It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of 'cross-border' assassination response

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Wrong.
China is fleeing the sinking ship.
And Russia is alarmed that they kept the enrichment in that secret facility hidden from them.
Read some of the threads on ATS about it.
I'm at work or i'd post some links.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here-this doesnt go back to the JPOST its from the AP. And the point i was making regardless is that it is not an OFFICIAL response from IRAN.

www.washingtonpost.com... rsP_story.html?tid=pm_pop

"TEHRAN, Iran — A hard-line Iranian newspaper called Thursday for retaliation against Israel, a day after the mysterious killing of a nuclear scientist in Tehran with a magnetic bomb attached to his car."

No different than if someone from the WSJ was quoted as saying the US wanted to bomb Zimbabwe. Its not offical.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I know this is why I was saying it could be Israeli propaganda for a possible false flag set up. If "something" happens to an important person in Israel sometime soon, the blame will automatically be focused on Iran because they "said" something would happen.
edit on 12-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Please consider the Brookings Institute's 2009 study, "Which Path To Persia", which lays out all the possible ways of dealing with Iran, from diplomacy to all out invasion. Here is a quote from their chapter "Going All The Way: Invasion", concerning a possible false flag (although they don't term it as such), or even, no reason other than just going over there and invading with no provocation:

The Question of a Provocation As noted above, in the section on the time frame for an invasion, whether the United States decides to invade Iran with or without a provocation is a critical consideration. With provocation, the international diplomatic and domestic political requirements of an invasion would be mitigated, and the more outrageous the Iranian provocation (and the less that the United States is seen to be goading Iran), the more these challenges would be diminished. In the absence of a sufficiently horrific provocation, meeting these requirements would be daunting. For purposes of this analytic exercise, we assume that a U.S. invasion of Iran is not triggered by an overt, incontrovertible, and unforgivable act of aggression—something on the order of an Iranian-backed 9/11, in which the planes bore Iranian markings and Tehran boasted about its sponsorship. First, this seems exceptionally unlikely given Iran’s history of avoiding such acts, at least since the end of the Iran-Iraq War. Second, were that ever to happen, the circumstances of an invasion would become almost easy—the United States would suddenly have enormous domestic and (perhaps grudging) international support for undertaking an invasion. Indeed, the entire question of “options” would become irrelevant at that point: what American president could refrain from an invasion after the Iranians had just killed several thousand American civilians in an attack in the United States itself? Beyond such a blatant act of inexcusable aggression, the question of provocation gets murky. Most European, Asian, and Middle Eastern publics are dead set against any American military action against Iran derived from the current differences between Iran and the international community— let alone Iran and the United States. Other than a Tehran-sponsored 9/11, it is hard to imagine what would change their minds. For many democracies and some fragile autocracies to which Washington would be looking for support, this public antipathy is likely to prove decisive.

Given all this, there does not seem to be much utility in examining an American invasion of Iran in the context of an overt Iranian attack that produced mass American civilian casualties. It does not seem to be a scenario that the United States is likely to face, nor is it an “option” for American foreign policy because the outcry from the American people for an overwhelming military response would drown out all other possible approaches. The more challenging scenario for the United States, and one that is still a potential policy option, is to mount an invasion of Iran without an outrageous provocation, simply to eliminate Iran as a source of problems in the Middle East. In this situation, Washington would be effectively deciding to “go it alone” because it will be too difficult to create the circumstances that would result in any meaningful aid from other countries. It is this scenario that is most relevant to this study, and therefore the scenario that will be treated below.[/code

www.brookings.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is ATS. We leave no stone unturned, so as not to be misled again.

The regime of Iran is no USA.

In USA, americans can freely move about, even with DHS. There is no way DHS can monitor every one of 300 million americans, illegals and tourists 24/7, nor does it intends to.

But in Iran, its security services borders upon paranoia, monitors closely the population, and foreigners are espacially watched. Thus it would be difficult even for locals, let alone foreign nationals, to conduct such attempts with planning, timmings, etc - the entire plethora of an assasination mission. Real life is no movie.

The motive for the attempt is clear - over the nuke issue.

1. Could it be due to locals whom want the nuke programme stopped, after watching the effects of fukishima japan? After all, Iran does have earthquakes. Or perhaps some are concern about living under the suspected nuke weaponisation programme - live by the gun, then be prepared to die by gun?

2. Or perhaps orders by the turban headgeared persian infidel supreme leader masquerading as a muslim, for the death of a few scientists with conscience over the nuke issue?

The authorities had claimed those dead scientists were of no particular importance and would not hinder the nuke programme. They are expendable then, and an asset if dead by pushing the blame to western agencies responsible for it so that once again, he can fool his citizens into nationalist sentiments and fool muslims around the world to hate the west, brother killing brothers again.

After all, that perfidious persian infidel leader had no qualms about funding and supporting death to innocents before, atrocious acts that goes against the very grains of Islam of both Shias and Sunnis.

Copious tears and outrageous words are easily spoken. Judge not a book by its cover, but by its contents - actions done over the years, so as not to be fooled again....

"The Iranian Resistance revealed last year that (Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyed) Ali Khamenei ordered a special unit of the Revolutionary Guards that as soon as a sign is detected that one of the managers of experts of the nuclear program is distancing from the regime or has intention of leaving the country, he should be eliminated and the blame should be put on the (MEK)," said Shahin Gobadi, a spokesman for the National Council of Resistance of Iran, the political coalition that includes MEK.

Some have speculated that the Iranian regime itself could have been involved in at least one of the killings, the one in January 2010.

That attack came shortly after major riots against the regime, and many people thought the regime was behind that killing, Parsi said.

Mohammadi "did not seem to be a particularly valuable nuclear target," he said. Some reports suggested Mohammadi was an outspoken supporter of the "green movement," and had helped organize protests, Parsi said.

Source
edit on 12-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Damn...

If its true, iranians proved again they are stupid.If its just a setup for a false flag, Isarel is waaaaaay to good at disinformation games.

Either way, Iran simply LOST the PR war.

Firstly, they warned US not to send the Stennis back.Secondly, they told that US warships have no means to be in the Gulf.Those both statements were from high ranked iranian generals and were on ALL MSM (CNN, Fox, BBC, etc, you name it).
Thirdly, they stated they they can easily block the strait, which was another stupid mistake.

Now, everything that comes out from Iran ''sources'' will be believable, confirmed or not, just to see the light on MSM.

I feel its coming...

Could potentially be a really good strategy: if the West *thinks* it knows what Iran will or will not do, and based its actions on those assumptions, and if Iran is talking but not acting as a means of posturing, this could potentially be a set up for the "Aww, Iran won't do anything," arrogant assumption that then bites the West in the backside.

Not sure this is their intention, but could be smart and useful if it is, and if played right.

Reference

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Daily Mail

BBC

NY Daily News

I would call this confirmed.

None of those sources name the official or website this announcement came from unless I missed it. Please point out where those sources name the website and official involved in this announcement.

Until those things are verified, this is unconfirmed.

BTW, I'm not trying to be difficult it's just I'm too used to the MSM using this propaganda tactic so I'm not easily convinced. If I were Iran, I would have made this announcement a long time ago.

Peace.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Oh, my mistake.

I thought you were trying to deny the assassination of the nuclear chemist and the validity of the entire news story. I have not been able to find any mention of threats by Iran in any of the sources I listed, so I suspect that you are right that the allegations that Iranian officials made threats of cross-border retaliation are false.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Rest in peace, Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan. Yet another victim of Zionist terrorism.

Yes ... sucha good guy .... rest in peace. The guy was working on making nuclear bombs for the wing nut Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Ahmadinejad - who who wants to destroy America and who wants to usher in a global world war so that the imaginary 12th Imam can come floating down (with Jesus as his side kick) to make the entire world Islamic.

Wonder what kind of afterlife Roshan has ...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Rest in peace, Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan. Yet another victim of Zionist terrorism.

Yes ... sucha good guy .... rest in peace. The guy was working on making nuclear bombs for the wing nut Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Ahmadinejad - who who wants to destroy America and who wants to usher in a global world war so that the imaginary 12th Imam can come floating down (with Jesus as his side kick) to make the entire world Islamic.

Neither you nor I know what Roshan was like in life. Nor do either of us know whether or not Iran intends to use its enriched uranium to produce bombs or power and medicine.

What I do know is that Roshan was a human being with a family that loved him, and that he was killed for reasons much bigger than him. In my mind he is a victim and like all human beings, deserves respect and compassion.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anyone with half a brain can see that the Iranians staged this for domestic consumption.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
If its true, iranians proved again they are stupid.If its just a setup for a false flag, Isarel is waaaaaay to good at disinformation games.

What makes you think that it's Israel and not IRAN ITSELF that off'd the guy?
Iran kills off people all the time when ever it suits them.

The guy was used up and done with his work so ... bam ... use him as a spark for the big 3rd world war that Iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad has said he wants.

Just a few of many, many, many examples

1988 executions of Iranian Political Prisoners
Interview with Iranian Poltiical Prisoner
Iran executes 5 poltiical prisoners - Amnesty International

Amnesty International on Tuesday condemned the executions in Iran of four Kurdish political activists and another Iranian man, all convicted of "moharebeh" (enmity against God).

The four Kurds – Farzad Kamangar, Ali Heydarian, Farhad Vakili, Shirin Alam-Holi - along with Mehdi Eslamian, were hanged on Sunday, 9 May at Evin prison in Tehran. The five were accused of "enmity against God" for carrying out "terrorist acts" and convicted of this vaguely worded charge which can carry the death penalty and is usually applied to those who take up arms against the state.

"We condemn these executions which were carried out without any prior warning. Despite the serious accusations against them, the five were denied fair trials. Three of the defendants were tortured and two forced to 'confess' under duress," said Malcolm Smart, Amnesty International's Director for the Middle East and North Africa.

"They were then executed in violation of Iranian law, which requires the authorities to notify prisoners' lawyers.in advance before carrying out executions."

'Enmity against God" .... :shk: Gawd, set the calendar back a thousand years!

People disapear and are killed off in Iran all the time. The Iranian gov't could easily have set this up to use as an excuse for war, for 'cross border' assassinations', for more propaganda, for __________ fill in the blank with just about anything since Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is insane.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Neither you nor I know what Roshan was like in life.

I know he was making nuclear weapons materials for a crazy man who has called for the end to my country and has said he wants to have World War III so he can usher in an imaginary 12th Imam myth. That's all I need to know.

Nor do either of us know whether or not Iran intends to use its enriched uranium to produce bombs or power and medicine.

Oh please ... OF COURSE they are making 'the bomb'. I mean .. comeon ... DUH!

What I do know is that Roshan was a human being with a family that loved him,

So did Goering. Heck, Hitler had a mother who loved him. So what?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yes ... sucha good guy .... rest in peace. The guy was working on making nuclear bombs for the wing nut Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Proof please! That's a pretty bold statement of "fact" seeing as even our own governments, the ones making all the allegations, have not been able to present on shred of evidence of a nuclear weapons programme.

Ahmadinejad - who who wants to destroy America and who wants to usher in a global world war so that the imaginary 12th Imam can come floating down (with Jesus as his side kick) to make the entire world Islamic.

Not that laughable old chestnut again? Seriously, how is that any different from any of the crazy Christian fundies and end-times junkies in the west? They are actively pushing for all out destruction thinking it's the biblical prophecy being fulfilled, so they can go sit in the big house with their chosen deity.

If you are indeed endorsing outright murder, then so too would be the murder of every US scientist working on biological, chemical or nuclear weapons programmes or any other product harmful to human health. After all, at least those ones can be actually seen to be working on proven weapons programmes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
20% enrichment uranium grade, which the Iranian leadership publically announced and admitted to perfecting, would not make a perfect nuke, but is good enough to make a few dirty bombs. And remember, combined with chemical weapons, it's a lethal combination in unstable hands of leader whom had not hesitated to call, funded and supported the murder of innocents, not just combatants,over the years.

If it is nuke energy Iran wants, why not use the safer thorium instead? But no, that perfidious leader prefers uranium. Typical I suppose, for someone who wants to exterminate mankind while the rest of the world is trying to limit the proliferation of nukes.
edit on 12-1-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Proof please!

Use your head. They aren't making nuclear weapons materials just for the heck of it.

Not that laughable old chestnut again?

*sigh* I feel bad for Iranian apologists .... I really do.

CBN - Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam's Reappearance

President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect

www.youtube.com...

Telegraph UK - "Divine Mission" Driving Irans New Leader

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

If it is nuke energy Iran wants, why not use the safer thorium instead?

Yeah, I mean, surely they could have copied one of the Thorium reactor designs that are built all over the west. Oh wait.... there aren't any!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Use your head. They aren't making nuclear weapons materials just for the heck of it.

What nuclear weapons materials? You, nor anyone else for that matter, has been able to show one bit of this material. Put up or shut up is the term that springs to mind. Innuendo, allegations and what you might think are NOT proof of any wrongdoing.

As for the rest of the 12th Imam stuff, I say again, how is that any different than any of the western fundies pushing their end-times BS all the time and calling for war to maybe bring it about? Same thing surely?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I know he was making nuclear weapons materials for a crazy man who has called for the end to my country and has said he wants to have World War III so he can usher in an imaginary 12th Imam myth. That's all I need to know.

I'd like to see a quoted source, or maybe even a video, to validate your claims.

(edit) I see you've already done just that. However the point on his desire to trigger "a series of cataclysmic events" is mere speculation.

“He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

It sounds like his vision for a modern Iran includes nuclear power and the production of medical isotopes for cancer treatments, both of which can be achieved with the enriched uranium they are producing. Is it so evil to want to strengthen your own nation?

Nor do either of us know whether or not Iran intends to use its enriched uranium to produce bombs or power and medicine.

Oh please ... OF COURSE they are making 'the bomb'. I mean .. comeon ... DUH!

Is that all you've got? Have you even considered the fact that Iran faces total destruction in the event of nuclear war?

Even if Iran is making "the bomb" I can't imagine it ever being used for more than a deterrent against, oh I dunno, constant terrorist attacks carried out by the west, or perhaps the threat presented by the US military bases in nearly every surrounding country.

What I do know is that Roshan was a human being with a family that loved him,

So did Goering. Heck, Hitler had a mother who loved him. So what?

You're comparing a man whose only crimes were being in the wrong career on the wrong side, perhaps even for the right reasons, to men who were directly responsible for countless deaths and have already answered for their crimes.
edit on 12/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have been reading much about the current situation with Iran, Israel, and the U.S.. I am a Texan and I love my country, plus I am a "Jesus lover". That would mean I feel that we have to back Israel, but I certainly hope if a war starts brewing the U.S. government refrains from lying to its citizens as it did with the war in Iraq!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join