It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says NATO, Persian Gulf Nations Plan to Seek No-Fly Zone for Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Russia Says NATO, Persian Gulf Nations Plan to Seek No-Fly Zone for Syria

mobile.bloomberg.com...]mobile.bloomberg.com

Russia received information that members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and some Persian Gulf countries are preparing military intervention in Syria, the head of the Russian Security Council said.

Turkey, a NATO member, may play a key role, Nikolai Patrushev, who used to head the country’s intelligence agency, the Federal Security Service, told Interfax in comments confirmed by his office. The U.S. and Turkey are working on a possible no-fly zone to protect Syrian rebels, Patrushev s
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is turning into Libya 2.0 but will be much bloodier in my opinion, especially considering the S-300 missile defense system Russia has provided Syria with.

Russian war ships are currently in Syrian port and the West also has a large naval presence because of Iranian tensions. If turkey participates it certainly will cause more tension in the region.

The statements from the quoted official in the article indicate Russia plans on keeping Assad's regime in power. I just want this war mongering to go away, we don't need another massacre of civilians in the name of liberation just like we saw in Libya.

mobile.bloomberg.com...]mobile.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Russia should be more concerned over the 130 hospitals the United States is buildiing in Georgia.

The United States doesn't even have that many Veterans Hospitals in its own country.

Making Syria a no fly zone is just part of the battle plan to topple Russia. What's left of it. Agree to Israel running the world...or die. Ya shouldn't have helped Lincoln in the US Civil War Russia...you created this monster.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Honestly I don't know what to make of these "liberations" any more. From one country to the next. Okay i get the fact Assad is a tyrant and really doesn't deserve to runa country. BUT he does have supporters and some people do apporve of the way he runs Syria.

On the other hand, killing protestors and innocents ins't going to keep the West's eye off of them. If they really want to keep these things from getting worse he should just admit his wrong doings and cut his losses. His whole deal with this, imo, is he just wants to keep daddy's legacy alive in Syria.

Like CE stated this is turning into "Libya 2.0" soon this will escalade into a full fledge revolt of violent means. Hopefully Russia has the right idea here, because the West is going to do what they always do. Let NATO settle it

S&F CE.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Saw this about 3 months ago. Every other week there is a "no fly zone in Syria" thread or news article but nothing has happened. I wont believe it til i see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Honestly I don't know what to make of these "liberations" any more. From one country to the next. Okay i get the fact Assad is a tyrant and really doesn't deserve to runa country. BUT he does have supporters and some people do apporve of the way he runs Syria.

I know, right? Assad's support is larger than the US congress' support from it's people. When will we be liberated?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

If that's liberation, I don't want it.

I wouldn't wish liberation on my worse enemy.

You raise a good point though, Assad seems to have more support than Obama.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We all know it will start off as a no fly zone, then no ship zone, then no drive zone, then no assad zone. Then there will be advisors on the ground, then troops. It is all the plans of the elite:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They want to destroy the Muslim countries because that is the only opposition staying in way of the arrival of their so called messiah whom will be the antichrist.
edit on 12-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

I know, right? Assad's support is larger than the US congress' support from it's people. When will we be liberated?

Could you please back up this claim, its sounds pretty ridiculous.
Even if it was true, US congress does not bomb its opponents/unarmed citizens with artillery and planes..
I think NATO should be cautious with the Syria situation and the balance of power in that country, i think a no-fly zone is a good start and let the opposition in Syria eventually deal with the Ba'ath party, Syria should choose its own destiny, NATO/Turkey can help them in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hasn't anyone considered the possibility of Russia brokering a deal with NATO in all of this? Why not flex a bit of muscle, mention Veto-power, etc etc. In the end Russia could still end up with some energy rights and Navy access to the MED. This won't occur without concessions from either side of the war planning and Russia doesn't have to be the big loser in all of this.
edit on 12-1-2012 by deadrooster because: grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Do you honestly think you have any idea of what is really going on in Syria? If you are basing your geopolitical assumptions based on what CNN tells you, chances are extremely high that you are misinformed.

Most people don't know this, but Syria is a very beautiful country. I have dealt with Syrians in previous occupations, and they all say that we in the US have been programmed into believing they are a terrorist state. Syria has a bit of a checkered past, but so does the US. Don't believe everything you see/read/hear.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheReligiousHoax

Do you honestly think you have any idea of what is really going on in Syria? If you are basing your geopolitical assumptions based on what CNN tells you, chances are extremely high that you are misinformed.

Most people don't know this, but Syria is a very beautiful country. I have dealt with Syrians in previous occupations, and they all say that we in the US have been programmed into believing they are a terrorist state. Syria has a bit of a checkered past, but so does the US. Don't believe everything you see/read/hear.

I see Assad is doing the quiet same thing as his father, obliterate cities, literally sweeping them off the map and then deposit sand over it to cover these horrible crimes.. Ok Hafiz was a bit more cruel but Assad is on his way making him proud..I believe its a beautiful country with a rich history of culture , thats why he has got to go...
edit on 12-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
US-NATO or anyone else has no right to impose no-flu zone over any country without a resolution from the UN Security Council. This is serious violation of national sovereignty and other countries should take actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadrooster
Hasn't anyone considered the possibility of Russia brokering a deal with NATO in all of this? Why not flex a bit of muscle, mention Veto-power, etc etc.

First off, we the "West" should stay the hell out of the Syrian mess IMO. Secondly, Russia [And China for that matter] might just Abstain again like they did when NATO decided to deal with Qaddafi.

And finally, Obama has already said they wont participate in a no fly zone but we all know how politicians flip flop....

Syria Opposition Seeks No-Fly Zone

Syrian opposition groups are calling for the first time for an international intervention to protect civilians from the Assad regime's ongoing military onslaught, including the establishment of a United Nations-backed no-fly zone.

The rebels' formal calls drew a tepid response Wednesday from the Obama administration and European governments, who said there is currently little appetite to reprise the type of air campaign that helped dislodge long-serving Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi last month.

In the end Russia could still end up with some energy rights and Navy access to the MED.

Russia has HUGE Oil/Natural gas reserves. [They aren't hurting for fuels] and already has Naval Access to the Med from the Black Sea....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

this is the biggest load of BS I ever read...

Falluljeh? NATO airstrikes on serbian civilians?US attacks on Sudan medicine plants?Mass chemical weapon usage against Vietnamese civilians aka Agent Orange?Smallpox blankets to native indians? Ya...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

no one asked for what the imperialists think .You can only loot,destroy and plunder.Hopefully,someone puts a stop to your warmongering by laying you to waste.

As for Syria the claims are by Western sponsored islamist rebels and muslim brotherhood. Not exactly the 'credible'

edit on 12-1-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I just want this war mongering to go away, we don't need another massacre of civilians in the name of liberation just like we saw in Libya.

I'm with ya baby! Isn't Assad doing a fine job killing off his own civilians? Why would he need our help in that effort?

Let Syria kill her own damned civilians - just like we should have let Libya kill off her own!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They want to destroy the Muslim countries because that is the only opposition staying in way of the arrival of their so called messiah whom will be the antichrist.

That's laughable. Muslims standing in the way of the antichrist?

Mohammed IS the antichrist!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

On the other hand, killing protestors and innocents ins't going to keep the West's eye off of them. If they really want to keep these things from getting worse he should just admit his wrong doings and cut his losses. His whole deal with this, imo, is he just wants to keep daddy's legacy alive in Syria.

Like CE stated this is turning into "Libya 2.0" soon this will escalade into a full fledge revolt of violent means. Hopefully Russia has the right idea here, because the West is going to do what they always do. Let NATO settle it

S&F CE.

-SAP-

I didn't agree with some wars but I agree with war with Syria. As members of the NATO and UN we (in my case the UK) have a duty to bring peace to regions. If that means accidentally killing a few civilians (hate it when civvies die) to bring peace to that country then so be it. Please please don't take what I said the wrong way. But if you see the "supporters", they look fake, just like in north Korea, "support us or die".

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The ironic/moronic part of all this is the Arab league. Really irking them, what is going on in Syria. All this boils down to is infighting amongest the sects of Islam. Let it happen, let them peal the veil of the "religion of peace". Let them show the world their true colors as they massacre each other. It's better then the west getting involved and being made out to be the bad guys. That's the real reason the Arab league wants western intervention. To be able to scapegoat the west into being a imperialistic death bringer. We shouldn't take the bait, let the other oil nations of the ME show their true colors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join