It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muammar Gaddafi Voted As Human Rights Hero Of The Year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Amnesty International is getting a taste of Karma and reality: Muammar Gaddafi is leading the Human Right Hero of 2011 award of Amnesty International USA's online poll

Many people in the world are happy to see Muammar Gaddafi on the top of voting for the "Human Rights Hero of 2011" award, after he had been due to receive a United Nations award for his contribution to human rights, but instead one month before it was due, the United Nations allowed bankrupted western countries to wage a massive war on Libya, killing over 100,000 and razing entire cities to the ground, while the media focused on the spreading of rumors and disinformation

I for one am glad that Muammar Gaddafi is leading in the votes, as the accomplishments he done for Libya and the Libyan people is phenomenal. One point i found interesting in the article was that Gaddaffi was originally going to recieve a Human Rights award one month before the whole 'uprising' happened. What does ATS think about this?

www.mathaba.net...

edit on 11-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I knew about this beforehand also, it seems the whole war was a set up as it would have been harder to kill him after he got the award. Harder swaying the public opinion into accepting the war.

I see Ron Paul is also way up there

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I agree 100%. The man did so much for the lybians. His own father died before he had a house in lybia because ghadaffi VOWED to house every single lybian before his own parents. Lybia was the STANDARD of how a country should take care of their citizens, and they were self sustained with ZERO debt! RIP ghadafi

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i've heard of awesome things he did for his people...he deserves it.

2nd comment:

obama = dictator

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is interesting, and I agree that Gaddafi did good things for his country.

Are there any other sources about this Amnesty poll? And are there any documents from the UN to confirm they were going to actually going to give him an award?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

Here mate:

The report (PDF) said that the Gadhafi regime protected “not only political rights, but also economic, social and cultural rights,” praised it for the nation’s treatment of religious minorities, and the “human rights training” received by security forces.

news.antiwar.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If all the stuff I have heard about this min is true (I think most is) the end that this man recieved is just so ridiculous

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Indeed it is. He wanted to make a better world for everyone, and he had great plans.

The TPTB just couldn´t accept that he would eat into their economy with instigating his own currency to be used in oil trades, since it would not be locked down by their central banking system.

They had to fabricate some storys about him killing civilians, and then have CIA instigate an uprising called the "rebellion" funded by U.S taxpayer money, to get a foot in. From there they could bomb and kill his regime at their leisure.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
And now the plot thickens yet again. In trying to give my support I find out that the poll has been closed early and there is no mention of this Hero of the Year on Amnesty's website mathaba.net...

Shame Amnesty Shame...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Another light of the world snuffed out before its full potential was allowed to shine forth for others and expose the darkness around us.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well deserved by Khadafi. His refusal to accept fiat money was what drove the Western powers to destroy Libya.
You've got to love how bad it makes his assassins look, shows us for the thugs we are - sending in Al Qaeda to do the dirty work while we drop thousands of taxpayer-financed bombs on civilian populations.
Seeing the smiling face of Hillary when she heard the news literally made me sick to my stomach. Ditto for Bin Ladin.
Syria will go down the same way if we don't stop our governments.
To think mankind had more rights 4,000 years ago under Hammurabi than we do now.
Kinda throws a monkeywrench in the theory of evolution.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow...why is it that all I have in my head is that he is some dirtbag terrorist leader? Thanks media!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Cheers. Just shows you that the UN are also just a horrible, lying, murdering, backstabbing, oil hungry, money grabbing and corrupt organization.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The fact that every single Libyan was able to broadcast the events of the uprising via their mobiles and social networking sites tells me that things weren't so bad! The same couldn't be said for China.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ignore the crap advert and just watch the first 20 seconds of the video. Look at how the NWO map will become.

I assume that TPTB were ordering Gaddafi to comply or die with the NWO map. It seems Gaddafi didn't obey the order from the elite and was assassinated.

news.sky.com... =World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15417112_Muammar_Al_Gaddafi_Tells_Sky_Libya_Is_Sorry_For_1984_Death_Of_Yvonne_Fletcher

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i've had a google search for more information on this that ISN'T on a conspiracy / libyan site and found no evidence of this to be true. Can anyone see any msm news on this, or at least an impartial source. I find it surprising that this news is limited to 'select' pro Gadaffi sites if it is true.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe

Are there any other sources about this Amnesty poll? And are there any documents from the UN to confirm they were going to actually going to give him an award?

Is there any document to proof that americans are killing civilians round the world for fun? I for one dont need that proof...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe

Amnesty International is embarrassed by the poll results because she was one of the organizations asking for a "no fly zone". Obviously there is a connection between Amnesty International and the White House, I would be happy if someone points out what that connection is.

Amnesty International took the live poll results down, but you can still see it through Google Cache or just check this video:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonred
i've had a google search for more information on this that ISN'T on a conspiracy / libyan site and found no evidence of this to be true. Can anyone see any msm news on this, or at least an impartial source. I find it surprising that this news is limited to 'select' pro Gadaffi sites if it is true.

Please, don't find it surprising, I beg you, if you find this surprising then you are still in the process of waking up. This isn't surprising one bit, at least not for me, I have seen the Western media keep a tight lip about so many facts regarding Libya that it isn't even funny. It isn't suppose to be funny anyways, it is suppose to gain the support of the population, to rally behind bloodshed and destruction.

Please understand how the US or Western media works in the vicinity of war. The media has no right to distance itself from the Government's point of view. If other points of views are published, they are supposed to be published as a doubted view.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
it sure makes a lot more sense than Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

It's a funny world we live in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join