It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we a doomed race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
the possibilities for man could be endless if we all became as one and worked together,if china Russia and america and the rest of the world.worked together sharing and learning each others technology's,instead of remaining top secret and using it as a weapon against each other,we could be a lot more advanced now then we are.stuff that is modern now like the mobile phone and sat nav came out many years before it was on shelf's.but governments kept it secret as a tool.all this money we have spend attacking each other just in the past 10 years could have paid for a man made river to flow through Africa and other Droughted arias that would enable them to grow crop and survive.we should also be working together as a planet to draw up plans if a asteroid was ever to head for earth.it just makes me sad that we kill each other and have done since the start of mankind.supermarkets like wall mart and other shops throw out probably enough food each week into bins that would probably support Africa.the U.K NHS destroys billions of pounds of medication each year just because it is a few weeks past its expired date.why dont we give them to Africa it would save life's.we are just too greedy and will not give anything for free.supermarkets even put padlocks on bins to stop homeless getting free food.I am not Christian but i do try to abide by these 7 deadly sins.

Pride
Envy
Anger
Sloth
Greed
Gluttony
Lust

and i think if everyone on the planet did it would be a much better place.
edit on 12-1-2012 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I think we are doomed in the distant future unless we can get off this rock and into space. Even with all the disease, wars, etc...we are still breeding faster than death.

Eventually we will reach a zenith where, hopefully there will be a few survivors to start all over again.

And eventually, in the year 4525, there will be this new fangled thing called the InterWeb.

The cycle continues...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Mans problem is that as a species he has not yet figured out how to be civilized. He at times has come close to getting a good definition of the word, but he keeps losing even that. When he learns to define the word in the right way, and then learns to live by that idea, perhaps then he will be able to imagine living forever.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When Gandhi was asked what he thought about Western Civilization, he replied, "I think it would be a good idea."

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think we are doomed as long as we continue to ignore the reality that has been hidden from us for thousands of years. The information is available yet we shrug it off as craziness.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
your way is a great way to live, if it were possible with the people in charge.
although technolgy advances fastest when we are at war, so many inventions used just to have a step ahead of the enemy are used everywhere in everyday lives now. radio, radar, micrwaves, sharp knives etc.
and if we all shared today, how long could peace last? as soon as peace break these shared technologies become our killers.
the greatest of possible outcomes if it works, the worst thing to happen to humanity if it fails.
not sure if its worth the risk.
edit on 12/1/2012 by listerofsmeg because: spelling grammer etc

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

lol you could be right have you heard the story about the 500.000 year old spark plug.i am not sure if it is genuine, but there is even idols from ancient India that replicate a shape of an aeroplane and ancient story's about UFOS or aeroplanes. anyway here is the link if you Havant already seen it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think we can avoid the potential Doom if everyone on the planet just started taking responsibility for their actions. TV is good example here, instead of crying to the networks about airing material inapropriate for children, the parents should just not let the kids watch. Or in politics, when a leader starts making bad decisions, we as the people should have the power to dismiss them from office, instead of crying and complaing and letting it all happen.

Most of all, people need to learn how to be nice to eachother. Holding a door open for someone as you enter the supermarket can do a lot for the species as a whole. It shows you care which aids in the betterment of you, and it shows the person you held the door open for that people care, aiding in the betterment of them. Things like road-rage and yelling at the clerk in the video store for making a mistake don't help at all. Patience, understading and forgiveness are the key's to avoiding our destruction.

I fear however, that this won't change. Maybe thoses of us here on ATS would be willing to be better people, but thats just 14,000 humans out of 7 billion. It alsmost seems like it's in our nature to hate.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

.1 man could change the world we just need like an anti Hitler some one who influences the masses but for a good cause and brings peace not war.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

I've seen that and many other theories that are ...credible in my opinion.

I think we've been around a lot longer than many realize.

top topics

join