It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 girls in New York suddenly come down with spasm, Federal Health Law prevents disclosure of diseas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSimon
They know the cause ?
Then they probably are the instigators of this event
1+1=2

this, without a doubt,

Is wisdom from beyond Watson !

Today's email from Sherlock Holmes said this is possible.

and probable.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

I don't know about NY's law regarding this and legal guardian.

I do know that when we changed our sons doctor (13), the doctor needed his and only his consent to release his record. This I don't agree with at all specially when they force you to keep them on your health insurance until they are 26.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Actually one of the mothers came out and said it was "Conversion Disorder"

Which is basically the same thing as what I said earlier.

Conversion disorder is a neurosis marked by the appearance of physical symptoms such as partial loss of muscle function without physical cause but in the presence of psychological conflict. Symptoms include numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits without a neurological cause. It is thought that these problems arise in response to difficulties in the patient's life, and conversion is considered a psychiatric disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4th edition (DSM-IV).[1]

Formerly known as "hysteria", the disorder has arguably been known for millennia, though it came to greatest prominence at the end of the 19th century, when the neurologists Jean-Martin Charcot and Sigmund Freud and psychiatrist Pierre Janet focused their studies on the subject. The term "conversion" has its origins in Freud's doctrine that anxiety is "converted" into physical symptoms.[2] Though previously thought to have vanished from the west in the 20th century, some research has suggested it is as common as ever.[3]

Formerly known as "hysteria" !!

a new name for an old hound.....yep, it's LEGAL alright

I bet that vaccine has something inside it.....Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
HIPPA is 99% computer databased.

If you really think this is all "private", think again.

Don't be blinded by the Medical/Legal/Pharmaceutical cartels.

They steal credit card info don't they ?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Ahh, found something:

www.13wham.com...

Le Roy, N.Y.— Wednesday night, James Dupont attended a meeting at Le Roy Junior-Senior High School hoping to find some answers about what may be wrong with his daughter.

In the first week of December, his 17-year-old daughter suddenly developed tics, showing Tourette-like symptoms. But she isn’t the only one.

The York State Department of Health says since September, 12 girls suddenly developed tics. Some are so bad, they had to be pulled out of school and tutored at home.

“I worry about my daughter’s future,” says Dupont. “She's only 17. She can't even drive now… My daughter hasn't been able to go to school for a month because she's got this so bad.”

edit on 12-1-2012 by Gridrebel because:

There is a video from channel 13, it isn't on Youtube, I don't know how to get here.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on January 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

this report was from last november. is there any NEW news??? i can't seem to find any

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I can't find the date on the report you say is from November, I believe it's from late December which is when this first went public, I think.

Here is an article from yesterday/today:

Health officials give update on Tourette-like symptoms at LeRoy High School, parents still have questions

Tonight, health officials shared the latest details of their investigation into Tourette-like symptoms in young girls. But there's still no definitive answer about how they got sick.

A group of a dozen girls at LeRoy High School have been experience these symptoms, like ticks and seizures, since September.

James Dupont says his 17-year-old daughter was affected back in December.

"They're giving her shots in the neck. They're giving her muscle relaxers," he says, "but as I say that does help. But they're treating the symptoms. They're not treating the cause."

Dupont and scores of other parents attended the meeting to hear the diagnosis. But Dr. Gregory Young, the associate commissioner for the state health department, says federal laws prohibit him from doing so.

"Based on what they've been diagnosed with we're not sharing anything because we can't due to HIPPA and confidentiality reasons, but they're all being treated and they are improving," he said at the meeting.

But Dupont says that is not the case. He says the girls all go to the same neurologist, and there's still no answer.

Young says this case has been studied by experts for three months and they've ruled out most causes.

Sorry if this link has been previously posted since I didn't see it yet.

I was reading an article earlier today on this story and there were a lot of disturbing comments in the comment section. I will post that article if I find it.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: T

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

thanks! i didn't see that new one from today. the other one i might have misread the date but i thought it said 11/11. i wanted to share any new info with my friends

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Tourette Syndrome can be drug induced !

And that's only a small reference.

It could be a bigger factor that they tell us.

Other possibilities include chromosomal disorders such as Down syndrome, Klinefelter's syndrome, XYY syndrome and fragile X syndrome. Acquired causes of tics include drug-induced tics, head trauma, encephalitis, stroke, and carbon monoxide poisoning.[9][30] The symptoms of Lesch-Nyhan syndrome may also be confused with Tourette syndrome.[24] Most of these conditions are rarer than tic disorders, and a thorough history and examination may be enough to rule them out, without medical or screening tests.[22]

Tourette syndrome

And maybe this:

Coprolalia is involuntary swearing or the involuntary utterance of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks. Coprolalia comes from the Greek κόπρος (kopros) meaning "feces" and λαλιά (lalia) from lalein, "to talk".[1] The term is often used as a clinomorphism, with 'compulsive profanity' inaccurately referred to as being Tourette syndrome.

Related terms are copropraxia, performing obscene or forbidden gestures,[2] and coprographia, making obscene writings or drawings.[3]

Only about 10% of Tourette's patients exhibit coprolalia

Coprolalia

How do Doctors decipher language differences in the swear words ? like English or Hebrew ?

eye

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

It could be from November as you mentioned. I just did another search for a different article and found some from early November regarding this story. The most recent link I posted says this has been known about for several months.

I hope everyone spreads this information, even if it's inconclusive. Something needs to wake people up, this may be a contributing factor to that awakening.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The girls started showing symptoms in September and the number kept growing. I think now it is getting out of hand and more public attention. If it is something they can "treat" maybe they need to do something to stop it in the first place. It doesn't state that any of the girls have returned to school or if they are back to normal. There are too many unanswered questions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
this has to be one of the most messed up things i've learned from reading this site. uggg.... i feel so bad for those girls!!! i really think it's the gardasil vax. this is awful.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
my guess is meth amphetamine. Or coc aine

2nd line, no pun intended.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

Are you saying they all got their hands on a bad batch of stuff and still have the symptoms months later even though they tested negative for drugs?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

while that COULD be possible i highly doubt it because they've all been tested AND they didn't hang in the same circles. that's not something teens know how to hide real well in a small community. the word would have been out and the health dept would have been happy to say they were all druggies.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
no I'm saying they are all hooked and patient confidentiality says they are not.
Have you ever seen an meth head?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Are you saying they all got their hands on a bad batch of stuff and still have the symptoms months later even though they tested negative for drugs?

Possibly, coke is known to cause tics in some cases. However, according to the article they tested negative for drugs.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Possibly, coke is known to cause tics in some cases. However, according to the article they tested negative for drugs.

Tests will be negative that's why they are having withdrawals. It might be a new drug or tainted alcohol, who knows?
That or the vaccine or radiation from Fukushima which accumulates in the brain or the fungicide in the orange juice or dodgy sanitary towels or dodgy contraception pills or just completely coincidental.
I will guess right eventually.......

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The mention of types of drugs above wasn't meant to exclude from the meaning, as it does, that designer drugs weren't investigated as a cause. They were and ruled out as a cause. PANDAS has been ruled out as a cause. HPV vaccine has also been ruled out as a cause, according to Dr. Young. ODD or ADHD can make a child more susceptible to tics, but that isn't a cause. One thing Young intimated is that there is no one cause for all the girls.

Source: The Batavian

"No one single cause for all of the girls"

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by allintoaccount

This has been my guess as well. Or some other street drug they got their hands on. Perhaps a student fancied him or herself a chemist and created their own cocktail. We may never know the truth

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by allintoaccount

This has been my guess as well. Or some other street drug they got their hands on. Perhaps a student fancied him or herself a chemist and created their own cocktail. We may never know the truth

If drugs where the cause then males would have been affected as well. The cause has to be found in something tahat only applies to girls, and the HPV vaccine - which has documented identical symptoms - comes naturally to mind

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join