It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mullumbimby, helping to save world (Rossi E-Cat)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Mullumbimby, helping to save world (Rossi E-Cat)

www.smh.com.au

ALL going well, the world's energy crisis may be solved in the auditorium of the Mullumbimby Ex-Services Club tonight.

A community group will gather to discuss the work of an Italian inventor who claims to have developed a machine that can produce large amounts of energy from almost nothing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

The Byron New Energy Charitable Trust, founded by a local retiree, Sol Millin, is hoping to convince prospective investors of the technology's merit. The mastermind behind the invention, physicist Andrea Rossi, will appear via Skype.

The entrepreneur Dick Smith has sent a consulting aerospace engineer, Ian Bryce, who has a science background, to assess the machine on his behalf.

If Mr Bryce, who as a member of the Australian Skeptics has experience testing the scientific veracity of all sorts of weird and wacky things, gives the technology the thumbs-up, Dick Smith will give the group $200,000.

Read More HERE

NOTE: Mullumbimby is in northern NSW, Australia.

Many have been sceptical of this device, but some well-known Aussies have decided they will give it a fair hearing, including famous inventor and entrepreneur Dick Smith and some people from Australian Skeptics. While I too have looked at this new invention with a sceptical view, I have to admit that the prospect of having invented Cold Fusion is too much to pass up at least giving it the benefit of the doubt!

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Apparently what he has invented is full cold fusion it works off a much weaker nuclear reaction to normal fusion (like how the sun works) this makes it much safer, but I have only known it to run in self sustain mode for 3 hours, I wonder if it can run for more?

This is a very exciting concept, I heard he is going to start selling them at the end of the year he said I cant wait free electricity wooooo!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Oh my, space travel ..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

ALL going well, the world's energy crisis may be solved in the auditorium of the Mullumbimby Ex-Services Club tonight.

The entrepreneur Dick Smith has sent a consulting aerospace engineer, Ian Bryce, who has a science background, to assess the machine on his behalf.
Sent him where?

To the auditorium? The article isn't clear about where he was sent. But he'd need to assess the machine in person, not from an auditorium.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

If Mr Bryce, who as a member of the Australian Skeptics has experience testing the scientific veracity of all sorts of weird and wacky things, gives the technology the thumbs-up, Dick Smith will give the group $200,000. ...

Mr Bryce is sceptical too, but says the machine has the support of six physicists, including two Swedish professors.
''I'll need to see some more evidence before committing the money,'' he said.

Glad to hear some news on the Rossi device and glad that someone is testing it...who are these "Australian Skeptics" anyway and are they credible? wikipedia entry on Australian Skeptics

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The mastermind behind the invention, physicist Andrea Rossi, will appear via Skype.

Rossi isn't a physicist. Technically he is a philosopher, as he earned his degree in philosophy of science and engineering. He is a self proclaimed engineer, and engineer by trade, but his accompanying degrees in that field were from a diploma mill.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Don't need to be a physicist in order to invent free energy.
'degrees' are just a fancy piece of paper to get a job, and to prove you know a topic.

People don't put enough credit into philosophy me thinks,
I hope this goes through! We could all use free energy.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
'degrees' are just a fancy piece of paper to get a job, and to prove you know a topic.

Yes, but do you need a fake degree to prove you know a topic?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Without knowledge of the hard science you can only succeed at pulling the wool over people's eyes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by AzureSky

Without knowledge of the hard science you can only succeed at pulling the wool over people's eyes.

Without knowledge of the hard science you may not be able to explain the effect, but you can certainly discover the effect. Now NASA is claiming to be working on it [NASA is] and they do have knowedge of the hard science needed to explain the effect. technologygateway.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Right, because all the electricity we get now, we have philosophers to thank for it, right?

No, I think it's mostly engineers that we have to thank for electricity, not philosophers.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
for all the doubters he set up a press conference with some people from the press there to proove his work

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

It is very unlikely for anyone to stumble upon some new discovery unless aided by the latest technology and equipment and with the education to know what direction to look. When Edison discovered all the stuff he did a hundred years ago that was a different world.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I found this if anyone is intrested to listen to a podcast discussion on the subject . I found it to be informative and hopefull..peace
Aired on January 8th, 2012
Guest: Dr. Edmund Storms
Guest: Dr. Edmund Storms. Topics: Cold Fusion or Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) today. You are invited to comment, ask questions, and discuss the Space Show program/guest(s) on the Space Show blog, thespaceshow.wordpress.com.... Comments, questions, and any discussion must be relevant and applicable to Space Show programming. Transcripts of Space Show programs are not permitted without prior written consent from The Space Show (even if for personal use) & are a violation of the Space Show copyright. We welcomed Dr. Edmund Storms to the program for a nearly two comprehensive discussion on LENR or as it is more commonly referred to, cold fusion. Dr. Storms started us out with the history of cold fusion dating back to Pons and Fleischman on through to today. He also explained why there is now a renewed interest in the field. Jumping forward to today, Dr. Storms talked about Andrea Rossi and his E-Cat cold fusion device and demonstration, plus his special reactor units. For more information, check out these sites: www.lenr.org, and the YouTube sites listed here: www.lenr-canr.org/news.htm. While Dr. Storms provided us with the basics, it was his response to listener questions and phone calls that allowed us to dig deeper into the potential of LENR. Our program was devoted to exploring, understanding, and evaluating where the LENR field is today and what risks and challenges lie ahead before the observed phenomena is understood and can be commercialized. Dr. Storm talked about being able to replicate science but often in the early days when the research is not well understood, replication might be challenging. He also talked about the difference with scientific observation of experiments and scientific replication. Several of the listeners and callers went into detail with Dr. Storms. For example, John's call from Atlanta inquired about quantum tunneling. Charles R. called in a few times with very technical questions, including asking about the Widom-Larsen Theory Portal (newenergytimes.com...). In the second segment, our friend Charles Pooley called in as a skeptic to debate cold fusion as being real, dismissing the observations and research across the board. I know you will find this short "debate" interesting. Throughout the show, listeners wanted to know about the potential application and use of a Rossi device in the U.S., both in our homes or as part of the power supplied by utility companies. We also talked about the broader uses for cold fusion in the less regulated third world. In the second segment, our guest was asked about Andrea Rossi and his track record, plus his effort to commercialize, patent, and sell Rossi devices. Later we talked about funding opportunities for LENR research, the lack of available funding from traditional sources such as NSF, and the paradigm shift required from traditionalists to realize that cold fusion may involve different processes from the well understood nuclear reaction process. In fact, you will hear several listeners resist seeing this in a vastly different light and we talked about this during our program. As you will hear, much research is needed to understand cold fusion and to validate its potential, especially its commercial potential. At this time, there is good research being done by credible scientists. When asked what we should look for, Dr. Storm directed us to follow the reviewed literature and news accounts on www.lenrr.org and the links provided on that site. This brief summary only touches upon what we discussed today. Post your comments and questions on The Space Show blog URL above. You can also follow the contact instructions on www.lenr.org. www.thespaceshow.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

It is very unlikely for anyone to stumble upon some new discovery unless aided by the latest technology and equipment and with the education to know what direction to look. When Edison discovered all the stuff he did a hundred years ago that was a different world.

It may be unlikely but it certainly happens. In this case, Rossi didn't "stumble upon some new discovery [sic]" Don't forget that Andrea Rossi invented a thermoelectric material and was well versed in the technology before he pieced together previous LENR work and added his own knowledge to come up with the ECat. This is how things work in the R&D world. The present device is the result of years of experiment and continuous modification and is still being developed.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
From an Aussie viewpoint, this is great news. The investor/donator in the article, Dick Smith, is actually one of the good guys. He's made his money through a chain of electronics stores in Australia "Dick Smith Electronics". He's no clown, so if he is convinced by Rossi in their upcoming skype chat, then we could be looking at some very positive outcomes in the near future.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I know - they are invented left and right, alone here on ATS i am sure you can get ideas for 300 such devices.
Just..where are they? Should i be sarcastic now?

"Free Energy" would without a doubt be THE invention of the cent...uhm..MILLENNIUM actually, but all we have is this odd italian guy who still to this day failed to demonstrate only ONE SINGLE device to the world. The odd italian guy who made the invention of the MILLENNIUM which could solve all/most problems on this planet - and there is no proof and nothing. Or Rossi is terrible, terrible at PR..or he is an outright scammer.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What's the [sic] doing after discovery? You're merely talking semantics. Does it expect to get more energy out than is put in? And did this guy ever disconnect the generator from the setup while it was operating?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

but all we have is this odd italian guy who still to this day failed to demonstrate only ONE SINGLE device to the world.

I can think of another odd Italian guy who didn't demonstrate many of his inventions to the world...
His name was Leonardo Da Vinci
just sayin'

edit on 12-1-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join