It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Former Satanist Becomes A Christian Minister

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
A Christian Evangelist speaks about his former life as a satanist and devout anti-Christian. He also shares parts of his life as a singer/songwriter for a satanic heavy metal band, his former interest in the occult, and the tattooing of his body with extreme satanic art.. In the present he is a devout believer in God and Yeshua Ha'Mashiach (Jesus Christ) as his Lord and Savior and is also a minister of the Gospel. This testimony and others similar to it are evidence that no one is to far to be reached by the Spirit of God.

Truth will never be found unless the ears are truly opened to it and the heart is willing to receive it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So you take a pliable individual that is empty unless devoting his life to some cause, and switch him from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Not that much of a miracle.
edit on 12-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

yes no miracle there its normal, the pope was a hitler youth and he's doing not bad for himself

en.wikipedia.org...

Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth...

edit on 12-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: spelling

edit on 12-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: quote

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

My best friend is similar to this guy (except my mate isn't confused anymore)

He started of as a Pagan, then became a Pagan priest. Then moved onto Satanism, he studied all of Anton Lavay's work and devoted him self to this - I know because we shared an apartment at the time. He has tattooed sleeves on all 4 limbs including satanic tattoos. He is also a successful guitarist and has played in many metal bands and has written much metal music. He even borrowed my bible (which was a gift) to study Christianity too.

Fortunately they were just all phases, and he now is a self professed 'Spiritual Atheist' - I'd say he definitely saw the light.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

That's awesome! I think the point of this is to show how some people may believe they are too far "away" from salvation, when in fact there is no limit. This is inspiring for those that may be in the same frame of thinking... Why can't people just be positive and acknowledge that this persons life was changed for the better? Regardless of personal belief, a neutral person would say that it is "interesting" to say the least that someone so against Christianity, becomes one of the biggest supporters. Reminds me of when Saul became Paul.

Thanks,

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
its funny how so many people go in and out of religion
get them to change their sports team and theyd rather die!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So you take a pliable individual that is empty unless devoting his life to some cause, and switch him from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I made this topic primarily for the Satanists on this site. The guy in the video was a real ex-satanist not a phony, he was into both Lavey Satanism and traditional Satanism.

Unless you watch the video I don't suppose you can really make the judgement this guy is pliable. Everyone devotes there life to a cause, even the atheist so I don't see how that comment holds any merit at all. I found the video very interesting and this is a real testimony which I believes others will get something useful out of.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo

He started of as a Pagan, then became a Pagan priest. Then moved onto Satanism, he studied all of Anton Lavay's work and devoted him self to this - I know because we shared an apartment at the time. He has tattooed sleeves on all 4 limbs including satanic tattoos. He is also a successful guitarist and has played in many metal bands and has written much metal music. He even borrowed my bible (which was a gift) to study Christianity too.

Fortunately they were just all phases, and he now is a self professed 'Spiritual Atheist' - I'd say he definitely saw the light.

Well he's far from the truth. Jesus is the light, he should pick that bible back up. I definitely think he will be unsatisfied with being a "spiritual atheist" I didn't know spiritual and atheist could even be used in the same sentence. Atheism really has nothing to offer a person, it gives absolutely no sense of purpose and has no answers about how the universe was started.
edit on 12-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hmmm, Satanist to Evangelical Christian.....

Out of the frying pan and into the fire springs to mind

ETA: Just found his band on Youtube. They were not bad.

Edit again: i just listened to more of the vid and he just said 'anything occult is Satanic'. That's BS. He's went from one type of brainwashing to another.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Nammu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopmakingsense
its funny how so many people go in and out of religion
get them to change their sports team and theyd rather die!

He was a Satanist for about 10+ years or so and has only been a Christian for 5 years.

He found the truth in a person that's not a religion. So how can a sport team be a person?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Ozvaldo

Well he's far from the truth. Jesus is the light, he should pick that bible back up. I definitely think he will be unsatisfied with being a "spiritual atheist" I didn't know spiritual and atheist could even be used in the same sentence. Atheism really has nothing to offer a person, it gives absolutely no sense of purpose and has no answers about how the universe was started.

I forgot to mention he is the most intelligent person I have ever met, and now sees religion for what it truly is.

I will say no more on this subject because I know you are heavily brain washed you are, and will see no other way than the fairy stories that you believe.

Good luck with your thread.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

God is not a religion. God is of the spirit. The person in this video joined Satanism because he could see how bad religion really is. Satan is God's adversary so he joined to oppose God and Religion. What he didn't find out until he became a Christian is that Jesus is a living person, not a Religion. It was religious people that killed Jesus and its religion that causes people to become atheists and Satanists. If there's one thing God hates most I would bet religion at the top of the list.

Your hatred for the bible is misplaced, religion takes the truth out of Christ.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Happens all the time. Satanists becoming Christians and Christians becoming Satanists... This is life, people convert to the opposite team and sometimes to other religions and teams and sometimes Atheism.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Happens all the time. Satanists becoming Christians and Christians becoming Satanists...

Sometimes they become Christians during the day and Satanists at night too.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Ozvaldo

Your hatred for the bible is misplaced, religion takes the truth out of Christ.

Hang on, who said I have hatred for the bible? Please do not put words in my mouth, I am not weak like the other people you pray on and try to convert.

I just think the bible is a book of made up fairy stories, and anyone who believes in it is RELIGIOUS i.e YOU

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Man talk about a gimmick this guy has to sway over crowds now, the masses are very weak minded.

"I use to be intrigued by the devil, but I have given my soul to the LAAWWWD"

Who says he isn't still a Satanist? I mean he now has a flock to corrupt.

upon watching the video:

So he was like a generic trendy Goth kid? And then he grew up? I mean thats what I get from it, but instead of just growing on his own, he needed to replace it with something to help him cope... Cool Story.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Must not be that intelligent after all!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Great post thanks for sharing it, really enjoyed the vid!!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No. Some people just don't care whether or not there are magical people up in the sky. Or care if there is no such thing. They just live there lives with the non issue having little to no effect on them....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I made this topic primarily for the Satanists on this site. The guy in the video was a real ex-satanist not a phony, he was into both Lavey Satanism and traditional Satanism.

Unless you watch the video I don't suppose you can really make the judgement this guy is pliable. Everyone devotes there life to a cause, even the atheist so I don't see how that comment holds any merit at all. I found the video very interesting and this is a real testimony which I believes others will get something useful out of.

What in your opinion is a real satanist?

The guy in the video repeats that he used to watch horror films, read a lot of occult books etc and be very selfish and angry at times. It's possible to identify yourself as Christian and do all those things too. He wasn't sacrificing babies, or murdering anyone.

In my opinion people get very hung up on outward appearances and superficial visual things and labelling themselves either 'a Christian' or 'a Satanist'. Many people when younger (my self included) will go through similar developmental stages. It's all about learning. Personally I no longer feel the need to label myself Christian, Pagan,Satanist or anything else, as I am confident in what I am and don't think any of these religious or societal labels really mean anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join