It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i upload my pic as my avatar here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ok guys, i have been trying this for ages but still cant get it lol
. How to i upload my pic to this site? so i can use it as my avatar?. I've read the guidelines etc, sized it right, uploaded it to imageshack copied the url but it still wont show?. Then someone told me to leave the url blank and click upload and it will let me pick my pick but i dont have an upload button, only a submit button that will do nothing it seems unless the is already a url of my image put in place?.
So how does this work lol
,sorry for being such a newb here but i always got my avatar up no prob on other sites

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I dont think you can upload from image shack, although I might be wrong.

The way I do it is:
1) have the desired picture on your computer desktop or an image folder or some other folder on your computer.
2) Log in to ATS. Go to "tools" on the top bar of the ATS page, then click "ATS uploads."
3) When that page loads, click the "select image file" button on the far left. a box will pop up with the files on your computer. Navigate to the desired image file, press OK.
4) It automatically loads and a thumbnail appears to the right.
edit on 1/12/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you i finally got it
so thank you so much and a star for you my friend
, id give you more but it seems i cant till you post again lol

edit on 12-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Every single photo on my computer says the file is too big fo the ATS avatar requirement, canno figure out how to make it fit, any suggestion? Lol. I can build a house from start to finish, but place a pic as a avatar, ....

Forget a bout it, lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

According to the Avatar guidelines for ATS:

"GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size) "

You can change the size of your image by opening the file in "edit" mode or in a program like Paint that would be on most PCs. For example, right-click on the image icon on your computer, then choose "edit." Some kind of editing program will pop up. Look at the top bar, there will be some way to either reduce the size by a certain percent, or to specify pixel size, and you can do it either way.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

and there is your 2nd star from me my friend for being so helpful

edit on 12-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join