It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA Agent: America creates its own enemies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Americans are in the crosshairs of terrorists worldwide purely due to Washington's policy in the Muslim world, not because there is an Islamic enemy whose only aim is to kill Americans for their freedoms and lifestyle, insists a former CIA officer. Historian Michael Scheuer, an author of "Through our enemies' eyes", who worked for the agency for over 20 years till 2004 and at one time was the chief of the CIA's 'Bin Laden unit', says America's greatest enemy -- radical Islam -- never existed: neither when Bin Laden was alive, nor now.

This is the guy Ron Paul references in the Foreign Policy chapter of his book.

My question is, how does this position reconcile with 9/11?
edit on 12-1-2012 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

What does this mean?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Interesting interview, though nothing new to most of us here on ATS.

The only problem I have with his stance (which I have heard from others such as Lawrence Wilkerson as well) is that he seems to blame the situation, in large part, on the incompetence of Washington.Of course, perhaps there is some truth to this... seriously, one only need to look at the pool of potential presidential candidates in the GOP race to see that a high IQ is certainly not a condition for the job!

However, it is almost inconceivable to me, that there is not a guiding hand, somewhere in the policy making machine, which is perfectly happy with these eternal enemies, and, in fact, might not exist without them. (Of course, I am also a member of ATS, so perhaps I am biased!?!)

Anyhow, it is always nice to hear a message, many of us know to be based on common sense and historical precedence to be heard... lord knows that we aren't hearing this in the mainstream media, or from capitol hill!
(Except those three, or so, lonely voices: Bernie Sanders, Denis Kucinich and Ron Paul... oh yeah and Barrack Obama BEFORE he got into the White House!)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

What does this mean?

Yes that is what it means. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

I can't watch the video, but it doesn't take an ex-CIA agent to understand the US has created many if not most of our current enemy list.

The policies of the US over the last half-century alone (the part I've been alive for) is plenty to understand how many people in many countries might have a seething hatred for the US gov't and how it behaves.

As for how it ties in to 9/11:

If you believe the oh-fish-ul story, then some of these people that hate us due to our policies over the decades got organized and pulled off a master stroke of an attack on us given their capabilities.

If you believe the stories of the US gov't being involved or at least aware, then 9/11 was just a recent means to further obfuscate the situation in the US and therefore further the agenda of the people who set policy in the US.

It works out neatly either way.

But yeah, it is obvious to any thinking person that most of our problems at this stage of history are the results of our own snarky behavior coming home to roost.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Scheuer is a CIA apologist and a fairly convincing one at that. However, blowback is very different from creating and financing your own enemies like we did with Bin Ladin,
I trust the opinions of other former spooks like Robert Baer and Ray McGovern far more than he.

As for 9/11 it was State Department office in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia that gave most of the hijackers their visas. How does that equate with blowback in any way? It doesn't.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

How intereseting, because late last night, I was thinking about "Al CIAda" and all of the things that have resulted from 9/11 in the past couple of years. Imagine that you're an incredibly wealthy and powerful organizatiion of people that controls the media and members of the government.

If you create some shadowy organization that you have attack someplace, you can play out your agenda. This attack can be used to justify many things that otherwise would not have been allowed to occur. Wars, legislation that spies on the people and takes away their rights, new government agencies, you name it.

It's actually really simple, but evidently very effective as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ah and Alex Jones basically sums up my thoughts with a simple analogy in this clip. Skip to 7:30 in this clip:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've been watching/following Michael Scheuer for around 6 months, & a lot of what he says makes perfect sense. However, I'm still a little suspicious due to his (ex) CIA status; if it were almost any other agent we would immediately be cautious & skeptical. But since his views happen to back Ron Paul's we just accept it as an important source.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
gosh

more Americans need to see these shocking revelations!

new topics

top topics

join