It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what god is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
would anyone even know it if they seen god? Does god look the same to everyone? How many gods are there? is god light? can god exist in darkenss? what does god want me to do? why should should i believe anything if satan deceives the whole world and if satan does deceive the world , do you think you are included with the whole world? or do you think you are too smart tto be?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
perhaps the devil pretending he doesn't exist.

or a spaghetti monster.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
....smart tto be me, without them help...
S@F my friend

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
stop thinking like a christian!
go outside and look at all the beauty of nature,the trees,the birds,the bugs!
the laughter of children,the sound of a stream.close your eyes and feel the sun on your face.
when a smile comes to your face from all of this,then you will just start to know god!!!!
the eternal of the whole of everything.
not some old white dude in the clouds just waiting for you to sin,so 'he' can send you to hell!!!
poppycock!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Your thinking that god is being from a religious view. I don't want to go into it to much because once you know, it makes sense and you got research. What if god is everything? What if our universe was god, we are part of the universe so we must be god, the animal, tree, grass, etc.. all part of the universe so all god, the universe is after all where we came from. There are so many possibilites. We are no where close to know what this "reality" really is and what were experiencing. But there is obviously something bigger out there then this and what we "think we know", maybe when you die you know what it is?

This great video by Joe Rogan on what is reality

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't believe in The Bible 100% but I DO believe that SOME of it was inspired by God. These are my beliefs straight from the bible:

Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7)

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)

God is love. (1 John 4:8)

Love keeps no record of wrongs. (1 Cor. 13:5)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law [Bible/Torah]. (Rom. 13:10)

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - (1 Cor. 13:13)

Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's subjective.

It's like saying "what is beautiful?" all depends on the person, I could say my GF is beautiful but you guys might think she ugly.

God to everyone is different, it the people that claim to know/understand/listen/recognise God their the ones you want to stay away from!

link   
reply to post by blazer955

Joe rogan has such an open mind, wise to listen to his perspectives, an if not willing to, your not willing for a gain of sight into others, love, god, and what have you, I have similarities to some of his thoughts, you have to look beyond your job, religion, Mercedes, selfishness, etc.....

Just a thought,

Much Love

S&F for your thought OP!

link   
God is best friends with Santa clause the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy they all have something very in common can you guess what it is?

link   
God is best friends with Santa clause the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy they all have something very in common can you guess what it is?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Quoted fro ARPGME, sorry for the mis qoute

"Love keeps no record of wrongs. (1 Cor. 13

TLove is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)"

Yet, most with a worldly view will call you a martyr, and cast many stones.
Some of my friends have done wrong, greatly at me, mind you, yet I hug them
And tell them constantly I love them, and some of those who start to believe in
Something bigger than themselves, "their selfishness, " are my best friends of ten years plus
And I have no one to thank than the greater part of love and source of all energy, my Lord.

Man, that reply really hit me hard, my heart thanks you, wish you the best in your travels friend!

Just a thought
Much Love

edit on 12-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added love

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I love all the mocking posts made by atheists claiming there is no God. Do you realize how utterly arrogant and stupid you make yourself seem by claiming there is no God? By saying there is no Christian God, I can understand it, you do not comprehend the Bible or have faith in Christians view of God. Okay, I got that. But to say you are SURE there is NO God at all? How cocky! How arrogant! You are proclaiming YOURSELF to be God!

I don't care if you're a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Deist, New Age, Spiritual, WHATEVER. Atleast recognize that matter did not create matter, and there is some Being behind the existence. How anyone can possibly present themselves as intellectual and yet describe themselves as atheist, is beyond me. To be an atheist is to be as close minded as the most fundamental of fundamentalist Christians. Agnostic is the "least" spiritual / religious a person can logically be without proclaiming that they them self are omniscient.

Sorry, don't mean to rant, just had to get that off my chest!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My God is the Sun. Keeps me warm, alive. Keeps most things alive. Even though some organism can live in deep ocean trenches without the need for the Sun, they are the exception. We ALL need the Sun. Why waste time with fantasies? Want to believe in something? Believe in the Sun. It is our creator. I rather live with certainty than dwell on misconceptions throughout history. To me, God's are in the same group as unicorms, zombies, fairydust. Don't tie yourself down to man-made lies (Religion). Live a natural human life. The way the Earth and the Sun intended for you to do.
edit on 12-1-2012 by football6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
would anyone even know it if they seen god? Does god look the same to everyone? How many gods are there? is god light? can god exist in darkenss? what does god want me to do? why should should i believe anything if satan deceives the whole world and if satan does deceive the world , do you think you are included with the whole world? or do you think you are too smart tto be?

Satan cannot decieve the Holy Spirit/Jesus the Messiah/Abba (Father). He stands at the door knocking, hear him and let him enter your heart.

Your post presumes that the destroyer has more power than the Father, he does not.

What is God's glory? His glory is his light. He is the light that drives back the darkness, for darkness cannot exist in the presence of light. You cannot be decieved by Satan if you have the indwelling of Christ's Holy Spirit who is the spirit of truth, nor can you be possessed for the Holy Spirit will not share his temple with an unclean spirit, he holds the door shut and they do not have the power to force it open.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

I'm not a huge believer, but I do believe God is whatever you want him/her/it to be. There's so many different variations, it seems impossible not to think that it's whatever you want it to be.

I believe sometimes, when I want to like when I'm feeling down or whatever... but generally, nah, I don't believe. The whole idea of it sounds too far-fetched for me.

Don't get me wrong though, it's each to their own, I'd never say a bad word to anyone who goes to church or who really believes the bible.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

What if god is everything? What if our universe was god, we are part of the universe so we must be god . . .
I doubt that. I think the universe is a thing even if it does behave as an organism, it would not be aware of us, or care about us.
God would be someone in the universe who came into existence at the same time the universe did. God would be like us and that would be why God does notice us and cares about us, on a close level. It could be that there are more than one God, where there is one for each star cluster, such as the one we are in which is an arm of Orion, or something like that, but it has something like its own atmosphere acting as a sort of island in space. So there may be something like a membrane that encapsulates this entire region and there is a God for this region. There would be a sort of unifying connection between the gods of the Galaxy, probably, and maybe even higher councils of the Gods that include an entire Galaxy cluster, so it goes higher and higher until you have an entire God network which is unified in mind.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Cool video! Joe Rogan is a lot more open minded than I thought he was. Good find.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

Does anyone know what god is?

Heres a better question...

What isn't God?

Figure that out, and you'll also understand what God is...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
I love all the mocking posts made by atheists claiming there is no God. Do you realize how utterly arrogant and stupid you make yourself seem by claiming there is no God? By saying there is no Christian God, I can understand it, you do not comprehend the Bible or have faith in Christians view of God. Okay, I got that. But to say you are SURE there is NO God at all? How cocky! How arrogant! You are proclaiming YOURSELF to be God!

I don't care if you're a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Deist, New Age, Spiritual, WHATEVER. Atleast recognize that matter did not create matter, and there is some Being behind the existence. How anyone can possibly present themselves as intellectual and yet describe themselves as atheist, is beyond me. To be an atheist is to be as close minded as the most fundamental of fundamentalist Christians. Agnostic is the "least" spiritual / religious a person can logically be without proclaiming that they them self are omniscient.

Sorry, don't mean to rant, just had to get that off my chest!

hey, in the end it doesn't really matter cause

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)
(quoted from above)

top topics

join