It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State health officials discuss outbreak of tics in Le Roy, but say they can't share the cause

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

State health officials discuss outbreak of tics in Le Roy, but say they can't share the cause

thebatavian. com

In a community meeting Wednesday night to discuss an unusual outbreak of tics among female students at Le Roy High School, a state health official steadfastly refused to reveal the cause of the outbreak.

Citing not just HIPPA as a reason for keeping the diagnosis of 11 girls private, Dr. Gregory Young said that as a matter of principle he didn't want to see the girls "labelled" by what their doctor has found.

Young, from the NYS Department of Health, said the cause (or causes) isn't related to the environment; it isn't anything a person "catches"; it doesn't come from exposure to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
WOW! I can not imagine any reason why any public offical would not discose the cause of an illness that has caused an outbreak in a school. This is just BS and the question begs for answers which the shcool and state government officials out right say "you don't need to know" but we do... com on "trust us"?

I don't know what it might be but I wonder if this is related to some sort of vaccine.

One Parent said their doctor reported it as a "conversion disorder" ... franklly that sounds like some sort of diversion to me.

Lets put our collective wisdom and knowledge to figure out what this might be.

thebatavian. com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: clarity

edit on 12-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Doctor/patient confidentiallity.

If the "condition" isn't contagious and poses no public health threat, you don't need to know and have no right to know.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

11 children at the same school? sure sounds like it might be contagious or something that the school did and they are liabel to get sued......

if that was the case no one told the parents... the childs legal gardians
edit on 12-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add content

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well... if it's Conversion disorder then there isn't much that can be done anyway. If there is a common, underlying cause for the neurological disorder and it constitutes a public health risk then of course it needs to be disclosed.

I know it sounds like a lot (11) but according to the article it's not an unusual thing...

The number of patients is not out of line with national statistics for tic manifestations among a group of 500 youngsters (in fact, in a group of 500, there should be at least 20 children with tics, based on national statistics).

The only unusual thing is that they are all girls... It could be that they had all been mollested or harrased... definitely something that should be kept private... especially if the girls are under age....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am going to go with Gardasil as being the cause. These are all school age girls one being 17.

Seems too strange to be anything else but a reaction to the vaccine. The reason they do not want to share the information is to keep people from knowing they are selling poisons to people. One cannot make big pharma look bad after all.

Raist

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Among Dupont's suggestions is that a parent support group be formed. Then, perhaps, parents could share more information and find commonalities among their daughters (not all of the girls know each other or necessarily had contact with each other prior to the tic manifestations arising).

See... that quote makes me think it's more of a social problem than a medical one. He probably know what the common factor is but for whatever reason he isn't saying.... that's why he's encouraging the parents to discover it for themselves...

Just guessing of course....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

clearly this is new to the patients involved... and then there was this buried down in the article

"It's not unusual, he said, for people to manifest tics in time of stress,"

This is such BS ... I didn't see any news about people getting tics after 911 or before the big school dance.....

and if it was stress why is limited to this school only? If it was stress it would be manifesting in all schools.

and in the article this nugget of info

James Dupont Jr. spoke passionately about the need for officials to be more forthcoming about what physicians have found. Dupont complained that although Young said the cause has been diagnosed, nobody's told him what caused his daughter to develop tics.

the doctor would not even tell the parent/gaurdian of one of the girls.

secondly

After more questioning about conversion disorder, Thomas Wallace, from the state's mental health office, said it isn't really a diagnosis. He said it can be a symptom of other issues and that it can be found in clusters of patients.

Do they really know or are they just blowing smoke up our postier?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I agree ... this was one of my first thoughts

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I am going to go with Gardasil as being the cause. These are all school age girls one being 17.

Seems too strange to be anything else but a reaction to the vaccine. The reason they do not want to share the information is to keep people from knowing they are selling poisons to people. One cannot make big pharma look bad after all.

Raist

I might agree with you but the number of girls experiencing tics is not unusual for the number of children in the school. The ratio is about the same as the national average.

Are vaccination records public? Would be interesting to find out if those girls had been vaccinated with Gardasil....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

OMG.... it is too much facebook ... I hardly think so. I know a smoke screen when I see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

if it was stress the girls would have seen the symptons before

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Am I thinking too much or do these people not have personal M.Ds?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

OMG.... it is too much facebook ... I hardly think so. I know a smoke screen when I see it.

Yeah see... if you spent more time researching it instead of being a smart ass you might find more information....

The mention of types of drugs above wasn't meant to exclude from the meaning, as it does, that designer drugs weren't investigated as a cause. They were and ruled out as a cause. PANDAS has been ruled out as a cause. HPV vaccine has also been ruled out as a cause, according to Dr. Young. ODD or ADHD can make a child more susceptible to tics, but that isn't a cause. One thing Young intimated is that there is no one cause for all the girls.

Source: The Batavian

HPV vaccine ruled out, PANDAS ruled out.

NO SINGLE CAUSE FOR ALL OF THE GIRLS.

Whatever.... some will find conspiracy in a bowl of Cheerios.

Nothing to see here....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
warning de ja vu

I repeat deja vu

Duplicate thread alert

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

The mention of types of drugs above wasn't meant to exclude from the meaning, as it does, that designer drugs weren't investigated as a cause. They were and ruled out as a cause. PANDAS has been ruled out as a cause. HPV vaccine has also been ruled out as a cause, according to Dr. Young. ODD or ADHD can make a child more susceptible to tics, but that isn't a cause. One thing Young intimated is that there is no one cause for all the girls.

Source: The Batavian

HPV vaccine ruled out, PANDAS ruled out.

NO SINGLE CAUSE FOR ALL OF THE GIRLS.

Whatever.... some will find conspiracy in a bowl of Cheerios.

Nothing to see here....

Interesting to know on which grounds was the HPV vaccine ruled out?

Was it not administererd to the girls or it was but....they pretend it's harmless?

According to this source, it appears that all the girls took the FLU vaccine:

Six students come down with Tourette’s Syndrome after taking Flu vaccine
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Again.... No single cause for all of the girls.

ETA: your link is broken...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

That doesn't answer my question, it ignores it.

here's the link:

So it appears they all took the flu vaccine.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

reply to post by Brasov

That doesn't answer my question, it ignores it.

here's the link:

So it appears they all took the flu vaccine.

How am I supposed to answer that question?

Do you understand that if there is no one single cause, then there is no one single source? You can't attribute all of the cases to any vaccine because all of the cases were not caused by a single source.

Do you also understand that there are 12 cases? Not just 6....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Tainted (on purpose) vaccines... which then the disease was somehow transmitted by sex?
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join