It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a rant : firearms are not the magical key to survival

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
hey - a pet peeve of mine is the delusion that a fire arm is the key to survival

please abandon this delusion

America was a lawless frontier more recently than the civil war. A land WORL (without rule of law). The frontier was completely teotwawki to folks back east that were brave or broke enough to give the new world a try.

There is plenty of valid history to look at.

Ask one of them how important a gun was and I'll tell you how important they will be.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's starting to sound a lot like a Hank Williams Junior song in here.

For the record, I've never birthed a calf.

LOL! Me neither, but I have seen it done, and I didn't want any part of it! The closest I've come is having to "express" my dog's anal glands. That is something nobody should ever have to do and no dog should ever need done! Horrendous!

If I'm not carrying a gun, a good knife will suffice, but not to the extent that a good firearm would.

Did the "express" on your pit bull work? Like... did it make your dog break-off the attack? In short.... what was your dog's reaction? Can you please explain "express" a little more?

I'am worrying, that I gave you some bad advice from the pitbull thread.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

"Express" is what the vet calls it, but it becomes necessary when an anal gland is infected, and it is more like popping a giant, dog poo infested, butt pimple! That's why I compared it to birthing a calve!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Firearms are definitely not a magical key. They are but another tool to help one survive. Knowledge and education are the best weapons in a survival situation.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Gahndi did Ok without a gun
once the ammo runs out they are just another pointy stick
a pointy stick with crappy balance

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Having a military trained diabolical mind I can do great harm to a technological force.I can kill a tank with a few items anyone can find stick them in a can with a rare earth magnet glued to the bottom and ,if my approach and departure are undetected I can drop or throw it up on top and that tank will go boom.
YOU may not survive but I might.
Night vision equipment? Dragon's breath shotgun round. Thermal sights? A well placed shot on the lens(100mtrs no problem)
Criminals tend to leave me alone.....and friends do call before they show up.
Life at ALERT 2

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Until someone shot him?

Shouldn't be funny, but it kind of is, when you put it in this context! That might be the worst possible example ever given!!

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (often called Mahatma Gandhi) was assassinated on 30 January 1948, shot at point-blank range by Nathuram Godse. Since 1934, there had been five unsuccessful attempts to kill Gandhi. Gandhi was outside on the steps of a building where a prayer meeting was going to take place. He was surrounded by a part of his family and some followers when three gunshots killed him.

Wiki

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Danbones

Until someone shot him?

Shouldn't be funny, but it kind of is, when you put it in this context! That might be the worst possible example ever given!!

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (often called Mahatma Gandhi) was assassinated on 30 January 1948, shot at point-blank range by Nathuram Godse. Since 1934, there had been five unsuccessful attempts to kill Gandhi. Gandhi was outside on the steps of a building where a prayer meeting was going to take place. He was surrounded by a part of his family and some followers when three gunshots killed him.

Wiki

no kidding?

durned bullies
well im alla about superlatives

Ok you got me
didn't take a gun neither did it?
so there

( 5 tries..wouldn't a pointy stick have been faster?)

Ps
I actually wouldn't want to do the first couple months of teotwawki without a gun and a back up gun and a spare gun for parts...
but hopefully when the dead bodies start to really pile up and the stink gets really bad, and folks start to get lonely for thier missing friends and loved ones, people will start to rethink the logic a little bit.

I did star your post BTW

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's alright!
I actually didn't know Gandhi was assassinated until just a couple of days ago while researching assassinations for this thread. But, I'm glad I know now, because it made this post pretty funny!

I agree with you, I would hate to be without a couple of guns when SHTF, but no way I will be depending on those guns for my survival, they are just there for emergencies. They are useless without ammo, or in a stealth situation, or in an out-gunned situation against an organized force. I wouldn't want to try and build a house without a hammer and some nails, and I wouldn't want to try and survive without a gun, but just a hammer and nails is not enough to build a house and just a gun is not enough to survive.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
well, if a few more people think constuctivley like that when tshtf
then it might not be so bad

Is nice to think a good laugh might work better as a survival tool then a hot lead Mambo too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join