It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime & Courts - US Florida senior citizen shoots, kills suspected burglar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
From the "I love happy endings files."

The 82-year-old homeowner woke up at 6 a.m. after hearing someone at his backdoor, the report said. He armed himself with a .45 automatic and fired a single shot through the door, the report said. The suspected burglar was hit in the abdomen and likely died minutes later.

My emphasis.

“The 82-year-old resident did something that the criminal justice system couldn’t do,” said Mike Chitwood, the chief of Daytona Beach police. “And that’s put this burglar out of business this morning.”

www.foxnews.com...

I love my home state of Florida, where both Castle Doctrine, and the "stand your ground clause" are the order of the day. It is the responsibility of the individual citizen to protect and defend themselves from the constant onslaught of depraved criminals.

You may seldom need a firearm, but when one is required... Little else will do...

I'm sure the .45 crowd will appreciate the effectiveness of a through the door fatal shot.

edit on 1/12/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i really wish Louisiana would pick up this castle doctirine thing. we haved the stand your ground clause but not the castle. we can shoot as you try to enter our home unannounced but if they are in the shed you cnat (legally) do anything about it. retarded! if they would ever accept that then maybe no trespassing would actually mean no trespassing again!

and as far as the .45 crowd loving it, it reminds me of when they asked a sheriff why he carried a .45 since it was such a big gun. his answer was "because they dont make a .46!" lol
edit on 12-1-2012 by sempul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone is willing to take the risk of robbing a house in Florida still.. In my state I would go to jail for shooting someone through a door.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sempul

and as far as the .45 crowd loving it, it reminds me of when they asked a sheriff why he carried a .45 since it was such a big gun. his answer was "because they dont make a .46!" lol

Ive heard that saying before. It doesnt really make much sense, considering that though they dont make a .46, they DO make a .50, and since the whole premise of the joke is "bigger is better"... yeah.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This should happen more often.
But it doesn't always turn out this way.

Most of the times the bad guys kill innocent people.
Sometimes I think everyone should have a gun and if the bad guys do come just kill em.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This should happen more often.

Maybe it does...

Moar...

I've always been of the opinion the MSM is loathe to report cases of lawful defense with a firearm... It just doesn't help the "cause."

edit on 1/12/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You don't shoot someone for being in your shed
You fill the shed with bear repellent(pepper spray) and shoot him when he attacks you trying to get out..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I see NOTHING wrong with this.
I live in a State where its a crime to do this.It wouldn't stop me though. I have my children,and my life to protect.

S&F

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

My only problem with this report is, from the sound of it, he didn't see his target? Not sure that's a particularly good idea...there could have been a horrible mistake made.

Now someone coming through your backdoor at six am isn't likely to be real friendly, that's true enough, but the whole shooting through your door thing is kinda iffy...

As for the Castle Doctrine? Yeah, baby!! It's up to you and I, ultimately, to keep ourselves safe from evildoers, and evil circumstance. No one else.

top topics

join