It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Matrix system of government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Humanity has tried every system of government and failed to achieve world peace.. Every system of governance presented to us has failed miserably before us in retrospect to history. We need a new system. We need a system which is immune to corruption. We need a system that is unique and new. What does this new system look like? Will it look like anything we have seen before?

Perhaps what we need is a Matrix system of government.. A system that is not based on secret agendas.

In the Matrix Council there are 12 members. They are all elders of the society. Even Neo remarked that there weren't any young men on the council:

Councillor Hamann: No, no point. Old men like me don't bother with making points. There's no point.
Neo: Is that why there are no young men on the Council?
Councillor Hamann: Good point.

If we were to institute a Matrix system of government today I believe that Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich would deserve 2 seats out of the council of 12. Perhaps if we can fill out the other 10 seats with solid leadership we can eventually hope to eliminate war, famine, disease and solve the problems of individualism, collectivism and get on with the study of existence. Well, we can hope and dream, can't we?

But what does the Matrix Architect say about hope?

Architect: Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.
Neo: If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.
Architect: We won't.

I believe that every system has been a failure and that we need a new system, a Matrix system of government. Your thoughts?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
For the purposes of this thread I am assuming that the 12 Matrix council positions are all democratically elected positions. Each position has a functional grasp on a particular aspect of the society they govern. 1 of 12 would be the prime foreign diplomatic envoy, democratically elected to the position.

2 of 12 would be an economic tzar.
3 of 12 would be a science & technology tzar.
4 of 12 would be a domestic health and human welfare position.
5 of 12 would be a tzar of natural resources.
6 of 12 would be a law & order tzar.
7 of 12 would be an advocate of the little guy.
8 of 12 would be an office of pure accounting.
9 of 12 would be an office of military diligence.
10 of 12 would be an economic tzar.
11 of 12 would be the education officer.
12 of 12 would be the Office of the Nullifier, a democratically elected position.

In my opinion it is a ridiculous proposition to go back to any previous system of government. All systems of governments have failed to achieve world peace. Therefore we must have a new system that is totally new.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
just blow the world up
it would be easier.

id like it that way better too.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There is a big factor here which you are not taking into account.....humans and our forms of governance are not static. We change, they change, no system will ever be able to overcome corruption. The most we can hope for is minimal corruption.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
In calling for a new system we should work with the nature of man and their endeavours rather than limit it. Hierarchical systems of governance only work so far as there is just too much going on in the system for any centralisation to control it all. In studying what people search for and are interested in there is a wide dispersion of concepts and mixing of ideas going on.

For another type of governance there should be more openness and transparency for the public to get involved with the issues that matter to them, with the internet this capability is growing. I would prefer that people who are knowledgeable on economics get in on the financial debates, accounts and planning. Same for the other fields and sectors of society.

Currently being asked to pick a few names from people I know little about may have worked in the past, but if the population is to continue to grow a more targeted approach to the solid ideas and common sense is required. Public discussion can be a lengthy process so patience is needed. I would rather vote on the issues I know about than a person I don't.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

We need AI, that will remove all corruption, probably money too, end all wars and take us to the next level and across the galaxy.. maybe time itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
How do you know we dont already have a government like that? There are always rumours of a shadow government and no Matrix style ruling body would rule on this side anyway. Humanity and Reality are the RESULTS of the equations. The true power is on the other side.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Taking several of your ideas in order:

stopmakingsense just blow the world up
?? That is not an option!! We are trying to avoid an autocratic dictatorship situation that would mislead humanity into self destruction. And I don't believe a council of 12 members would agree to do that.

acmpnsfal humans and our forms of governance are not static.
That is a good point. Perhaps there can be some mechanism within the council that could deal with "change management". That's how they do it in the corporate world today.

kwakakev there should be more openness and transparency.. Public discussion can be a lengthy process so patience is needed.
I agree on both points here. I'm giving each of the 12 council members equal authority with the others - it should help to promote open policies instead of secret agendas.

CrimsonMoon We need AI, that will remove all corruption, probably money too, end all wars and take us to the next level and across the galaxy.. maybe time itself.

Now you are talking my language. The current world system has profit motives at every level so every level is corruptible. We should promote the best resource managers who manage resources according to the needs of humanity. With the help of A.I. more resources will be distributed on a more equal scale.

OsirisIndigo How do you know we dont already have a government like that?
Perhaps there is a shadow government like you say. A shadow government is not open to scrutiny or criticism so it should not be allowed in the first place.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hmmm....interesting, let me think about it a sec before i give you my thoughts...
S&F

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Humanity has tried every system of government and failed to achieve world peace.. Every system of governance presented to us has failed miserably before us in retrospect to history. We need a new system. We need a system which is immune to corruption. We need a system that is unique and new. What does this new system look like? Will it look like anything we have seen before?

First it's not humanity that tried every system of government but it's TPTB / Rome. We can have the feeling that every system failed because it turn out that the mass always lost and the elites always won but it was design that way by TPTB.

If you wish that you and all of us could take back control over our freedom, we first have to overthrown TPTB / Rome than we could have a chance with a new system of governance based on universal respect.

Perhaps what we need is a Matrix system of government.. A system that is not based on secret agendas.

we sure do...but it will have to be a public system of governance

Well, we can hope and dream, can't we?

we sure can but we will also have to fight...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mick1423

It may be just a superstition but there is the Malachy prophecy which seems to indicate the destruction of the RC church and the Last Pope. Perhaps the NWO is the successor to the RC church?

The Matrix council has 12 members and most importantly, no popes, no kings and no dictators! I'm sure that spiritual leaders will be necessary however they have no business in the actual council itself. The seats on the Matrix council must be democratically elected on an individual basis, on a rotation calendar, so that the council cannot be unseated all at once during a single election. All these seats, when convened in public, constitute the government.

I am foreseeing a world population that doesn't need a lot of governance anyway because it is well educated beyond the need for finding comfort in 2,000 year old superstitions

So the Matrix council is sort of a radical departure but not so radical that civilization needs to be redesigned or replaced. What we have these days, in our modern times, is a fully functioning global system of economy. What is needed then is a method which teaches that corrpution is the worst possible outcome in any system. And a system that doesn't allow for poor resource management decisions.

Take for example, the NASA GRAIL-A/B probes that are now orbiting the Moon for a cost of more than $375 Million. In 90 days those probes will complete the mission and crash into the surface of the Moon. That is why I have placed at position 12 of 12 - The Office of the Nullifier. The only power of the Nullifier is to veto and cancel such waste of resources. If NASA wanted to send probes to the moon they can build a more formidible probe that can do more and last longer than 90 days.

edit on 1/12/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: edit

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

While of course I did come into this thread expecting you to advocate a huge kind of AI that controls our economics and stuff, you came out with the human-side of the Matrix government that was formed in the crucible of a bloody genocidal war against humanity.

....okay, I could see us getting that government without a bloody genocidal war, but the reasons we had that government in the movie was because we were still fighting a bloody genocidal war and on the verge of losing.

Excuse me on not wanting to emulate the losers of the movie who were only saved by a continuous use of Deus Ex Neo-ninja.

I do want to point to Chilies pre-73 coup when they attempt to have a computer-guided economy.

www.nytimes.com...

The pitfalls and perks of such an economy haven't been fully ironed out yet, we should not be so quick to wear an unironed shirt but hey, we could iron this shirt after we iron it, let's not be stupid and iron it on our body.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think there just needs to be a system of meritocratic-democracy - with bar exams for all avenues of public life - you want to vote on economic matters, you need to demonstrate a degree of fluency in economics to participate etc. These would be transparent and open to anyone.

For some things like local governance the only qualifying factors may be being of a certain age, equivalent intelligence of a high-school certificate and living in that local area for a year.

To vote in matters of international governance you might have to be of a certain age, be at least bi-lingual, and the equivalent knowledge base of a masters degree in global affairs or something.

To vote on education policy again, again having something akin to a masters degree in teaching

Everyone would be given varying degrees of access to an information & voting grid on the internet based on "qualifications" gained over their lifetime. And all these qualifications may be open to everyone, free to study online at their own pace etc.

The more ambitious citizenry (those with more - or - higher qualifications) could be rewarded in some way, cheaper goods & services for eg.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

I've got a copy of "Fanfare for Effective Freedom - Cybernetic Praxis in Government" on my desk here. I printed it out awhile back from www.williambowles.info/sa/FanfareforEffectiveFreedom.pdf

Do we now have a cybernetic economy in 2012 as was predicted in 1973? I think we do.
There remains some issues of who will seize control of an open source economy. In my best economic scenario there is a overwhelming majority of elected administrators with very few, if any, political appointees.

Ultimately, one should not be allowed control or monopolize resources through a bloodline (tried and failed) or a military dictatorship (tried and failed) or a "free markets" (tried and failed).

Through the political body of the Matrix council and the Office of the Nullifier I can imagine a better distribution of resources that is fairly based on human needs rather than quarterly profit reports or executive packages..

Wall Street has failed to deliver. Cybernetic open source economics is the wave of the future. In some places it might seem as if the Great Depression has arrived (the West) while in other more populous places it might appear that a new golden age has finally arrived...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I was thinking along the same lines.
If we were voting, for example, on energy council positions our energy policies would be vastly different than they are today. The distribution of energy would no longer be limited by quarterly corporate earnings. The entire world can be better managed but the oligarchs/monoplies don't want us to experiment outside of their "free market". Ha LOL!

Under the Matrix system if they made bad resource decisions they get demoted immediately. Make too many bad decisions and you get blocked from trying again. All these decision have to made openly to the full council which is the critical piece of the Matrix system, In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
In the Matrix system of government all the world's petrol stations would be overseen by a Petrol Station Tzar who is democratically elected by the people.

This would mean that the Military Industrial Complex would not compete or be in conflict of interest with regard to petrol. Because as the world currently stands, the US MIC is in conflict of interest with the world supply of oil.

In the Matrix system there is an Office of the Nullifier which is democratically elected who can smash any stupid decision by government at his own whim. But that is his only function. Sort of like Loki.

Loki's relation with the gods varies by source. Loki sometimes assists the gods and sometimes causes problems for them.

The Matrix system will be the best parts of all systems that came before it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopmakingsense
just blow the world up
it would be easier.

id like it that way better too.

This is a once in a lifetime chance my friend. It don't blow up so easily.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I like The Matrix...

but I really don't know what you're suggesting here, politics-wise

new topics

top topics

join