It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poll has Newt CONrich Surging in South Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Newt surging in South Carolina

The InsiderAdvantage poll of South Carolina likely Republican primary voters shows Newt Gingrich surging, coming within a statistical tie of Mitt Romney.

The poll of 726 registered voters was completed Wednesday night and offered the following results:

Romney -- 23 percent

Gingrich -- 21 percent

Santorum -- 14 percent

Paul -- 13 percent

Huntsman -- 7 percent

Perry -- 5 percent

"New Hampshire and Iowa have had little impact on the race in South Carolina," Matt Towery, chief pollster of InsiderAdvantage, told Newsmax.

"In this survey Ron Paul is substantially less significant, freeing up independent voters to vote for other candidates who they consider more viable," Towery said, adding, "Gingrich has moved ahead of Santorum in competitive advantage."

InsiderAdvantage's final poll has never missed the winner in a South Carolina race, according to Towery.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I dont trust any of these early polls, lets wait a week or so and see how things play out in the next debate. It'll be all over SC and hopefully people will see through Romney. Iowa and NH have shown that Paul has a strong following and although Romney won he isnt doing as good as he thought. Who wins SC and by how much will be an important factor imo. These next few primaries/caucuses will set the tone for "super Tuesday", Ron needs to get above 30% soon. I predict Gingrich, Huntsman or Santorum will be shown polling well as viable second places to Romney and it will just be the same anti-Paul media hype as usual. I think this will have influence but thats why theyre down there now fighting back!
edit on 12-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowmyst

He just appeals to the hicks because he looks like boss hog.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't trust these polls very much, most polls had Paul ending up with 17% in NH. Santorum is a non factor.

new topics

top topics

join