It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 11: Hidden Antarctic SOPA Species

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You never know what you'll find when you go swimming in polar waters.  New species have been found in deep-sea hot springs off the coast of Antarctica and they could help us understand how marine creatures populate within the worlds oceans. If you really needed to get away from a populated area quick, where would the best place to go be? If not already thought about, you may want to secure a plan in the case of a zombie apocalypse.  Take advice from Oscar Bartholomew and you'll see what happens when you hug a cop on vacation in Grenada.  SOPA and PIPA are a direct threat to everyone who enjoys the internet.  Take action as it's your right and do so, hurry up before our freedoms are no longer.  Enjoy the show, you can catch up with Bryan now on Twitter @ATSRecapBryan.

(click to open player in new window)

Thread Antarctic Hot Springs yields ghostly new species

Response Member showintail Response

Response Member YouAreLiedTo Response

Response Member YivGaundumbaff Response

Response Member openeye Response

Response Member isyeye Response

Response Member clintdelicious Response

Thread Best Places to hole up if things go south

Response Member G146541 Response

Response Member GetReadyAlready Response

Response Member Expat888 Response

Response Member AlreadyGone Response

Response Member My.mind.is.mine Response

Response Member sweetnlow Response

Thread Man beaten to death after hugging a cop

Response Member quietlearner Response

Response Member Defcon5 Response

Response Member Themindwar Response

Response Member Budda Response

Thread How SOPA could kill ATS and free speech online

Thread Boycott SOPA: An Android app that terrifies publishers and politicians

Response Member satron Response

Response Member CALGARIAN Response

Response Member Trexter Ziam Response

Response Member davespanners Response

Thread Boycott SOPA: An Android app that terrifies publishers and politicians

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
LMAO @ "New Zealand, a long swim for zombies" How very reassuring Brian!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh thanks for that. I didn't know about Gazroks thread, interesting seeing what members ideas are in that situation.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

hah - that's one of my all time favorite responses within that thread...There's quite a few good ideas that people have!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Excellent production.

(I caught TSHTF slip.)

Bryan, crew, keep it coming.

I like how you are mentioning a lot more members comments. That helps to make it more real, and people get to hear their usernames in the recaps. Good addition.

I also noticed you are switching between short recaps and longer ones. That's a sound idea on the crew's behalf, as it mixes it up and keeps us guessing.

Very broad slice of ATS. The way it should be.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think topic writer makes some of the best threads on ats. This one is no different. Nice.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Can't wait for the responses to come rolling in on this one. Well done, keep up the hard work.
2nd: awsome stuff, will be ready and waiting

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To the ATS staff:

The host Brian is slow paced, and does not appeal or attract sympathy.
He has no credibility, and the "jokes and quotes", makes people perceive all topics without seriousness to the issues.

I miss the old Sir. Anonymous ...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've forgot: Brian, quit the "Mr. Miyagi hands"...
You look like an old lady with elbow problems.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Now that the truth is viral is back i am enjoying ats recap.
The timing of recap coming at the same time as oldcorps show took a vacation had me with my fingers crossed hoping it would not replaced.I suspect that views of the recap will increase now that things are back to normal.

By all means keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

Its ok - life in the matrix can make one not see so straight - are you sure your not watching a rerun of the golden girls in b/n our recaps?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by codegreenspace

killed it?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
To the ATS staff:

The host Brian is slow paced, and does not appeal or attract sympathy.
He has no credibility, and the "jokes and quotes", makes people perceive all topics without seriousness to the issues.

I miss the old Sir. Anonymous ...

Your comment deserves a response.

I take issue with the "credibility" comment. Bryan is not producing these threads, he's "recapping" them. He's a host. His credibility is a non-issue.

If you've taken the time to watch all the episodes, you'd see that they are still experimenting with the format a bit, tweaking things as they go, and producing an "evolving" summary of ATS. They have 4-6 minutes to produce a quick essence of ATS, and the subject matter they address has proven to be both dated and current. That is a good thing. There have been surprises in every episode after the first one, and they are relying upon our feedback, partially, and thinking outside the box, massively.

As a free-thinker, I am proud of the fact that ATS sends us something different and unique in our u2u box. I watch, and give my reaction accordingly. That's all I can do. I'm honest.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
I've forgot: Brian, quit the "Mr. Miyagi hands"...
You look like an old lady with elbow problems.

I will admit to starring this post but only because it made me laugh out loud. You would rather have Former-USSR style TV reporting? Cold, stiff and (e)motionless?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I must admit, this is the first episode of ATS Recap I have watched. I really enjoyed this. Thank you ATS and Bryan, our recapper.

I'm a bit old school and tend to enjoy the written word more often than video, so I have put off viewing an episode for that reason alone. During the precious time I get to come to ATS, there always seems to be oodles of threads I wish I had gotten to. I just couldn't tear myself away from the amazing threads on ATS to watch videos very often. My teenagers playing nerf football (loudly) in my living room because there is snow and wind outside, may also have something to do with the sound quality I get in my playful household.

Thank you also for the information you shared in this ATS Recap, especially about the serious problems with the Stop On-line Piracy Act. I was able to learn a few things (even having done a lot of reading) from your highlights and hear what members had to say - very representative and relevant comments.
Thanks for the shout-out as well.

And those hidden Antarctic species...well I'll be. Cool.

Thanks again, and I will add this to my viewing list...between touchdown victories and demands for a review of the play, echoing from the living room. I hear there's a thing called headphones, but as the senior official on the field, one has to be turned in with whistle ready.

Peace and carry on.

top topics

join