It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Your Reality May Be Virtual IF...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you see any of the following phenomena your reality may be virtual.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Interesting to think about, especially as it relates to our future. However, I've got one basic problem with this. Everything you see...that's a concept I can grasp, particularly when and as it relates to a dream state. But what about everything you touch...and feel? That's where I sort of lose it. And things do exist when I'm not looking at them? Eek.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
S&F for that, very interesting!

It's kind of scary when they mention that loading large programs makes the world appear to slow down somewhat. Ever listened to a song while lying down, and noticed that it seems awfully faster or slower than usual? Perhaps this could explain it? Perhaps it could explain that feeling you get, when you feel like hours have passed, when really only 30 minutes have?

I always seem to get this "slowing down" when I am extremely tired. This, in conjunction with a poster in another thread theorising that tiredness is our "programmer" forcing us to "sleep" so as to load us with new data, makes for some very scary possibilities.

Then again, it could be complete drivel, I guess we'll find out after death, or if this virtual reality is real, then we'll never find out.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This seems to be based on the Leonard Susskind theory of the World as a Hologram, which is backed up by alot of science, but is still just a Theory atm.

Here is the full lecture if you want to understand the underlying science. This guy is real pedagogic.

edit on 12-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well you can touch things when you are in a dream also.

And it can exist when you aren't looking at it -at least partly. And the program behind it all is still there regardless, though not located in physical space.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I think I've seen that one before. It was real interesting. This is another good one.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Pticreply to post by ~Lucidity

Just like sight, touch is just another physical sense. Its a qualatative, quantative signal sent from nerves, then received and interpreted by the brain... Just the same as cones and rods in your eye are used to sense an image and send that wignal through the optic nerve... Etc. All 5 senses can be reduced to a signal that is perceived by the brain.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Problem is, if we are able to use technology to discover that the universe is not a virtual world how can we prove the controller/programmer of the VR world didn't trick us into this discovery by manipulating the technology.

A question first pondered by Descartes and by philosophers ever since.

S&F btw.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

"if we are able to use technology to discover that the universe is not a virtual world how can we prove the controller/programmer of the VR world didn't trick us into this discovery by manipulating the technology."

Well fortunately we managed to side-step that one, because our technology allowed us to discover that it is IN FACT virtual!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

"All 5 senses can be reduced to a signal that is perceived by the brain."

What is real? How do you define real? If by real you mean...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

thanks for this now i have even less idea what my next move is going to be

if i stay in bed ill definatly be in another reality when i fall asleeep
and
if i get out of the bed i might still be in the same reality asleep but out of the bed
or i could get out of the bed now without falling asleep and then ill be in another reality i cant be convinced is real..

thanks alot

or you could be asleep dreaming that im in bed asleep or awake.

thanks
my head hurts
thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Wanna blow he theory away? Look in a mirror or take a picture behind you, it will look exactly the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by Ajax84

Wanna blow he theory away? Look in a mirror or take a picture behind you, it will look exactly the same.

That's hardly a valid argument. If the world was indeed virtual, then a mirror would be programmed to show exactly what is programmed to be behind the person looking into the mirror. It would be like merging a database with a spreadsheet, only you would be merging the data of what should be in the "room" with the "mirror."

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

Well fortunately we managed to side-step that one, because our technology allowed us to discover that it is IN FACT virtual!

Does God use Windows, Mac or Linux?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Is this just something for us to sign up to second life? since that was the last thing in the video before you do the test? why could we not just do the test without signing up for an account with 2nd life?, and btw ive tried both just for the laugh as i am very open minded but none gave me the results you said so i call fake sorry dude...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You posted this garbage the other day in this same forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods close this please.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Please do not create duplicate threads.

One thread please.

Thread closed.

top topics

join