It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban denounce 'US Marines body desecration' video

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: after a re-read, may have been a troll posting, sry

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
my brother did three 6 month tours of Iraq ...he hated every tour ,seen dead women and children lying by the road side ..it changed him for ever.. didn't turn him in to a nasty scum bag like some of our soldiers ..he followed orders done his job,and came home with his dignity ..he never believed in all the propaganda bs..he witnessed the annihilation not a liberation of a country..he also refused to take the anthrax vaccine's and other meds that were offered to him on his invasion tour..the soldiers in the video should be court-martialed at the very least

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I've heard more and more people starting to suggest that with media coverage like we have today, America would have lost World War II. I can't argue that sentiment by what I know of the War by my reading over the years.

Would we prefer not to see this? I'd prefer footage like this never leave the war zone since people can't be trusted to show some judgement with keepsakes from the war zone anymore. Everyone seems to want their 15 minutes of fame and screw their buddies to get it, too often.

We have no idea what the story of this picture is. Perhaps this is the body of a sniper who'd hit a few Americans before they finally got him, or some other circumstance which puts the act into context. It still isn't something we want to see back home, but War is Hell and I understand that term comes with great meaning.

Perhaps judging men in a war zone from our comfy office chairs here in America isn't the most realistic thing....

Man I love you sometimes, you're post usually have a great perspective to things. More thought out than hot headed.

OT: I think those soldiers need a discharge, not a dishonorable one(Maybe depending on the circumstances) but they have obviously had enough war in their lifetimes. Not that I'm completely defending them they really messed up here, as servicemen, as soldiers wearing that uniform what ever hatred or anger they have towards the enemy they should always remember that they also represent every citizen in America and I honestly don't want to be seen this way by the rest of the world.
edit on 1/13/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
POLL UPDATE:

What was your reaction to the video that appeared to show Marines urinating on three Afghan corpses?
It's an unacceptable desecration - 11%
It's an embarrassment - 7%
It's not surprising -- things like this happen in war - 82%
Total Votes: 30,646
Percentages may not add up to 100% due to rounding

I posted this poll earlier and there was only 5200 votes. Now with 30k the percentages have not changed. 82% of the voters get it! They may not agree with it but they get it. When will the majority crush the loud mouth of the minority? When will politicians quit pandering to the loud voice of the minority?

Answer: When the Majority makes them. Time to move on from this non story.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Correct spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats
POLL UPDATE:

What was your reaction to the video that appeared to show Marines urinating on three Afghan corpses?
It's an unacceptable desecration - 11%
It's an embarrassment - 7%
It's not surprising -- things like this happen in war - 82%

I posted this poll earlier and there was only 5200 votes. Now with 30k the percentages have not changed. 82% of the voters get it! They may not agree with it but they get it. When will the majority crush the loud mouth of the minority? When will politicians quit pandering to the loud voice of the minority?

Answer: When the Majority makes them. Time to move on from this non story.

So if we ask 30,000 Iranians three questions;

1, Should the US attack Iran

2 Should the US not attack Iran

3 No opinion

Can we then take the Majority response , because it is the right answer.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

Good to see that you got a poll on this. Even better to see a majority of the people have common sense. I was starting to lose hope.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well I guess if you live in Iran, yes you should listen to the majority, what exactly is your point? I guess you figure the voice of Iran should rule the USA?

You obviously are part of the problem, certainly not part of the solution. If you have a poll that does not agree with the one I posted, please post it. Or we could sit around and make up hypothetical situations that don't represent anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Former Lt. Col. Allen West: 'Shut your mouth, war is hell'
edit on 13-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You obviously are part of the problem, certainly not part of the solution.

I'm not part of the problem my friend, I don't need to piss on anybody to assert my manhood.

But if your poll helps you make sense of this, all power to you.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

his poll shows that people 'get' that # happens in war. he even stated that they may not agree with it. but you're in the minority and part of the "OMG DISGUSTING I CANT BELIEVE IT" hippie group.

no one is trying to change your mind, but I can understand that you're offended because, like I said, you're in the minority. 25000+ people who took that poll agree. can't argue with facts.
edit on 13-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
my brother did three 6 month tours of Iraq ...he hated every tour ,seen dead women and children lying by the road side ..it changed him for ever.. didn't turn him in to a nasty scum bag like some of our soldiers ..he followed orders done his job,and came home with his dignity ..he never believed in all the propaganda bs..he witnessed the annihilation not a liberation of a country..he also refused to take the anthrax vaccine's and other meds that were offered to him on his invasion tour..the soldiers in the video should be court-martialed at the very least

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 06/-06004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

I think its very difficult to judge these men for their actions, when we are here safe behind our monitors.
When death and terror surrounds you, and you become alienated with the [local] people there, these things can happen[while it shouldn't!].Its difficult to grasp this reality you're not used to..
edit on 13-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

his poll shows that people 'get' that # happens in war. he even stated that they may not agree with it. but you're in the minority and part of the "OMG DISGUSTING I CANT BELIEVE IT" hippie group.

First of all, Thank you for hippy comment , long time since I been called that, well never to be truthful.

I get that your a soldier, and one day , god willing you'll have a son that will be proud of that.
Let's say he follows his dad profession, and bad luck occurs, and he falls in the line of duty.
It's comforting to know you be ok with him getting pissed on, after all it's war.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

If he reads my signature he will understand about changing peoples mind. Actually 30,624 people have voted on this poll that I found on the Washington post.

It is refreshing that you understood my point and why I posted the poll. It is also refreshing that most people get it regardless of their personal opinion of it.

Source of poll so TwOsides can go vote with the 11%.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

TwOSides you have complety missed the point. I am a veteran, I have a son in the theatre, a marine medic travelling with forward scouts. Very dangerous. If they get caught they will most certainly all be killed. I worry more about the moments before death, when he is cognitive and aware of pain. If he is killed I just want him home.

Not dragged through the street, hung from a bridge, skinned alive. Piss on him, fine then send him home. Your outrage on this iritates me, but hey you are entitled to have an opinion. That's what we fight for. My son is fighting because those are his orders. Orders by an elected body, by the majority. You participated in that voting process if you live in the USA. Be outraged we are there killing people not that a few misguided young kids pissed on some dead enemies. Yes they are enemies.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

TwOSides you have complety missed the point. I am a veteran, I have a son in the theatre, a marine medic travelling with forward scouts. Very dangerous. If they get caught they will most certainly all be killed. I worry more about the moments before death, when he is cognitive and aware of pain. If he is killed I just want him home.

Not dragged through the street, hung from a bridge, skinned alive. Piss on him, fine then send him home. Your outrage on this iritates me, but hey you are entitled to have an opinion. That's what we fight for. My son is fighting because those are his orders. Orders by an elected body, by the majority. You participated in that voting process if you live in the USA. Be outraged we are there killing people not that a few misguided young kids pissed on some dead enemies. Yes they are enemies.

Sharpenmycleets YOU DONT get it pissing on corpse is wrong that is the only point being made. I did multiple deployments to IQ/AF and I never F'N EVER had the urge to piss on a corpse.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Like attracts like....hate begets hate. What's that saying? Anything goes in love and war... Are we really that surprised? I'm not.
edit on 13-1-2012 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is the view of American foreign policy that the world sees. Like it or not.
I don't care what's going on behind closed doors, YouTube seems to have a lot of stuff to see and the US government won't let us see their backroom deals. Of course the US government doesn't let us see what they are doing. I don't expect them too. However, if you're going into a country as a 'liberator' you need to have the people of that country behind you. This sort of video sets things back years.

So the world sees this, and not the 'negotiations' for peace with the Taliban etc. [Negotiating? With "terrorists"? Really?]

People say, "Oh, those poor guys. They'll never get a job now...."
Unless they are hired by a private security contractor, Halliburton, TSA etc.!
They'll be fine. They will work for scum like them. They seem to find each other.

Desensitized, and war is hell... Yes. War is hell. Who started it? Did we attack a proven enemy, or did we attack countries likely to be harboring terrorists?
All you gray haired "Retired [insert military section here]" on the back window of your F150, did you do this sort of thing? No. You didn't. Because you had integrity. You went through hell too. No difference. If you did do these things, you are just as bad and I hope you never get another good night's sleep. Chances are, you didn't.

If OBL did order 9/11 he killed 3000 US citizens by making a decision;
how many civilians have died in other countries since Shrub 43 made a 'decision'?
Which one is the terrorist?
Whose decision killed the most civilians?
Or doesn't it matter because they were harboring terrorists?

We talk of how bad it was that the SS killed so many villagers because of 'partisan' activity.
We talk about how the tide of WWII turned because the Germans started bombing civilians.
We don't seem to talk about which nations refused to sign the ban on cluster bombs, and which countries use them on a daily basis.
We don't talk about the here and now.
Then it was bad. Now it is good.
Freedom, don't you know?

"How many videos have we seen of Americans being [decapitated, treated badly etc.]?"
Not that many, really. None would be better, but there aren't that many.
How many videos are there of Abu Grahib and Gitmo? None.
Just because it's not on video doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
No clean hands around here.

The US invaded Afghanistan because all the Al Quacky leaders were caught in Pakistan! Really?
How many Al Quacky 'insurgents' were walking the streets of Iraq prior to the US invasion? None.
They are they because of the US presence.

Look at the US foreign policy over the years and the heads of state the US supported. Now look at the Arab Spring, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and see how many were the 'wrong choice' a little later. Tough choice when you need to support 'democracy' over your pet psycho-leader.

War is hell. I hope nobody ever has to experience it.
This sort of video is, to me, the same as the film coming from the concentration camps about man's inhumanity to man.

I hope these 'soldiers' are identified, tried, and punished with war crimes.
You're not fighting for me. You are scum.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Badgered1 because: Deliberately left in some errors to see if the idiots attack that instead of the point.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTimeIsNow

That is great that you have a good morale compass. I never said I agreed with it. I said "I get it". As a veteran I am surprised that you are not outraged that a minority of people are trying to paint a broad brush of our military soldiers over the actions of a few.

Trust me, killing them, occupying their country, pushing our beliefs on them, trying to control them, their government and their resources creates much deeper hatred towards us than what a few knuckleheads did after killing them!

This story is just a liberal attack on our military and does nothing to promote discussion of why we are there. Of why our foreign policy is so aggressive. Just a distraction.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Nice rant, but that was about as useless as Rodney Dangerfield running for president. Soldiers fight for governments that people elect. War crimes, thats laughable.

Insulting people that protect others is offensive, insensitive and boorish. The only reason you are not cowering under your kitchen table is because of the strength of these guys you call scum.

If you want our troops home use all that energy you have to promote a true president and congress that will truly change our foreign policy and get out us out these countries. If the liberal, shameless media can show me that these pissing actions are the "acceptable norm" after killing the enemy then I too will be outraged. That is not the case and you and every other ranter on this topic knows it...including the Taliban.

They are bilking the topic for all it's worth and you sir are abetting the enemy.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Spelling

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join