It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery boom and earth tremors in Northumberland and Scottish Borders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I reckon it was a Black Ops aircraft of some sort. Perhaps one of those black triangles but with an upgrade. I honestly dont know. But that would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Interesting topic matter, and I actually have something to add.

In the summer I took a Golfing holiday in Scotland, and whilst having lunch at a friends residence we started to feel the house rattle, then shake and we headed outdoors.

The most amazing contrail I have ever seen in my existence curled overhead, and its like no other I have ever witnessed.

From the distant approach over the ocean it was straight, then it completed a viscious 90 degree right turn, followed by an identical left which graduated into a curving sweeping turn out towards the United States.

On the photo it can be seen that high altitude winds were harsh that day, with streaming cloud edges. Whats apparent is the contrail is complete and untouched by the wind even though the airframe was way out over the distant horizon.

One thing I will note is that having seen a shuttle launch, the rumble in the gut was very eerily similar and I actually wondered for a second until logic took hold!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
news.uk.msn.com...

Wonder if this is the answer ? somehow I think there is more to it but we may not ever know I supose all we can do on ATS is keep reporting these incidents and keep discussing them ... love this site

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
from the reposts posted so far and the distance felt, i dont believe sonic boom for a minute.

As for the cotrails etc, the one i spotted in my earlier comment was a big arking contrail at medium level in a brisk winters night before sunset. every 30 or so yards on this solid contrail was a prefect donut circling it. it was awesome.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I work in Newcastle, North East England. This afternoon I was on the 3rd floor of my office building and felt the tremor. It felt like a low frequency "wobble" for want of a better word - a bit like being on a moving train. Not dramatic but definitely weird. I didn't hear anything at all. The official explanation is a supersonic aircraft 10 miles off the coast. That would put it at least 16-18 miles from my office at its nearest. Don't know what it was but I'm really not buying the "sonic boom" theory. Anyone else in the area experience anything?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

"But experts believe the suspected quake was more likely to have been a fast plane flying in the area."

This statement struck me as odd... anyone else?
The reason being, all of the Earthquake Reporting sites state the exact depth and epicenter of earthquakes, so seems to me it should be a cut & dry answer-- either there was an earthquake or there wasn't. Why the 'experts believe' lingo? Shouldn't the experts know? Is this sloppy reporting, or a 'new one' on the experts.

Thanks for posting, waveydavey!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

lol another nutjob in west lothian...thought i was the only one.i honestly think this is an unmanned/manned vehicle commuting from the west of scotland to elsewhere.cannot think of any reason for the frequency or timeframe of these flights except for high value personnel.anything else could afford 12 hrs for a flight or be sent electronically?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join