It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS,government controlled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Rather strange how videos are taken down upon youtube,yet conspiracy websites run free..

Something clicked today and maybe conspiracy websites such as this one are generally owned by the government to induce fear and believe it or not,use our own conspiracies for their own designs..

Same as Anon,they are used as a weapon,they dont exist..origionally,they were used governmently to 'attack;' their own companies/organisations to gain more money..and yet the media state they are completely against the government,and what owns the media..maybe even using them to unite enough people to use that excuse to bring in martial law,its do-able..

They allow ATS to run to induce fear on what they can do/might be able to do..

For all i/you/everyone know..government is the owner of this site..

No source,just a theory

edit on 11-1-2012 by Winged-Sphinx because: dunno..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If that's true; then, our tax dollars ARE put to good use.

And which department or agency of government do you propose runs this site?

My guess: Parks and Recreation

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

For once,my Tax dollars are going to something worthwhile!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh look, it's this thread again. This comes up what, once a week? ATS is not government controlled and if it were, who cares?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh no! Not this again...
(please search on this)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You need to chat with Skeptic.

I am sure that if he is around he will stop by.......

That is if your thrread is not 404'd first.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Peeps will do anything to get a personal autograph from SO

So, what do you think boss? NDAA - FEMA camp or automatic assassination?

Tough decision.

Just make sure he's not on the certified Zombie-Voter list.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
dont click it, it uploads your HD to the CIA servers.
i'm so glad i bought all that tin foil.
edit on 11-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

That is freakin' hilarious!!

how can I make a cointelpro image linky too

damn your super powers lol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I dont think the OP realized the owner of the site is here and watching (above ^ posting). Not a "they" or "it'... but a "he". And I wouldnt go around accusing him of being on the "take" by the government.

All hail our leader-"Skeptic Overlord."!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Please sign in for debriefing.
www.intelink.gov...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Not ANOTHER debriefing! We're up to our ears in de-briefing orders.

Oh, okay, if you insist ... shall we bring the tapes as well or can we keep them to pass on to wikileaks?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

ATS is NOT a government website. It was started as an alternative news source site by SO, Springer, Crakeur, and Simon Gray....I think they were the ones. They have presented US, the ATS community with the space, the forums, the resources, the servers and many other things to discuss everything from current political issues, to full blown tin foil hat wearing subject matter.
One of the first things ATS discussed was 9-11. And it has evolved from there to the LARGEST alternative news site on the internet today.
For statistics and more info on this see here and here.

There are over 13,000,000 total posts on 781,000 different threads. Of course there is moderation that goes on. Often not enough, but the mods here do an excellent job in trying to keep up with all the new topics, posts and members.

Some topics are allowed which I wish weren't...lol. Because some people are idiots and can't have decent discussions. Other topics I wish were allowed but aren't for the same reasons.

You wanna know why ATS isn't government controlled or run? It's too organized. The owners, admins, super mods and mods do too good of a job for the government to have anything to do with it. In fact, I'd say a large portion of topics here on ATS deal with government incompetence in one way or another. I seriously doubt the US government would allow such free discussion of certain issues. Especially ones involving sitting Presidents.

This topic comes up quite frequently. It finally dawned on me a couple of months ago why some people seem to think ATS is government run. ATS is about Denying Ignorance. The government itself...and not just the US government are often quite ignorant. To put it another way...ATS is a place for people like you and me to ...for lack of a better term..."fight the man." The problem is...you fight the man long enough, eventually you have the potential of becoming the man yourself.

ATS does to an extent disallow certain discussions to go on here. Most things are allowed though. But small one line posts that add nothing to the thread, or personal bashing of others on here isn't allowed. Some people claim it is because of money. In a way it is. If there is nothing but rampant stupidity everywhere you look here, this site would no longer be the top and the best at doing what it does. I think even some of the owners would like some topics to be able to be discussed, but they never can without it breaking down into ignorance.

ATS doesn't pay for itself...and having as many servers and techs to manage those servers costs money.. And advertisers don't like having their products advertised in the middle of a 3 ring circus and name calling matches.

I had a history professor in college who used to like to say " eventually revolutionaries become conservatives." In a way that has become true here too. Yeah...it's still sort of a fringe site. But it moves lots of traffic. So the owners have had to become conservative to an extent. At least about certain things. But there is nothing on ATS that could be considered as construing fear that you can't find in the mainstream media today.

Maybe ATS has been "fighting the man" too long...and now some people believe they are the man. But I assure you, if ATS were government controlled many forums wouldn't exist here which already do. And there would be way more moderation/censorship than there is. I have been wanting to say this for several months now in a thread like this..but they usually get 404'd before I can reply.

I appreciate the fact ATS gives us a place to discuss issues that need discussing. There have been several mainstream newsworthy events that broke here on ATS before anywhere else.
So to SO, Springer, Simon and the rest of the ATS staff....I just want to say thank you for allowing this site to exist. I may not always agree with the rules...and have myself been in trouble here once or twice, but there are rules for a reason. I doubt a government site would have such rules. And to those staff I mentioned above, thanks again for being

Now next time someone want's to claim ATS is government owned, they really need a video of Obama or Congress saying it is...cause I don't believe it for one second...and most other members don't either.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Not necessarily owned by the govt, maybe some corporation, in a fascist state corporations and govt are basically the same thing.

edit on 12-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It was only a theory,a case of what if..there was no need for gloat lol.

Of course i know the mod is looking..but the fact that people dont even consider or even think 'maybe' then its just typical arrogance.

My theory had no sources,just mere thinking from being on this site for a while aswell as the research and understanding of things over the years.

Besides,you coulnt say it wasnt possible..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
the fact that people dont even consider or even think 'maybe' then its just typical arrogance.

Arrogance from those who scoff at your insults? Really?

My theory had no sources

Then you admit to posting an unfounded, unsourced, and ill-considered insult at me, my co-owners, our staff, and our members? How cute.

as the research and understanding of things over the years.

Your research and understanding stinks.

Besides,you coulnt say it wasnt possible..

I can because it's not.

new topics

top topics

join