It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I had no idea and I lived in Iraq for a year. Thanks for that. Maybe you're right on that one.

Nonetheless, between males especially, there is always that "alpha" and "beta" male body language taken in by the subconscious. I've been reading up on it lately, it's pretty interesting and it's made me look at humans a lot differently.
edit on 12-1-2012 by apodictic because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by synnergy

I'll agree with that. What happens in war should stay between the people who understand it. It just causes controversy otherwise.

Since they found humor in this, you have to ask the question WHY they would find humor in this specific act. I believe subconsciously it's a way of marking territory. We just rationalize our behavior in a conscious way. Most of how we interact as humans has primal undertones. We like to think we're so far off from animals, but in reality we aren't. We think we're "civilized" but the only difference between us and them, really, is we're able to be aware of our conscious thoughts.

I figured they pissed on them because the sole fact they are muslim, they kinda got this urine avoidance thing...

Firstly, the Muslim must beware of najaasah (impurity) and try to avoid it as much as he can. It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by two graves and said, “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for something that was difficult to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading nameemah (malicious gossip) and the other used not to take care to avoid getting urine on himself.”

Narrated by Muslim, al-Tahaarah, 439

What is meant is that he did not take precautions to avoid getting it on himself. Hence it is permissible to urinate standing up so long as a person can be sure that he will not get splashes of urine on his clothes or his body. See the answer to question no. 9790.

islamqa.info...
So yeah its like an extra step, might not be as offensive to us, but hatred begets hatred is all I'm trying to say.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

I remmerb seeing videos of iraq & afghanistan where american soldiors wiped there bullets in pork, which again is like an extra personal slap in the face.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

I say if this is real. Dishonorable discharge them with NO benefits

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

www.rawa.org...

www.rawa.org...

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

www.liveleak.com...

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

I say a little bit of urine PALES in comparison to what the Taliban have done to innocent people.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Immune

But aren't we in the "west" better than this? Isn't this the whole point, that we are above this type of action? How can anyone justify sinking to that level.

they treat their prisoners inhumanely so it's ok for us to do the same?

Some real stretching going to on justify this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

www.rawa.org...

www.rawa.org...

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

www.liveleak.com...

mypetjawa.mu.nu...

I say a little bit of urine PALES in comparison to what the Taliban have done to innocent people.

and that makes it right? how dare these people do that! now lets do it to them beacuse they did it to us, but worse.

You have to go to war with morals, and keep them, or your only fighting against your mirror image

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
well to all those crazy people that said on the thread about this yesterday things like "good job marines" and the such, you are an embarrassment to the core and your country, almost as much as the soldiers doing this act of cowardice. I am amazed at you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by kamatty

Wow...

Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

While our troops royally screwed up and should be held accountible, being we should take the highroad, the Taliban shouldnt be the ones lecturing us on video / bad acts.

Eggactly. When they quit cutting off civilian folk's heads they can lecture me all they want. Until then they should STFU.

that is all.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I said it once in the last thread...but it needs said again...

How can this be...they are not the enemy...they are friendlies!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Amazing how things change so quick...and up next Iran!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

WTF?

Only words that come to mind right now....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just think, all these heroes will be coming home soon, to a police dept near you.

I have no more words.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

I'm sorry but if you watched your friends get shot or blown to bits by a hidden bomb living your life in a constant fear of an ambush or suicide bomber in a country you don't even want to be in but you signed the paperwork and the head hunters sent you there eventually you will lose all sense of human emotion its called PTSD and the reactions by some of these poor young men is exactly this situation. You become a machine where it is only you and them and the one that survives the war may actually be worse off mentally than their enemy, i know quite a few who have come back from Afghanistan and Iraq and they are changed mostly for the worse. Does it make it right absolutely not, but really is war right? If war was humane then it wouldn't be war, lets leave the war in the war zone so these silly squabbles don't occur. i would rather be pissed on after i'm dead than be tortured then beheaded on live T.V.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

I could do this to someone who was trying to kill me with no problem. Your dead I got you first, don't want me to take a leek on you guess you better kill me first then.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

WTF?

Only words that come to mind right now....

Well...I agree...WTF?

I had to struggle to get more than that out myself!

The point though is that they are an enemy when it is convenient...and a friend when the war drums beat to another tune!

The war against terrorism is over (for the most part) and now Iran is the new boogie man!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I sure as # see that now. I can't believe they just come right out and say "they're not the enemy" instead of letting it slowly fade into the background where people forget about it.

All these lost lives so the government can cash in on opium and oil. #ing shame, man.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

All these lost lives so the government can cash in on opium and oil. #ing shame, man.

Its not all that bad.

Cheney's holdings in Haliburton went up 3000% in last few years.

Imagine how rich he'll be when Iran happens.

I mean when we free Iran next.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

yeah see your whole argument onlyworks if they were the guys that blew up your towers
and well i dont think they did
do you really think the people that wanna kill a countries hey an entire civilisations way of life would get upset at someone p1ssing on a couple of their soldiers?

think along those lines

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Pot meet kettle. How many videos have been sent to Al jazeera and other media outlets showing innocent people being killed / decapitated / blown up by the Taliban / Al Queida. Even if we remove the Al Queida link they still do that crap.

Because it's different. Head chopping is totally acceptible. Now, if they pissed on their corpse afterwards......

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Because it's different. Head chopping is totally acceptible. Now, if they pissed on their corpse afterwards......

I,ll use small words so you can grasp the meaning.

We are supposed to be the 'good guys'.

Winning hearts and minds, and emptying bladders.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by kamatty

I say if this is real. Dishonorable discharge them with NO benefits

Agreed but they deserve the chop if only because they are morons. I mean what sort of idiot thinks 'I know - I'll do something against the rules and FILM it'. And yet they keep on doing this sort of thing. Meatheads....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join