It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chokaku
If we all agree that Christianity is a religion, then saying you hate religion, but love Jesus is a contradiction, is it not? Christian literally means "Christ-Follower." (ken-r-abell.hubpages.com...).
To me, it is obviously a slick, professionally made video and it uses psychological techniques to cause cognitive dissonance, where after viewing the video, people don't know what to believe. Of course I attribute this to a anti-christ conspiracy using poor dupes like this kid to further confuse other young people to be ready to discard their religion, of course only to replace it with a more evil form of religion where they support wars of conquest "for God".

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hold on a second, I thought He didn't like hypocrisy not hate religion.

If you're not a hypocrite but are religious I think He would be pleased. He even said something to the lines of "do what they say but not what they do" concerning the Pharisees.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark

It is sad how much distortion has been applied to the message of Jesus. He came to us to abolish traditional religion and promote spirituality, but instead countless religions have sprung up that worship and idolize him. And in order to get some sort of discussion going, please comment on the video. Do you think that Jesus Christ would destroy all modern forms of Christianity if he would be able to see what they have done to his message?

According to the scriptures
"Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’"

"But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

"For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside to fables."

"They profess that they know God, but by their works they deny him, being abominable, disobedient, and unfit for any good work."

"But false prophets also arose among the people, as false teachers will also be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction. Many will follow their immoral ways, and as a result, the way of the truth will be maligned."

The same teachings that are used by Christianity to supposedly justify its sins are still professed in the video though.

As for the name of the head of the Christian church here is something to ponder on Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Christianity is to follow Christ. Its not a religion. Thank you friend for making this post. This is something that people should understand.

Jesus does know about all the crap the world is filled with concerning Christianity. To understand this we must understand "The Kingdom." Its to submit yourself under the dominion of the king. The King being Jesus. I was raised in church but I do not claim any denomination. My background is Apostolic. The particular church I grew up in is a bad place. Wasn't always bad but they try to force you to think the way they do. They label you a heritic if you are different. They are not apart of the kingdom but the church (the one I go to) is nothing more than control. ...And the pastor and his family help themselves to the church money!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by defconzero

When you describe it like that, then it is bad but this is not a good example of what religion is.
Religion is not sitting by yourself and having happy thoughts, it is giving of yourself as Jesus gave of himself for us.
I think it should be an institution but the Bible says you can have an institution of two or three.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join