It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says NATO, Persian Gulf Nations Plan to Seek No-Fly Zone for Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

If the American people stood up against their government it would be equally if not more bloody. I'm in no way supporting Assad's barbaric tactics, but any world leader will do the same if a foreign sponsored arm revolt occurs. The West picks and chooses the dictators they want to oust. This is another example of scheduled intervention paid for by us the regular tax payers.

My concern is that IF this no fly zone is implemented, S will most likely HTF. Canada dropped bombs on Libya and I saw the aftermath, no one deserves that. You may see it differently but I see it as blood on my hands when I see innocent civilians ripped apart by bombs dropped on random targets.

In a perfect world the Arab League wouldn't be such a joke and they would have put a stop to this by now, regrettably that's not the case. They're just another puppet international organization that does what they're told.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

For countries that only 'accidentally' kill civilians they sure do an awfully good job at it. Truth is, much of the time they indiscriminately bomb civilian areas, which is no different than intentionally killing civilians. it is none of the Britain's business, and the atrocities committed in 'just' the past 10 years by the UK are far worse than anything Assad has done.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Gee ya think Russia?

Russia should read ATS, they would know that stuff way before...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I'm with ya baby! Isn't Assad doing a fine job killing off his own civilians? Why would he need our help in that effort?

Let Syria kill her own damned civilians - just like we should have let Libya kill off her own!

Agreed...

Let them sort out their own mess.
Syria arrests hundreds, shells Deraa into submission

Security forces arrested hundreds of pro-democracy sympathisers in cities across Syria after taking control of the city of Deraa, cradle of the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad's autocratic rule.

Looking for men under 40 years old, security forces broke into houses Sunday in the old quarter of Deraa, which a tank-backed force led by Assad's brother Maher shelled into submission the day before, witnesses told Reuters by telephone.

Prominent rights campaigners were also arrested in the eastern cities of Qamishli, Raqqa and in suburbs of Damascus, along with scores of ordinary Syrians active in mass protests demanding political freedoms and an end to corruption.

Syrians kept up the protests despite the arrests and violent repression that has resulted in the killing of at least 560 civilians by Assad's security forces, human rights groups say.

In the central city of Homs thousands marched chanting "downfall of the regime."

Ribal al-Assad, the chairman of the IMAN Foundation, cousin of Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, and son of Rifaat Assad, talks about the events in Syria.

edit on 12-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

I didn't agree with some wars but I agree with war with Syria. As members of the NATO and UN we (in my case the UK) have a duty to bring peace to regions. If that means accidentally killing a few civilians (hate it when civvies die) to bring peace to that country then so be it. Please please don't take what I said the wrong way. But if you see the "supporters", they look fake, just like in north Korea, "support us or die".

Syria is not a NATO member nation - why does NATO have a "duty" to bring peace to them?

Why does ANYONE have a duty to bring peace to internal Syrian affairs? That's like stating that Iran has a "duty" to bring their version of "peace" to the UK.

Are you going to hug them ad thank them if the bombs start flying there? maybe they can sort out that problem between England and Scotland for you? Won't that be nice?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

If the American people stood up against their government it would be equally if not more bloody. I'm in no way supporting Assad's barbaric tactics, but any world leader will do the same if a foreign sponsored arm revolt occurs. The West picks and chooses the dictators they want to oust. This is another example of scheduled intervention paid for by us the regular tax payers.

My concern is that IF this no fly zone is implemented, S will most likely HTF. Canada dropped bombs on Libya and I saw the aftermath, no one deserves that. You may see it differently but I see it as blood on my hands when I see innocent civilians ripped apart by bombs dropped on random targets.

In a perfect world the Arab League wouldn't be such a joke and they would have put a stop to this by now, regrettably that's not the case. They're just another puppet international organization that does what they're told.

I'm all for keeping my young ass at home drinking beer, and letting them shred each other to their heart's desire. I care nary a bit who their dictator of choice is as long as he keeps it internal. I could care less if they make furniture out of their own civilians, or use them for spare parts to build cyborgs. If it stays inside Syrian borders, it's none of my concern.

I'm not supporting Assad's tactics, either - I'm saying that I couldn't imagine caring less what they are, or what he does to his own people. That's up to them to sort out, not NATO, the UN, or any other external source, INCLUDING the Arab League..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Krono

I didn't agree with some wars but I agree with war with Syria. As members of the NATO and UN we (in my case the UK) have a duty to bring peace to regions. If that means accidentally killing a few civilians (hate it when civvies die) to bring peace to that country then so be it. Please please don't take what I said the wrong way. But if you see the "supporters", they look fake, just like in north Korea, "support us or die".

Syria is not a NATO member nation - why does NATO have a "duty" to bring peace to them?

Why does ANYONE have a duty to bring peace to internal Syrian affairs? That's like stating that Iran has a "duty" to bring their version of "peace" to the UK.

Are you going to hug them ad thank them if the bombs start flying there? maybe they can sort out that problem between England and Scotland for you? Won't that be nice?

pal, that is the attitude of the west-nato that needs correction. poking their noses into other people's affairs and more so when these affairs have been 'provoked and heated up' by west alone.

what will bring this attitude correction?

"""""""""1 MEGATON THERMONUCLEAR BLAST HALF MILE ABOVE LONDON""""""""""

This dose will keep them in line for 25 years or so.
edit on 12-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I'm serious about staying the hell out of it. Let them destroy themselves. Because we all know that no matter how it plays out the West will get blamed ANYWAY

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

pal, that is the attitude of the west-nato that needs correction. poking their noses into other people's affairs and more so when these affairs have been 'provoked and heated up' by west alone.

what will bring this attitude correction?

"""""""""1 MEGATON THERMONUCLEAR BLAST HALF MILE ABOVE LONDON""""""""""

This dose will keep them in line for 25 years or so.
edit on 12-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

NATO doesn't need to be "corrected", it needs to be dissolved. Don't look now, but there is no longer a Warsaw Pact for NATO to oppose. It has outlived it's usefulness.

I'm not sure what good a 1 MT nuke detonated 2600 feet or so above London would accomplish other than strengthening NATO and giving it a new enemy, and a new lease on life support. Give it a few months, though, and I'm sure Iran can accommodate you. Maybe by then they'll be in overt league with Syria, and we can have a "Baghdad Pact" to sic NATO on.

Bet you'll like that, pal!

As far as this being "provoked and heated up by the west alone", that's a load of crap. The guy who taught me Arabic was a Syrian, from Homs, and to quote him "the war don't stop in Syria. Last 2000 years, the same war, only different players."

Fighters gonna fight.

edit on 2012/1/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by hangedman13

I'm serious about staying the hell out of it. Let them destroy themselves. Because we all know that no matter how it plays out the West will get blamed ANYWAY

I'm with ya - conserve our own people and resources, and let them decimate theirs by themselves. As you say, either way we're going to take the blame however it shakes out, whether we get blamed for being active or for being inactive. I say save our own stuff up for something important, and let 'em throw blame as they like.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Another baseless claim perpetuated by your basic brainwashed soul courtesy of Fox news.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Another baseless claim perpetuated by your basic brainwashed soul courtesy of Fox news.

So you deny that Assad is killing his own people?

Eyes wide shut?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I never said anything about Assad, please refer to the post I was responding to.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I never said anything about Assad

We know.....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

NATO can kiss my beee-hind!

Why is it that the US is taking orders from NATO now?

Have we become europes bitch?

I feel for all the innocents that Assad is killing. But this is a civil war, we don't have any skin in the game.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

we don't have any skin in the game.

As of yet, whos to say that won't come?

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, I believe NATO never tells the U.S. what to do. There are some conditions that require NATO members to act, but Syrian events that have been unfolding do not appear to qualify as a requirement for NATO intervention. In my opinion, NATO is a tool used by the elite to enforce their agenda under the disguise of "for the good of the world". Please don't take this the wrong way but the U.S. and it's allies are drooling all over Syria and Iran right now like a pack of rabid dogs.

Do not be tricked and believe that NATO is telling Obama what to do.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The animal Assad is killing our fellow unarmed human brothers and sisters in Syria by the thousands. There can be no whitewashing of his insanity that goes against every breathe of free human beings.

Kill one and its murder. Kill millions and it becomes statistics. Had we humanity regressed into being only a bunch of bean counters now?

Regardless if the Syrians are different from us in many ways, they are our only fellow humans, seeking what we, in the west, are more fortunate without being shot to death, are aspiring for.

We, in the west, will stand in solidarity with the our fellow human brothers and sisters, come hell or highwater, as they too, will one day when we are quigmired in a similar situation, for we are all fellow human beings, capable of care and concern for others.

If the Mafia Russian leaders do not share such perceptions, then it will only be their own demise. With their only naval strength concentrated in the M. E., it means an open field for every state within the russian federation to break away. There will never be another opportunity like this. Even the capital state can consider a breakaway now, and seek for their own independence.

Russian soldiers are only humans, born from mothers. The deprivations of the Mafia russian state had hurt many russian families. Time for the soldiers, no matter what dept they belong, to know where their loyalties lay in - the state or the family. Without the family unit, there can be no state. No human is born out of a rock.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The animal Assad is killing our fellow unarmed human brothers and sisters in Syria by the thousands. There can be no whitewashing of his insanity that goes against every breathe of free human beings.

Kill one and its murder. Kill millions and it becomes statistics. Had we humanity regressed into being only a bunch of bean counters now?

Regardless if the Syrians are different from us in many ways, they are our only fellow humans, seeking what we, in the west, are more fortunate without being shot to death, are aspiring for.

We, in the west, will stand in solidarity with the our fellow human brothers and sisters, come hell or highwater, as they too, will one day when we are quigmired in a similar situation, for we are all fellow human beings, capable of care and concern for others.

If the Mafia Russian leaders do not share such perceptions, then it will only be their own demise. With their only naval strength concentrated in the M. E., it means an open field for every state within the russian federation to break away. There will never be another opportunity like this. Even the capital state can consider a breakaway now, and seek for their own independence.

Russian soldiers are only humans, born from mothers. The deprivations of the Mafia russian state had hurt many russian families. Time for the soldiers, no matter what dept they belong, to know where their loyalties lay in - the state or the family. Without the family unit, there can be no state. No human is born out of a rock.

Around 15,000 Mexicans have died in 2011 in the drug wars. Cry and Bitch some about that, they are closer to your borders, mothers and kids.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The animal Assad is killing our fellow unarmed human brothers and sisters in Syria by the thousands. T

Funny how western world is so quick to say it is Assad forces that did this or that. To anyone who understands arabic, it is pretty obvious the syrian civilians in the video are blaming armed terrorists (western mercenaries):

To those who don't, the people in the video are shouting that they're under attack by terrorists. Throughout the video you hear the word "erhab" which means terrorists.

At 5:47, the dying woman is saying, "I sacrifice for you syria, I sacrifice for you bashar al-assad" (fidak ya souria, fidak ya bashar al-assad).

Stop with your completely biased and one-sided reports. The Al-CIAeda filled "Free Syrian Army" is trained and armed by NATO, and their only goal is to terrorize syrians and increase the death toll to precipitate foreign internvention, and take control of the country just like Libya.

The bloodthirsty West has to be contained!

Russian soldiers are only humans, born from mothers. The deprivations of the Mafia russian state had hurt many russian families.

Russians keep voting for Putin's party because under tha mandate of this nationalist patriot and class stateman the income of Russian families has increased 7-fold.

If you can afford to travel - which I doubt given your mind is a 100% TV byproduct - you would see that russians are the "new rich" everywhere you go, taking over british, german and american tourist that now have no choice but stay home because they're poorer than before.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join