It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Prophecies vs Science, Government and Hollywood....any correlation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

I would say more then just us 3 are on the same page. Although, sometimes I feel like certain movies are overly preachy, and nobody sees through them.

Im not sure whos behind the movies we see, but we are being given ideas, for good or bad.

I would also say, that with the rise of the internet, and piracy, the most hard hit movies arent the blockbusters, but the independent films with new ideas, and fresh outlooks.
The Steven Speilbergs of the business can probably take the loss that comes from torrent sites. So with that, I would think, we are being presented with ideas that are coming from increasingly smaller groups.

reply to post by WhoKnows100

A little off topic, but I wanted to say that I completely agree with researching both sides. If you read things that you agree with, your not being open minded at all. How can you say your for or against something when you dont know both sides of the argument.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Very true. I know I'm biased to a degree but in my defense, I've been living the other side for all these years...I'm just now looking at the supposed other side. I mean really, think about it. Take a neighbor or relative and watch them for 2 days....do nothing but watch (not in stalker mode though...:lol
Today's society, for the most part, not everyone, are not independent thinkers or doers....they are basically cattle. Wake up, shower, drink coffee, get in car, drive to work, do job half assed because they probably don't really truly like their job....go to lunch, finish day, drive home, eat dinner, maybe family time which probably consists of watching tv, go to bed....wake up and do it again. We have been doing it for so long ... trying to do better and make more money that we are blind to what is really happening. as long as you get that paycheck every 2 weeks and the bills are paid enough to give you a roof, food and entertainment...what else is there? That's today's society and I think coming from the cattle and trying to investigate the steak salesman gives me a basis from one side to another....meaning I'm not disregarding the other side...I'm just trying to find some sort of truth.

as far as movies, entertainment, video games...I fully believe they are used for propaganda and for seeding thoughts or certain views. For some reason, right now, the movie adam sandler did when he received all that fortune from his wealthy relative in NY city comes to mind. Sandler was going around being mr nice guy and living the path of the righteous at all levels...and on the bridge you can tell this part was added later ... but he yells... Thank you New York City is the best city in the whole world.... and i'm not bashing NYC and definitely not touching 9/11 because regardless it was a F'ing tragedy and sad....but how much has NYC prospered and benefited from cameo spots like that....?? Was it great before? Not really, high crime rate...low income...etc etc etc....but you get my point. Movies used for propaganda and placing thoughts and feelings in our heads!!

Like I said, I really just want to actually figure some of all this out that provides definitive answers and sheds light on some of the lies. This puzzle is a hard one to touch though and I don't know if it will ever be able to be fully figured out to any certainty.

Although about the closest thing I've seen to proving my theory correct has been the recent allegations that high ups in the white house provided hollywood film producers inside information and top secret details of the bin laden raid because they wanted the movie completed prior to november 2012 and the election to help obama.

if they would do it for re-election over bin laden....why not for these other topics we all have that weird feeling about?

thanks for your time and your comments, i read every one of them and have been given straight and honest advice. It's good to hear others opinions to help guide me from being overly biased.

greg

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

boy thats pretty quick, we better get moving lol!
oh my,

toodles.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee
reply to post by osirys

.I'm just trying to find some sort of truth.

as far as movies, entertainment, video games...I fully believe they are used for propaganda and for seeding thoughts or certain views.

Like I said, I really just want to actually figure some of all this out that provides definitive answers and sheds light on some of the lies. This puzzle is a hard one to touch though and I don't know if it will ever be able to be fully figured out to any certainty.

greg

Ok the Video games, whole different story, Take all the war games, for example, are they not just seeding ideas but preparing you for war? are they using these as recruitment? or Survival tactics? If you grow up playing these games and doing well, whats to say you wouldnt make a FINE soldier, now, look at it a different way with a different game.

lets take zombie games, ect.
same principal, preparing us for the zombie apocalypse? After all these tactics and searching and puzzles wouldnt you also make a fine soldier LOL
And zombie killer

Then theres driving games. oh oh so fun....
how many kids have said oh driving is easy and passed their driving tests because they know how to drive from playing games LOL wouldnt they make fine cops or soldiers now? haha learning how to beat up hookers, cops, street racing, problem solving, increasing their skills for so many skills a great soldier would need when transporting in war.

this is just a couple examples, doesnt apply to just soldiers of course, but rather input zombie apocalypse to all of them... Or Running from a giant reptillian overlord. LOL the video games, well they are on an entirely different level, one that gives you skills you can use in these situations, one that teaches you hand eye coordination and thinking skills

and whats with asassins creed ;D the whole thing just freaks me out. i watch my daughter play it and im like WOW... kick the templars asses kid. Learn those puzzles about the history of the martyrs and collect the pieces of eve... omg

i told her you know that someday you might need this information so remember it!

am wrong lol maybe im over thinking

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

i can't believe i lose sleep reading and searching night after night after night....lol. WTF

give me something to look into would ya!!!???

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

hahaha give you something to look into, well randomly i would say the thing that perplexes me the most is advanced tetrahedral physics, try to tie that into this and we might get somewhere extremely fascinating
lol

sorry are you saying i rant too much or go into too much detail... should i form my answers as questions lol!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Actually, no...you're not wrong at all. The military has already said that video games has become an integral part of training. Pilots use them and they're called flight simulators...a computer game. soldiers use them to practice shooting. My unit played with the first one in Germany back in 1998 or 1999. Really cool.

I 100% believe that the military war games are a recruiting tool... not so much the sporting games...but believe it or not...my son can identify defenses in football because of Madden. I've also heard on ESPN that coaches use the games to help show desired alignments and routes...?

I don't think these things are coincidences at all. Last night I ran across an unclassified document from army psy ops from 1990 regarding the use of the internet and using it for propaganda and how to use it to the military's benefit. I think they all go hand-in-hand...movies, video games...just planting seeds and thoughts...almost subconsciously....

very nice add in there!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

absolutely not!!! i want you to rant and b*tch and argue and add comments....that means we're both going in the same direction in search of something that we aren't supposed to know!!!!

i don't know if we can work that into this thread....but if you want to...i'll get down with ya and help ya investigate and work on a project!!! lol.

that's what i was saying...give me something to look up...investigate...give me a thought of yours that you want to go find an answer too.....

i'm happy you comment and are on board

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

whew... glad im not way off my rocker then, cuz i was starting to wonder if i was on the conspiracy train straight to the loony bin.

it just bothers me so many things that cannot be coincidental ;D

however, i dont feel twilight has any meaning. just thought i would throw that out there.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

hmm well i might suggest finding out what came first, the actual chicken or the egg.

so lets say they have two movies similar that came out at the same time, did they find an asteroid that year or after the movie was thought up ;D that would be a make or break in several cases... but then are these movies based loosely on books, did the books come before the asteroid was found as well...

using the asteroid now because you used it as your example now its stuck in my head lol

and with that being said, i would use the link he provided to find the movies, Imdb maybe? for info on the movies and searches for info on the proof? does that sound like it would be plausible

personally headed to bed, but ill be back in the Am to check your responses
now im even more interested

edit on 13-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: added

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

hahaha give you something to look into, well randomly i would say the thing that perplexes me the most is advanced tetrahedral physics, try to tie that into this and we might get somewhere extremely fascinating
lol

sorry are you saying i rant too much or go into too much detail... should i form my answers as questions lol!

so you believe tetrahedral physics is the key to travel, time bending or manipulating....where are you going with it??? I mean if you think about it...if you are thinking it in terms of time travel or worm holes...movies have been made about these things as well.... but if the news broke tomorrow and they said...hey...we've figured out how to spin magnets, create vortices by rapidly switching magnetic fields creating 4D...what would you say? wow...that's cool. guess we've seen it before. it wouldn't be too much of a shocker.

just the other day i read an interesting article in the paper and they had a brief 1 minute blip on the news about folks that have learned to bend light thus allowing an event to disappear. the example they used was someone stealing a painting in a museum and you're looking at one moment at the picture and the next moment the picture is gone...what they've figured out is they have an event happen and it is never seen...i.e. the man walks in to the museum and walks out with the painting and was never seen....

obviously they were far away from this scenario because they only made a pen disappear for like 1/3000th of a second i believe....but theoretically speaking that's what they have started a process towards.

my point being...i wasn't overly surprised or shocked...i've heard about stuff like this from tv and books for years....fiction of course. that's why i think all this fiction entertainment serves a couple purposes....and our government knows and is behind it all...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

whew... glad im not way off my rocker then, cuz i was starting to wonder if i was on the conspiracy train straight to the loony bin.

it just bothers me so many things that cannot be coincidental ;D

however, i dont feel twilight has any meaning. just thought i would throw that out there.

haha...i know the feeling about being on the conspiracy train...it gets overwhelming and frustrating when you actually think about it. I have to back off my thinking some and calm down or i'll be in that looney bin first....

and i concur about twilight...and i don't think ghost rider and scarface had any underlying or hidden agendas....some movies and games are just that....movies and games to keep our minds occupied and looking in the opposite direction!!! but i like movies...might watch one now!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

hmm well i might suggest finding out what came first, the actual chicken or the egg.

so lets say they have two movies similar that came out at the same time, did they find an asteroid that year or after the movie was thought up ;D that would be a make or break in several cases... but then are these movies based loosely on books, did the books come before the asteroid was found as well...

using the asteroid now because you used it as your example now its stuck in my head lol

and with that being said, i would use the link he provided to find the movies, Imdb maybe? for info on the movies and searches for info on the proof? does that sound like it would be plausible

personally headed to bed, but ill be back in the Am to check your responses
now im even more interested

edit on 13-1-2012 by N3v3rmor3 because: added

Well, I did look up the year of the asteroid scenario...1998. and in 1994 we had the closest asteroid known without hitting us and it came within 65,000 miles of us. So my thought process goes as follows. NASA think tank...DoD sitting in... NSA National Defense...whomever...the question obviously is asked...why didn't we see this...and what are we gonna do next time. So the "THINK TANK" begins figuring out solutions. The proposed solutions being,,..1) land on it and blow it up 2) detonate beside it 3) use a solar parachute or 4) nothing.

They figure out that right now...in the immediate time frame that using a nuclear bomb to hopefully move it's course is the quickest and most efficient way, why...because we don't even know if we can land on an asteroid....

Government says...okay....hollywood...need some movies talking about what a big disaster asteroids hitting the earth will be....that they've caused extinction before....etc etc... discuss this all in the movies and use these solutions to make us survive....bam...2 movies out with 2 winning scenarios....both mind you were confirmed after the movies as being the governments plan.

fast forward now....we have landed a probe on an asteroid. maybe things have changed now that we know more about them....i don't know. i do know that we've studied them up close and personal now....

go even further...use the movie "knowing"....NASA THINK TANK says...a few years back...hey...every 11 years the sun flips it's poles and major solar flare activity takes place. sometimes it affects us...sometimes it don't...depending on the direction of the flares....etc.... Government says ...well what's the possible damage....answer...bad x9 or whatever classification flares get can knock out communications...power..could be a huge EMP knocking everything out. We haven't experienced anything worse than in 1908 (i think) when solar flares burned down telegraph wires and communications. But that doesn't mean they can't be worse....

Government says...okay. put out worst case scenario movie....governments survive ...rest of population done and burned up. I don't know...maybe a stretch on that one cause aliens came down and took people away to start civilization elsewhere....but sh*t....maybe that's what's going on.....

But I think that maybe they look at history...or "near misses" or even future possibilities based on scientific evidence...develop their safety plan and put out a movie showing worst case scenarios and the ways we could possibly win or survive. so I think the chicken and egg scenario continues and applies indirectly to our thought process.....the movie all depends on the situation and what the government is willing to allow out there.

this past year for instance there had to be at least 6 or 8 alien movies. why? doesn't make sense from the stand point of being a movie producer.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What I couldn't understand is why movie makers in Hollywood would risk 2 movies of the same background during the same time period?

Hollywood did that in the late 80s when Turner And Hooch was released months before K9 with the two studios having no knowledge the other was making a similar film previously.

I don't think movies are set out to inform us of a future event, it's just the creation of a single person with an idea and Hollywood and other places where movies are made choose which to finance based on what they think will do well in sales to the general public.

No conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

What I couldn't understand is why movie makers in Hollywood would risk 2 movies of the same background during the same time period?

Hollywood did that in the late 80s when Turner And Hooch was released months before K9 with the two studios having no knowledge the other was making a similar film previously.

I don't think movies are set out to inform us of a future event, it's just the creation of a single person with an idea and Hollywood and other places where movies are made choose which to finance based on what they think will do well in sales to the general public.

No conspiracies.

Maybe not...but i wasn't meaning every movie in general as the examples you gave... but none-the-less....completely possible that there's no conspiracies....guess that's what led me down this path and on this site...searching for the truth. you must be on the same path in your search as well, or else you wouldn't be on this site too. so good luck to you in your search.

thanks for taking the time to read and comment....

greg

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well, I did look up the year of the asteroid scenario...1998. and in 1994 we had the closest asteroid known without hitting us and it came within 65,000 miles of us. So my thought process goes as follows. NASA think tank...DoD sitting in... NSA National Defense...whomever...the question obviously is asked...why didn't we see this...and what are we gonna do next time. So the "THINK TANK" begins figuring out solutions. The proposed solutions being,,..1) land on it and blow it up 2) detonate beside it 3) use a solar parachute or 4) nothing.

They figure out that right now...in the immediate time frame that using a nuclear bomb to hopefully move it's course is the quickest and most efficient way, why...because we don't even know if we can land on an asteroid....

Government says...okay....hollywood...need some movies talking about what a big disaster asteroids hitting the earth will be....that they've caused extinction before....etc etc... discuss this all in the movies and use these solutions to make us survive....bam...2 movies out with 2 winning scenarios....both mind you were confirmed after the movies as being the governments plan.

fast forward now....we have landed a probe on an asteroid. maybe things have changed now that we know more about them....i don't know. i do know that we've studied them up close and personal now....

go even further...use the movie "knowing"....NASA THINK TANK says...a few years back...hey...every 11 years the sun flips it's poles and major solar flare activity takes place. sometimes it affects us...sometimes it don't...depending on the direction of the flares....etc.... Government says ...well what's the possible damage....answer...bad x9 or whatever classification flares get can knock out communications...power..could be a huge EMP knocking everything out. We haven't experienced anything worse than in 1908 (i think) when solar flares burned down telegraph wires and communications. But that doesn't mean they can't be worse....

Government says...okay. put out worst case scenario movie....governments survive ...rest of population done and burned up. I don't know...maybe a stretch on that one cause aliens came down and took people away to start civilization elsewhere....but sh*t....maybe that's what's going on.....

But I think that maybe they look at history...or "near misses" or even future possibilities based on scientific evidence...develop their safety plan and put out a movie showing worst case scenarios and the ways we could possibly win or survive. so I think the chicken and egg scenario continues and applies indirectly to our thought process.....the movie all depends on the situation and what the government is willing to allow out there.

this past year for instance there had to be at least 6 or 8 alien movies. why? doesn't make sense from the stand point of being a movie producer.

very nice, sorry havent been back sooner, didnt feel well the last day and a half lol, but i was thinking and your approach sounds very good, and well, maybe they dont have all the answers and they are counting on movie reviews to give them some more ideas !

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

so you believe tetrahedral physics is the key to travel, time bending or manipulating....where are you going with it??? I mean if you think about it...if you are thinking it in terms of time travel or worm holes...movies have been made about these things as well.... but if the news broke tomorrow and they said...hey...we've figured out how to spin magnets, create vortices by rapidly switching magnetic fields creating 4D...what would you say? wow...that's cool. guess we've seen it before. it wouldn't be too much of a shocker.

just the other day i read an interesting article in the paper and they had a brief 1 minute blip on the news about folks that have learned to bend light thus allowing an event to disappear. the example they used was someone stealing a painting in a museum and you're looking at one moment at the picture and the next moment the picture is gone...what they've figured out is they have an event happen and it is never seen...i.e. the man walks in to the museum and walks out with the painting and was never seen....

obviously they were far away from this scenario because they only made a pen disappear for like 1/3000th of a second i believe....but theoretically speaking that's what they have started a process towards.

my point being...i wasn't overly surprised or shocked...i've heard about stuff like this from tv and books for years....fiction of course. that's why i think all this fiction entertainment serves a couple purposes....and our government knows and is behind it all...

well time travel or time bending could be a possibility, rare chance maybe someone has either been to our future or come from our future and know what movies to write about to try to warn us about that will be need to know information to think about

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join