not one hint, I think its garbage. We allready have engines that are powerful enough to reach mach numbers without afterburners. The main hudle now (if were talking about public use) is the sonic boom. Which they have flown a craft before mods and after and the one with modifications done to it had a lower sonic boom, so now we know it can be done we have to work on lowering it more or just plain finding out a way or material that gets rid of it all together.

E_T

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
This site is a little confusing. By the looks of that pic, is this talking about Scramjet, it looks like it but doesn't sound like it.

Engine in that NASA's page looks like to be so called "turbo-ramjet" like in Blackbird. (and they talk about J-58)

www.wvi.com...
www.mobiledyne.com... (Something running hot?
)

www.globalsecurity.org...[Url]

[url]http://tbcc.grc.nasa.gov/X43B.html

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Isn�t the x-43 supposed to fly from California to NY in a test flight its supposed to take of from a B-52?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Isn�t the x-43 supposed to fly from California to NY in a test flight its supposed to take of from a B-52?

Are you serious?

Its got one more flight left this fall.

Its a hypersonic experimental craft, in other words it will be flying over the ocean, not land.

The only thing right about that sentence is it does use the B-52 to launch itself, and a pegasus rocket.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
tbcc.grc.nasa.gov...

hummm a project to develope a mach 4 jet engine... does anyone think this was aready acomplished before by the gov't but is just now releasing the idea?

[edit on 15-9-2004 by beyondSciFi]

I don't care about this
I just want the airplane companies to invent planes that would be a lot faster
The Concorde was too slow

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
hummmm guess you didnt look on the internet much.... does the SST ring a bell???????????????????

new topics

top topics

join