It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines urinating on dead corpses part 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Why have the previous 2 threads about marines urinating on dead corpses been closed? One says it is closed for review and the other points to the first thread as it had already been opened and closed that one as well, yet when you open the thread it is closed as well. What's going on?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
dont show the video or pictures
and it should be good

showing dead body being urinated on .. is against ATS policy

real soldier / warrior dont do that
im pretty sure even the Taliban wouldnt do that to the enemy soldiers
the US army dont have many real soldier
in the video .. i dont see any soldier only scumbag
edit on 1/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Probably because those thread will quickly degenerate into "Bash the US" and "Exterminate the Muslims" type crap, as usual. The idiot minority determines the content we are allowed to discuss, and by extension, the quality of that discussion.

I'm sickened by this, but I was also sicked by the videos of what the Taliban and al Queda does to prisoners, and I honestly can't say i wouldn't completely dehumanize them if I was one of those soldiers.

But I've also got to point out that this in no way helps show the people of the world that the US is indeed there to "help"

Remember, if your country was invaded by Russia or China, YOU'D be the insurgents.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah it spiraled rapidly, funny how threads like that bring out the nasty in otherwise "moral" posters....

It makes your head spin, its like multiple personalities.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

I authored the second thread (6 minutes later) and it was closed as a duplicate. The first thread got kind of heated and Im guessing that's why it was closed. There are a few members who troll any thread that points out problems in the military. Mostly kids in their mom's basements claiming they're marines. These members cause so much drama with their tactics that the mods have no choice but to close the thread. I have had several of my threads close for the same reason.

My best advice is to not take the bait, but it's hard to ignore the morons some of the time. I wish the trolls would get post banned instead of the thread getting closed. It's pretty obvious who the repeat offenders are.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There is still a open thread about this
created by kamatty

Above Top Secret
edit on 1/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I thought I had checked and both were closed......person who put the video up on YouTube was just as much to blame as the marines who did it. I even read about whether they were marines or someone else? I wouldn't like it to be pissed on when I was dead especially from a nation like America or in fact from anyone. Totally disrespectful.
edit on 12-1-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Urinating on dead people that were just trying to kill me...Hummm Fair enough.,..I would of covered their bodies with pigs blood and then taken a long hard crap on their dead bodies just to make sure that these Taliban set the example for the rest of them Jihad's !!

They want Jihad.....They got Jihad !!!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This just goes to show how desensitised people get to war some of these things soldiers do as coping strategies are so disturbing but then again war is.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Urinating on dead enemies....very distasteful conduct.
Filming and uploading to youtube.....treason.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aided or involved by such an endeavour.
edit on 12-1-2012 by 3dman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thread closures are always due to T&C violations.

That said, this thread has now run it's course. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join