It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State health officials discuss outbreak of tics in Le Roy, but say they can't share the cause

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
How am I supposed to answer that question?

The question of why vaccines ruled out has to be answered by officials. I don't accept "ruling out" statements without an explanation attached.

Do you understand that if there is no one single cause, then there is no one single source? You can't attribute all of the cases to any vaccine because all of the cases were not caused by a single source.

Do you also understand that there are 12 cases? Not just 6....

The girls have the SAME symptoms which points to a single cause. Officials denying a single cause while they withold relevant information does not reassure me that there's no single cause.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

How am I supposed to answer that question?

The question of why vaccines ruled out has to be answered by officials. I don't accept "ruling out" statements without an explanation attached.

Do you understand that if there is no one single cause, then there is no one single source? You can't attribute all of the cases to any vaccine because all of the cases were not caused by a single source.

Do you also understand that there are 12 cases? Not just 6....

The girls have the SAME symptoms which points to a single cause. Officials denying a single cause while they withold relevant information does not reassure me that there's no single cause.

So you're not re-assured? My bad... lol...

No... same symptoms do not always point to a single cause. Think about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do you folks saying that vaccines cause tics know what a tic is??

It's a little arachnid.....a type that has been documented for a few thousand years.

And you don't get to be "made susceptible" to it or any foolishness like that - if you encounter enough of them some of them will stick to you and that is about all the criteria there is.

And they are everywhere "in the wild" where it is warm, moist and there are enough blood-sacks (mammals) around to support their population.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

tics... not ticks...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Certainly it does, unless the contrary is proven. The simultaneous timing reinforces the suggestion a common cause.

Is your approach to epidemiology to consider the less probable scenario first? Do you think they were abducted by aliens instead?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Certainly it does, unless the contrary is proven. The simultaneous timing reinforces the suggestion a common cause.

Is your approach to epidemiology to consider the less probable scenario first? Do you think they were abducted by aliens instead?

Do you always try to demean the people you are having a discussion with?

So, what would you accept as evidence to the contrary? A Doctor's report? No?

I'm done with you... you're incapable of logical thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

So, what would you accept as evidence to the contrary? A Doctor's report? No?

I already told you: a disclosure of these girls' vaccination status, its nature and its timing.

It all points to a "jab for girls" (Gardasil) they took more or less the same day.

I'm done with you... you're incapable of logical thought.

Sure, it's very logical to consider the "multiple cause" scenario first when both symptoms and timing match... genius!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by Blarneystoner

OMG.... it is too much facebook ... I hardly think so. I know a smoke screen when I see it.

Yeah see... if you spent more time researching it instead of being a smart ass you might find more information....

The mention of types of drugs above wasn't meant to exclude from the meaning, as it does, that designer drugs weren't investigated as a cause. They were and ruled out as a cause. PANDAS has been ruled out as a cause. HPV vaccine has also been ruled out as a cause, according to Dr. Young. ODD or ADHD can make a child more susceptible to tics, but that isn't a cause. One thing Young intimated is that there is no one cause for all the girls.

Source: The Batavian

HPV vaccine ruled out, PANDAS ruled out.

NO SINGLE CAUSE FOR ALL OF THE GIRLS.

Whatever.... some will find conspiracy in a bowl of Cheerios.

Nothing to see here....

How many Cheerios are in the bowl? "please note scarasm involved"

so if they know ... there are 11 different diagnoises?

sorry but thats like using the Bible to prove Gods existence. This just doesn't seem rational to have 11 different causes to an illness with similar symptons .... just saying

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

... This just doesn't seem rational to have 11 different causes to an illness with similar symptons .... just saying

"rationally" thinking there will be 16 causes

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Geezus Christ... you two are morons.

The Dr. said no one single cause for all cases... not all cases have a different cause. Idiots.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The Dr. said no one single cause for all cases...

When somebody makes an unsubstantieted claim, what he withholds is more important than what he says.

You seem to be content with the official oscurantism about this case, but other people have brains to deduce the probable culprit by analyzing the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Wow, A tic is a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Do you folks saying that vaccines cause tics know what a tic is??

It's a little arachnid.....a type that has been documented for a few thousand years.

And you don't get to be "made susceptible" to it or any foolishness like that - if you encounter enough of them some of them will stick to you and that is about all the criteria there is.

And they are everywhere "in the wild" where it is warm, moist and there are enough blood-sacks (mammals) around to support their population.

Lol talk about wrong end of the stick or what? Either that or a comic genius wow.
Yeah maybe its lymes disease from the ticks/bed bugs , genius I tell ya

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

oops - yep - bad misread on my part - to late to redact the post now - mea culpa!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No Thankyou that cheered me up no end ,I meen no disrespect.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Among Dupont's suggestions is that a parent support group be formed. Then, perhaps, parents could share more information and find commonalities among their daughters (not all of the girls know each other or necessarily had contact with each other prior to the tic manifestations arising).

See... that quote makes me think it's more of a social problem than a medical one. He probably know what the common factor is but for whatever reason he isn't saying.... that's why he's encouraging the parents to discover it for themselves...

Just guessing of course....

Wow, so the authorities have discovered the cause of this outbreak of tics but won't tell these concerned parents what it is? Are the girls themselves privy to the cause? (Authorities can't cry "HIPPA" there, since protecting a person's privacy from herself flies in the face of logic!)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
2012 and no ability of our officials or medical personnel to give a plausible cause of this. scary...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was looking for an update about this issue and I found this in an article...

Expert: Mystery illness is stress November 19th, 2007

The twitching reported at William Byrd High School is a classic psychogenic symptom, a researcher says.
School officials say they have heard from roughly 10 people at William Byrd complaining of the twitching symptoms, including one female teacher. Students and parents have said that all the students affected are also female.....School and health officials have so far not revealed the cause of the symptoms, which the Virginia Department of Health described as "involuntary movements in the extremities." Tests done on the school's air, water and surfaces have turned up nothing unusual.

So it appears that in November, 2007, a high school in Virginia had an identical incident. All female students and one female teacher ..."the students, as well as a teacher, were experiencing severe headaches, dizziness and seizurelike twitching"...."These kids are scared," Bradshaw said. "They're terrified." Now how is it possible that these two incidences are so similar? Not one male student or male teacher and we are to believe it is due to a "conversion disorder," "a classic psychogenic symptom," or "hysteria?"

at the following link

www.ag... eofautism.com/2012/01/leroy-ny-girls-with-neurological-tics-science-offers-reasons-when-government-officials-wont.html

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

... This just doesn't seem rational to have 11 different causes to an illness with similar symptons .... just saying

"rationally" thinking there will be 16 causes

That is quite rational and, frankly, prudent unless otherwise contradicted by research and facts. Correlation does not now, nor has it ever implied causation. I believe that this is a sad case of psychosomatic symptoms that have extremely complex causes.

I fear that you have already come to a conclusion and are trying to see the facts in that light.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Among Dupont's suggestions is that a parent support group be formed. Then, perhaps, parents could share more information and find commonalities among their daughters (not all of the girls know each other or necessarily had contact with each other prior to the tic manifestations arising).

See... that quote makes me think it's more of a social problem than a medical one. He probably know what the common factor is but for whatever reason he isn't saying.... that's why he's encouraging the parents to discover it for themselves...

Just guessing of course....

Wow, so the authorities have discovered the cause of this outbreak of tics but won't tell these concerned parents what it is? Are the girls themselves privy to the cause? (Authorities can't cry "HIPPA" there, since protecting a person's privacy from herself flies in the face of logic!)

Causes are not always biological. In this case (as has been pointed out) they appear to be psychological.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join