It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 girls in New York suddenly come down with spasm, Federal Health Law prevents disclosure of diseas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

INCORRECT - there IS another online paper that is running this story.

thebatavian.com...-form

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Some observations:

There was a post (first page) and a news articlte online saying this was caused by the flu shot. Has this been ruled out?

Second thought: There is NO WAY that this isn't Gardasil. 12 girls---all in the same relative amount of time, develop a neurological illness and then are told to not talk about it at all. I have a hard time believing this could be anything else but Gardasil.

Of course the families know the cause (if there is one) but they're not saying. HIPPA laws don't prevent the patient from knowing folks! The patients have been told everything if there is anything to be told.

i really wish people would catch on to that part

anything the drs immediately involved know has been told to the patients, there is nothing being hidden as far as that goes, so people should really not focus so much on that part of this "conspiracy"

also while i am not ruling out gardasil, id be careful with what you are doing if i was you
while gardasil may be dangerous and what not, we do NOT know that this is gardasil in this case

by saying it HAS to be that, you narrow your sight and you may miss what the problem really is

i think its best in this case for everyone to keep their options open and eyes open and do the investigating that ats has the potential to do

if its DEFINITELY gardasil, lets get some evidence behind it rather then just shouting vaccines are bad at every unknown medical problem that pops up

for example, lets get a list of known and accepted or even just reported side effects and see if any match up to the case

rochester.ynn.com... thats just one example of kodak having some issues with their chemicals

heres another possibility

rochester.ynn.com...

this news article is one of the few i could find, initially there were many as it was taking place, it was a big deal when it 1st happened, but now it is treated like no big deal and like it never happened

perhaps something similiar happened in this case with the girls

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
i live right near where this is happening

it is being covered by the local news sparsely since everything started

you have any video news clips you could link?

if the incident is as public as you say, in and around Rochester, then kindly cite the town or the public record/local news so we too may filter this event through our thinking-caps..

.~thanks~

while i was typing...i see you were too...

hey THANKS !

from the latest news link

An investigation revealed the airborne irritant as chloropicrin and it traveled from a farm field just a few miles away. It’s a frequently used chemical on farms to kill fungus and bacteria on soil and crops.

sounds like i was correct in my earlier post... a nerve agent loosed on the local environment...(paraphrased)

and a reply given in the Blatavia newspaper article:

January 12, 2012 - 3:16pm
Doug Yeomans
DougYeomans's picture

Sounds like a classic case of mass hysteria to me. Just an opinion, not an educated diagnosis.

edit on 13-1-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by abovesecret
i live right near where this is happening

it is being covered by the local news sparsely since everything started

you have any video news clips you could link?

if the incident is as public as you say, in and around Rochester, then kindly cite the town or the public record/local news so we too may filter this event through our thinking-caps..

.~thanks~

our local news sites are... "weird" in how many older stories seem to disappear but ill show you the main 3 that have covered this story since the initial report and then after i post this i will look for direct links to the story for ya

www.whec.com...
rochester.ynn.com...
www.democratandchronicle.com...

all 3 have covered it since the 1st school meeting about it a few months ago now

basically to sum up what they are reporting is they are still testing, the privacy laws prevent them from saying what tests have been done, that type of thing

and they are saying there is no danger to the community, the community, at least the very direct community effected is very upset about the fact they do not yet know the cause and are angry that they feel the drs are treating symptoms rather then finding the cause

while i wont be shocked if some dastardly deed is behind it all, i must say, there are many people out there who are simply only having their symptoms treated without ever finding a cause

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
edit - deleted post because above poster gave more info. we were posting at the same time.

edit on 13-1-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
heres the 1st link, the latest update from news 10 nbc

www.whec.com...

ill grab the ynn and d and c ones and edit them in here in a sec asap

heres 2 from ynn

rochester.ynn.com...
rochester.ynn.com...

brb with the d and c

and heres the d and c (this one has a vid)

www.democratandchronicle.com...

edit on 13-1-2012 by abovesecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by abovesecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by lynn112

Thanks for the links lynn... a snippet from one of them:

One of the girls with the symptoms called us on the phone. She said she has not been diagnosed. She's still blacking out and she's been out of school for three months. She said her doctor told her "it's something neurological that they can't figure it out yet."

Three Months out of school behind this sudden onset? Poor girl. I don't believe any official mumblings about this, especially if a gag order has been issued. But I believe that girl. Serious issues there for them. Hope it gets defined so they can begin to reverse it if possible.

www.whec.com...

Blacking out sounds like narcolepsy which is a known reaction to Flu shots the Finnish government has even admitted this and vowed to compensate the victims.

sanevax.org...

At least Finland hasn't sold out, perhaps I should move there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Gridrebel

Yup, doctors and parents told to keep quiet is really suspicious. This is most likely vaccine related, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. I could be wrong but what else could cause the same illness in 12 girls who have no association?

It's probably Gardasil or the flu shot that did this.

When I saw that parents were not told the diagnosis due to health laws the first thought that came to mind was they would need to be high school to be old enough for parents not to be told. Seeing high school verified, I think we will eventually see Gardasil as the culprit. Oddly, the parents don't know the diagnosis due to health laws, but it appears that the girls are not telling them either. I don't see how they (the girls) could be diagnosed and treated without being told the diagnosis, so I would think the girls know something.
edit on 12-1-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Lame reason given.
I can't understand why the parents aren't being told?I mean these girls are under age.I was always informed when my children were that age...I don't get it...something is very wrong here

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by abovesecret

Point taken.

But the fact that this is all girls? All around the same age? Flu shots aren't discriminatory--it would have the same potential to effect the males. It would also have the same potential to effect people of any age group.

There aren't a lot of guesses on this one, are there?

What does an unknown cause have in common with youg adult females exclusively? You'd have to start thinking what girls of this age group have in common that excludes males.

Tampons? Doubtful. Toxic shock wouldn't occur at the same time.

Some sort of poison in make-up--bought at the same local store? Unlikely.

Now, Gardasil. That's a thought.

However, the local doc has ruled it out.

I bet they're just hoping this passes without a lot of fanfare----

But the people of Leroy (I'm originally from that area) shouldn't let this rest...until they have some answers.

I'd be a storm to contend with if this were my daughter.

What is keeping these parents so quiet?

I'd be on every television show and in every newspaper in the country.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

yea i totally see where you are coming from and i wouldnt be shocked at all if it was gard

or any other vaccine or shot

i just wanted people to keep their eyes open as to potential other issues

ive also seen issues with vaccines where everyone screamed vaccine too early, and it discredited the sick people and once it really wasnt vaccines, they lost all coverage and efforts into getting to the real cause

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

This is wild speculation on my behalf so please take it with a grain of salt. All indicators point to some kind of cover up. This leads me to ask, what on earth could motivate a cover up?

My first answer would be money.

Who has money?

Big pharma has money.

As you said the only connection from all of our brainstorming that makes sense is the HPV shot theory. This is the only possible connection that would link these girls and their sickness. I was partially thinking flu shot but as other members including yourself have mentioned, the flu shot targets both genders so this should probably ruled out.

Until we have confirmation of all these girls receiving the HPV vaccine this theory of ours is purely speculation but is the most appropriate theory thus far IMO.

Of course there is the possibility of some new illness or toxin causing this which is completely unrelated to vaccines but I can't ignore the available evidence and the direction it leads me towards.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wow...this is interesting. Not ready to declare this an epidemic as of yet however
. I'm sort of opposed to believing in the pandemic thing ever since they made such a big deal about the non-existent swine flu threat.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My first thoughts too , looks like the vaccines woked too well

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Most of you jumping on the "OMG Gardisil did it!!!" bandwagon need to step back and think for a second.
How do you KNOW it's Gardisil, exactly?

There are such things as STDs that only show symptoms in women and not men. Being these girls are around 17, you can be sure at least some of them, if not all, are sexually active. Especially with today's media telling young girls how they're supposed to be, act, and look.

There's also the possibility that these girls came in contact with something in one of the restrooms before it was cleaned up. Things like this have happened before.

These girls could have also used a bad batch of tampons or pads, likely from the same brand or from a dispenser in the restroom. This has also happened to someone I know personally, so it is likely.

ETA: There was a recent recall of Kotex Tampons due to a bacterial contamination that happened around the same time this outbreak happened. To me, this is the most plausable cause of these girls symptoms.

Just because you may be against vaccines er whatever, don't let that delude your thinking.
edit on 13/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

No, HIPAA is not being violated because it prevents the passing of personal information. As long as students names are not mentioned, it is not being violated.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyanidee
Wow...this is interesting. Not ready to declare this an epidemic as of yet however
. I'm sort of opposed to believing in the pandemic thing ever since they made such a big deal about the non-existent swine flu threat.

Ignorant statements such as these are what get people killed.

You are oppossed to a "pandemic thing" because of the non-existent swing flu threat. You know, a little reading could solve your ignorance problem.

First off,the "non-existent" swine flu, or H1N1 killed 17,0000 Americans. Most of them young healthy adults.

213 countries around the world were infected.

The reason the H1N1 was so scarey was because it resembled the Spanish flu that killed almost 100 million people worldwide around WWI.
And it moved fast.

What makes it a pandemic? Its a strain of disease that does not have a vaccine. So this was a flu outbreak that does not have a vaccine, on top of the seasonal flu outbreak that does.
Because of quick movements of having the vaccine made in months(as opposed from six months to a year), and pandemic programs that have been put into place, it was headed off.

Though people did not have to be confined to their houses, hospitals still hit top capacity and there was a burden on the health care system.

Here is a simple link to a wiki list of all the pandemics that the US has experienced, since H1N1 isn't the only one.

wiki on pandemic

So I am sorry there wasn't carnage and you didn't get to see people die a horrible death and your disappointed in the outcome, H1N1 was a pandemic.

H1N1

And since a pandemic can bring a society to its knees socially and economically, you should thank your lucky stars that preparedness programs and education kept it at bay.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Reading this thread, I immediately thought of the girls for whom the Salem Witch Trials were initiated.

I found this account of the behavior:

Sometime during February of the exceptionally cold winter of 1692, young Betty Parris became strangely ill. She dashed about, dove under furniture, contorted in pain, and complained of fever. The cause of her symptoms may have been some combination of stress, asthma, guilt, boredom, child abuse, epilepsy, and delusional psychosis.

The symptoms also could have been caused, as Linda Caporael argued in a 1976 article in Science magazine, by a disease called "convulsive ergotism" brought on by injesting rye--eaten as a cereal and as a common ingredient of bread--infected with ergot. (Ergot is caused by a fungus which invades developing kernels of rye grain, especially under warm and damp conditions such as existed at the time of the previous rye harvest in Salem.

Convulsive ergotism causes violent fits, a crawling sensation on the skin, vomiting, choking, and--most interestingly--hallucinations. The hallucinogenic drug '___' is a dervivative of ergot.) Many of the symptoms or convulsive ergotism seem to match those attributed to Betty Parris, but there is no way of knowing with any certainty if she in fact suffered from the disease--and the theory would not explain the afflictions suffered by others in Salem later in the year.

Source: law2.umkc.edu...

Now, obviously, I'm not saying it's witchcraft!
What I'm saying is that it could very well be something in their environment that is causing similar symptoms in all of the girls.

Otherwise, though, this is a very strange occurrence.
edit on 1/13/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This stinks to all hell. I know for a fact that the parents have ultimate control and can take them to what ever doctor they please (If they have the money). The parents can also print out a HIPPA form and have their kids sign the dumb thing and they can go to the press. I am wondering if this is in a low income area and also making it a not to intelligent area as well because I just cant fathom the parents letting these witch doctors do this to their kids. This must be a case of the parents wanting the school to admit responsibility for jabbing their kids and expecting money out of it.

All of them going to the same doctor is pretty dumb as well. They will never get results that way.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by cyanidee

Ignorant statements such as these are what get people killed.

You are oppossed to a "pandemic thing" because of the non-existent swing flu threat. You know, a little reading could solve your ignorance problem.

First off,the "non-existent" swine flu, or H1N1 killed 17,0000 Americans. Most of them young healthy adults.

213 countries around the world were infected.

wiki on pandemic

So I am sorry there wasn't carnage and you didn't get to see people die a horrible death and your disappointed in the outcome, H1N1 was a pandemic.

H1N1

That is absolute BS. The H1N1 had only killed four people in the U.S. before they declared a pandemic. Two of them were at a army base where the government keeps all the viruses. The whole scam was busted in a European lab where the vaccine for it was proved to have the real swine flu, bird flu and some other lethal virus in it. People would be fine if the government would stay out of our business.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
You know what? I'm not going to even bother.
edit on 13/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join