It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your State Lottery, is it Legit or is it a Conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The thing i have often wondered is with current school districts throughout the U.S. in total collapse and underbudget, where is all this funny money that was suppose to help them, say when the Powerball hits 250 million as it sometime does

Good thread op, this complex question has been in the back of my mind for many years now. Especially when, i think it was Minnesota, on the very last day that the numbers could be claimed, an unknown person, mailed his lottery ticket in?

Something is definetly fishy in China town, persay.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

As far as the numberr of multi hit winners.
Odds are funny things. Think of it this way. Pick up a dice and roll it six times. You should roll a six by the odds right? Not really each time you roll the dice the odds are 1:6 you will roll the six. If you roll it again the odds dont change they are always 1:6. So you could roll the dice 6 times and hit the 6 each time or none. There are all kinds of variables to consider with multi winners. They may have a "system" that works for their particular game. The balls that are used for the drawings are not "perfect" I dont know much about that side of the house but I know they are manufactured so they cannot be perfect circles and density. It stands to reason that a set of balls used in a drawing would develope a pattern over a long span of time. If the balls are not changed out that would lead to a level of predicability even if its subtle. It could also be the machine or enviromental conditions in the studio that does the drawings that cause patterns to emerge. I dont think that someone who wins multiple times should alarm you unless they could somehow be tied to an employee who has access to the game. And dont think for one second that winners are not investigated. We do. That is not to say that someone cannot hide the fact that they won. There have been cases where a legal team accepted the winnings on behalf of a blind trust. Investigators could not learn the identity of the owner behind that blind trust. The winnings were accepted and then the blind trust desolved after the winnings were transfered. The taxes were taken out prior to payout of the lump sum prize.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Many states set up educational lotteries and they do indeed contribute to the education budget. (Georgia, SC for instance) Many however later alter the law and the funds are placed into the general fund and "earmarked" for education. Since some of the money does indeed continue to make it to the education budget they can still call it an "education" lottery but most get sucked up by other government projects or costs like pension funds.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join