It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current FLAG system is seriously flawed !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Personally, I think the issue is "stars" more than flags. We really need a way to give negative feedback to some responses.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Sometimes I will go to the thread originator's profile, where I can quickly see the flag and unique reply counts. This can give a somewhat better gauge of popularity, than just flag count alone.

What might be helpful, would be to have the reply count displayed near the flag count, on each page of the thread. Even better would be to also include the number of unique posters in the thread, since sometimes there are several pages of an argument between a few posters, which are very repetitious.

In any case, these numbers aren't completely reliable for identifying quality threads. Many, many great threads get lost in the shuffle, because they scroll off the lists so quickly, or they are generated during off-peak hours.
edit on 12-1-2012 by WTFover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Many, many great threads get lost in the shuffle, because they scroll off the lists so quickly, or they are generated during off-peak hours.

So true. I make threads sometimes in off hours, I work banker's hours, and I miss the "prime time" on ATS often, after I tackle "real life" tasks and have my life settled, before I can log on at night and surf the interwebs.

I interject new threads in off hours. I'm not for popularity, I'm for posting information.

I can link back to them at any time. No problem.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join