It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every star has at least one earth sized planet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
G'day Everyone,

Here's something I just came across........interesting!

www.bbc.co.uk...

Every star twinkling in the night sky plays host to at least one planet, a new study suggests.

That implies there are some 10 billion Earth-sized planets in our galaxy. Wow!

Could this be another subtle "hey, there is planets just like ours, with people just like us" suggestion.

E.T will soon phone home......................

Little by little..........

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
They are conditioning us. By the time E.T. lands on the White House lawn, we'll have heard so much like this, the general sentiment will be to ask what took him so long to get here. lol... Well I'm all for disclosure, so whatever gets us there sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

They a feeding us all this info now to get us ready for when they come i think.
But then imo they have been here all along just didnt show them selfs, cos they was told we would get freaked out etc maybe??

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

How do you know aliens dont look exactly like us?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Fair point all....

I believe the same, it really does seem as though we are being drip fed info every week. Quite literally in the last 6 months there has been a lot of new "discoveries" that only a few years ago would be science fiction. I'm looking forward to the next 6 months!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Maybe they do? Must admit, I have met some odd people in my time. In fact, there is one guy I work with who up until the other day didn't know what velcro was!!!......no Sh5t!!!! The look on his face was amazing, the look on mine was even better!!!!!!! How can you not have seen velcro before?????? (Honest this is no joke)

edit on 12-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
And something they don't tell people about (but have known for thousands of years) is that the Sun's in all their systems cycle planets through the system from the outside to inside. ALL systems that have Sun's do this apparently. This has been referred to as "The Sacred Path of Migration of the Planets" by the Ancients. The planets in all the systems actually migrate INWARDS in their spiritual evolution and journeying, jumping one orbit inwards each time after several thousands of years of relative quiet. This process is called "punctuated equilibrium" by some scientists (geophysicists etc). All the planets with magnetosphere's BIRTH THEIR CORES BEFORE THEY JUMP ORBIT as well. And that's just the start...

motherearthfathersky.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aaronez

Whaoo, I'm trying to get my head around that..........might take me a while...

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aaronez

Care to explain the physics on how that works?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ive said it before in theses forums and I will say it again. The secret of the universe is that there is not only life out there there is life everywhere . With billions of stars in our on galaxy and untold billions of galaxies in the known universe each with their own billions of stars there will be countless trillions of inhabitable planets, very many with life very many with life forms that could be 1, 2, or 100 million years in advance of us. Get used to this we will be hearing more soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Can't wait buddy. My mind is just bombarded with images and thoughts. It's gotta be one of the coolest things hey? To say we are not alone is just plain stooopid! Bring it on.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They're not conditioning us.

As the technology increases, so does our knowledge of what's beyond our own solar system.

It's really that simple.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Yeah as much as I would like to think they are probably not "conditioning" us. Although, I agree life will be everywhere... There is no reason to think not unless you are religeous. Maybe we won't find intelligent life as us right away, but maybe we will find what you would call "animals" on earth.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I read that article earlier and it scared the crap out of me. I believe we are not alone. But as i sat at work and actually thought about the billions and billions of planets and stars out there, it intrigued me. I mean these stars and planets are light years away. Who knows how many planets have life on them, how many of them are more advanced as us. As much as i love to think out of the box and know we are not alone. I can see now (just alittle) why they might want to keep this locked up from the whole world. Do i agree with them? no way.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rayray01

Yeah, I got your point. That is a sh5t load of planets. I have always thought that if they can get here, right from the outset they have one up on us! Earth.....nowhere to hide. Still, I would love them to say "all aboard!"

Still, what would you eat?.....Snickers don't last long.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I believe allot of them do, from some planets the is no reason to believe they couldn't have life just like our own.
I believe the is planets out there with life just like ours, i believe the is planets out there with life much different then ours.
I also believe the is planets with life thats less evolved then us, and planets with life thats much more evolved .
No reason to believe you couldnt even have a twin on another planet hahaha
edit on 12-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Absolutely , this is the whole reason that there is a universe to set the conditions for intelligent life.Right now there are uncountable civilisations throughout the universe going about their daily lives just like us ( they may not look like us). They will all have their own histories and their own religions.There will be good and bad. Lets hope more good than bad. Many will have come and gone like the Mayans. Many will be not as advanced as us very many will be so far in advance of us that their technology would be incomprehensible to us. It is not past reasonable reasoning to assume some of these very advanced civilisations have worked out how to travel huge distances in the blink of an eye.Just look how far we have come in the last 100 years from horse and cart to Concorde space shuttle etc. Thats in 100 years these civilisations could be millions of years ahead of us. The mind boggles how advanced they could be.This is why I believe there maybe some genuine ufo sightings, I rule nothing out and have an open mind.
edit on 12-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

So true and i give you a star for that my friend
we are not alone

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Could this be another subtle "hey, there is planets just like ours, with people just like us" suggestion.

Or maybe it's real research from real researchers who don't jump to conclusions even if they want to believe them?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I just have to be that annoying pedantic boring idiot...

Actually the article says that every star has a planet ,statistically. there are stars without planets and there are stars with several planets. Some have Earth-sized planets in habitable zone. Statistically it gives:

10 billion Earth-sized planets in our galaxy

There are several hundred billions stars in Milky Way.
Sorry, but i just had to....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join