It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi All,

Do you realize, by using Google Analytics on your site, everyone logged into Gmail or any other Google service during the same session, will provide Google with a complete listing/history of what he did, saw, etc?

Shouldn't ATS, of all places, be more cautious in that regard. Conspiracies aside, it's a major privacy and data protection issue.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Shouldn't individual users take responsibility for their own actions and log out of Google if they are so paranoid about such issues?

Why on earth is that ATS's problem?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Every serious webmaster has Google analytics installed, it's just how it is.

Edit: If you are really so concerned, you can use "private browsing" feature in your browser and/or clear cookies with CCleaner. This gets rid of tracking cookies.
edit on 12-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
+Shouldn't individual users take responsibility for their own actions and log out of Google if they are so paranoid about such issues?

Indeed. I do. But you are being negligent with the privacy of other users.

For a site of this nature, and considering the Broohaha you guys are making about SOPA, it is still a weak approach. You are

a. assuming all users realize this
b. that they all have the knowhow to do something about it

I mean, you can use the "it's your own fault" excuse, but it's still a tad disappointing, and honestly makes me doubt how aware the ATS team really is

Every serious webmaster has Google analytics installed, it's just how it is

I have always held the strong belief that most conspiracy nuts do not really believe what they are saying. You can see it by the fact that noone ever actually acts as though it is true, noone really prepares, noone really does what they advocate. Hobbyists, nothing more.

You guys just confirmed that.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Block it along with the rest.

top topics

join