It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

area 51 map

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomodachi
well from what ur saying there is enouth evadence to make it "public" to do something about it, and for the goverment to actually confess about the conspericys.

Actually, it is "public" and the government does "confess" it's existance. If you look on un-classified military maps of southern Nevada, you will see a range labeled "Area 51, Nellis Air Force Base." There is also an area 50 and an area 52. They dont mark structures on the map, however, just its existance.

I think, if i was govermetn and there where photo shop drawings of secert places that were quite accurate.. i would stop that.

I am willing to bet that half of all ATSers have that map saved on their hard drive now, along with probably tens of thousands of other people. How are they going to stop something like that and why? Right now, the official position is that it is a classified aircraft development site, so why make it something bigger by stoping the spread of these maps?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Damage Control! When secrets leak, the government limits the damage to national security by reasessing what needs to be protected and what doesn't. Just like the famous Pentagon Press release about Nellis Air Force Range and the Operating Location near Groom Lake. They made a comprmise to try to protect what they saw as a critical secret by simpally admitting to us, what we already knew. With russian Satellite photos of the base easy to find on the internet, they simpally released an "Official" copy of what has been available for years. Nothing new here, just more of the same old tricks!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thats a pretty interesting map to say the least.

It was amazing how they had every building numbered, and how they (at least had a good guest) on which each building contained.

I noticed that there was a swimming pool? Thats pretty random.. anybody have any guesses on what that would be used for? I notice that it was located near training areas, could that be it?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's the middle of the desert dude, the nearest town is a scattering of mobile homes and stuff to the north called Rachel. They need to have a lot of in house rec facilities for the personnel that opt to stay there during the week and not commute back and forth on JANET's every day. Sam's Place, which is the rec facility is immediately to the east of the baseball diamond, its been there since the 60's. They have a bar/restaurant, tennis courts, swimming pool, pretty much anything you'd want. In an unclassified document from the 60's there was an interleague baseball team at Area 51, it played other teams from facilities throughout the Nevada Test Site.

NTS bulletin board paper from the 60's

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
cavscout - I have the maps of Area 51 taped to my credenza above my desk at work!! Makes for good conversation for those who are ignorant to the site. I agree, a lot of people hold those maps!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join