It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Advantage of Five Things Before Five Others Occur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
"Take advantage of five things before five others occur:
Your youth before you grow old.
Your health before you become sick.
Your money before you become poor.
Your leisure before you become busy.
Your life before you die."

(Muhammad, Narrated by 'Amr bin Maymun al-'Awdi, Book of At-Tirmidhi)

Hello ATS, may Peace be upon us all.
This is a quote (hadith) attributed to Muhammad ibn Abdullah. I contains wisdom for much personal reflection. I just wanted to share it with you all.

edit on 1/12/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Dear Sahabi,

May blessings rain on you and your family, peace to your mind, love to your heart, and strength to your arm.

"Love works so in me that whether things go well or badly, love turns all to one sweetness. . ." (Commentary Applied to Spiritual Things -- St. John of the Cross)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

wish i would have read this 20 years ago

listen to him people, im only 32 and im down to the last two! and the busy part, well im only not busy right now because im disabled. so also dont take it for granted that you can be busy.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hello brother. What a beautiful quote. I am currently reading through the Holy Quran. Although I am a Christian, this is a beautiful book and Islam is quite a beautiful religion when not taken to fundamentalist extremes, just as Christianity. What specific books / verses of the Quran would you recommend to a Christian brother? Peace be with you !

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hello Charles. Thank you for such beautiful words! As you wish upon me, may you also be blessed.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

Good afternoon N3v3rmor3

Often we fail to appreciate, be grateful, or thankful for our blessings until they are gone. "You don't know what you got 'till it's gone."

May you be strengthened with your lacking. Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Peace be unto you Iason321. It's good that you are researching outside of your own religion. Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave, and allow truth to shine no matter what the source.

I am a Muslim as much as I am a Christian, a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Luciferian, an Agnostic, a Gnostic, and an Atheist.

A few of my favorite verses from the Qur'an are;

"So when I have made him (Adam or Mankind) complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down making obeisance to him." Qur'an 15:29

"So when I have made him (Adam or Mankind) complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down submitting to him." Qur'an 38:72

"Say He is Allah, One. Allah, the Eternal, the Absolute. He begets not, nor was He begotten, and there is none comparable to Him." Qur'an 112

Find truth and wisdom wherever you can, but beware of the thorns hidden amongst the roses.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

ty kindly
and your post is very nice i like it, and yes i am much stronger for what i am now

top topics

join