It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to share the following video that I came across...

It is sad how much distortion has been applied to the message of Jesus. He came to us to abolish traditional religion and promote spirituality, but instead countless religions have sprung up that worship and idolize him. And in order to get some sort of discussion going, please comment on the video. Do you think that Jesus Christ would destroy all modern forms of Christianity if he would be able to see what they have done to his message?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I belive if jesus came back today ,

there would be no christianity .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Do you think that Jesus Christ would destroy all modern forms of Christianity if he would be able to see what they have done to his message?
Wait a second, Christians believe that Jesus is alive and knows exactly what's going on. So no, he wouldn't destroy it simply because he hasn't, if he's real and alive.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Very nice lyrical prose in the video.

If Jesus was here today, Jesus Would Kick Your Preacher's Ass

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow!

I have never heard someone explain my thoughts on religion so well.

I believe in spirituality, not in organised religion and Jesus' teachings were one of obedience to personal salvation and grace.....not the church as a "government style" entity.

Great video.
edit on 11-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To take a wild stab at the question of Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus.
Becaus the idea of jesus is a nice idea for the most part, and religion, all religion is just a moneymaking, enthralling tool for the ptb?
Yeah, I can see that!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

The book of Jude tells us as well as Paul in2nd cor.that there were going to be many false teachers coming threw the side door and would not spare the flock ..We also see within the Jesuit order that they would become a Protestant to infiltrate it and destroy it from inside working as a 5th couloum attack ... The original church was in peoples homes and I think it will go back to that as we near the end .It started when Rome made it law ..before that it wasn't against the law but the only way you can control something is make a law for it, either for or against ....Thanks for posting this ,looking forward to hearing what others have to say ...peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
glad somebody said it. Jesus HATED/HATES religion ,that's why he called the Pharisees and Sadducees white washed sepulchers! That's why he went ballistic and over turned the tables of the money changers. He has plenty to say about shepherds who eat fleece the sheep, or those who lead the little ones astray (brainwash children) for sure he hates religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the sun IS god

you've all been lied to
edit on 11-1-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think he's a poet
But just doesn't know it...

This is actually quite an interesting set of theological contradictions. It's possibly also a contributing factor as to why a lot of people don't go to church anymore.

edit on 11/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo and clarification

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I can't watch the video right now, but if it says what I think it says, it basically mirrors my personal beliefs.

I believe in Jesus, but I H A T E what humans have turned Christianity it into. All of this holier than though, my religion is better than yours, my Jesus can beat up your Jesus stuff just drives me absolutely insane. I used to go to church. A LOT. I went to a lot of different churches too. What I found was that even though people at each church believed in Jesus, many churches thought that people of other churches, many times of the SAME denomination as they were, were going straight to hell in a handbasket because of some small variation in the other churches' beliefs. It was absolutely maddening. Honestly, during my time in church, I thought God hated me. It's been quite a few years since the last time I attended a church service and I can honestly say that I feel closer to God now than I ever have.

To answer your question, I absolutely believe that Jesus would destroy the majority of religion. There are other religions and philosophies that don't include Jesus at all that probably come closer to the teachings of Jesus than most Christian churches preach. I think the best thing that believers in Christ can do is to block out what they are being taught by screaming evangelists and holier than thous and spend some quiet time in prayer or meditation. God gave us brains for a reason and it wasn't so they could be filled with the beliefs and interpretations of people who have their own agenda. Christians were never meant to be the close minded people that most of them have turned in to. (... and as a disclaimer, I said MOST. I am not saying this about ALL Christians.)
edit on 1/11/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Actually, the speaker in the video is complaining about what people do, in the NAME OF religion. Religion does not start wars, people start wars. In fact, there are so many people that "pick and choose" what they believe regarding religion, and the Bible, that it is hard to make any generalization about religion. Jesus did found one church, and He chose Peter as its leader. Over the years, many different groups have claimed that they have the one true church. It reminds me of the Smothers Brothers, and the famous quote "mom always loved you best".
I believe that if Jesus were physically interacting with us today, He would be upset at the way mankind has twisted His religion around, yes. However, I also believe that there are many who do follow his path, in just about every major sect of Christianity today.
Religion is not the only organization that has this problem. Just look at the way people have twisted and ignored the United States Constitution.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Preachers kick our asses for going against their interpretation of the bible
Jesus would kick the preacher’s asses for not following the word correctly
And God would kick Jesus, the preachers and our asses for completely disregarding what he said.. After all he is meant to be the head of the dinner table that is the bible where rich people feast on the minds of the misinformed and venerable.
Although, what am I saying? None of this is real.
We should be kicking our own asses for not seeing this big scam for what it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Jesus did not come to abolish religion.

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Go ahead and have your own spirituality, but where you going to go when things don't add up or make sense? You will never learn much relying on your own wisdom. You better find someone on your wave length that can keep you going in the right direction (towards God).

I go to church, in a big part to get spiritually fed. I must say that through my roughest times it's been the advice of priests that saved me from demise.

I see a big trend to go with "spirituality" as opposed to "religion" as if having religion means you have no spirituality. I have both.

Sorry, I didn't really like the rap. He came across as judgmental and even though I can be really bad at that I try not to judge others.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I do not 'love' a man because he says things.

Irks me when ppl say "I love jesus" when they simply love the concept of what they think he spoke about. May as well say "I love ghandi!" or "I love bruce, hes a top bloke!"...

People who look towards christ for every answer, ignore the answers all around them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't like the title because of the use of hate but wow I really like this writing/recital. Very well put, thanks for sharing that!! S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I see a big trend to go with "spirituality" as opposed to "religion" as if having religion means you have no spirituality. I have both.

I don't see it as religion is without spirit, at all. There is just at some point, a line drawn when it comes to discussing spiritual topics. This is fine, but this may be the point where the spiritual departs from religion. Perhaps religion can cage the expansive limitations of the spiritual experience, and connection with others, and the planet.

I feel that the current 'turning away' from religion, may be more of a result from things like, people not accepting the bible as literal, seeing hypocrisy in how some judge and condemn, behave with intolerance, and lack compassion for their neighbor and/ or enemies. I think the situation with the Catholic priest's abhorrent behavior with children have steered a lot of people away from religion too. But no, I would not say there is no spiritual strength in religion, or religious people, maybe some have walls and some do not. Spirituality seems more tolerant and non judgmental imho, which may resonates on a broader scale. This is how I would define the difference.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

He’s smart enough to realise that religion is a man made pile of dog poop
But not smart enough to realise they need a catalyst to make people fool for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
He's almost there, says he's dropped religion, now if he can only drop the Jesus he can be FREE!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If we all agree that Christianity is a religion, then saying you hate religion, but love Jesus is a contradiction, is it not? Christian literally means "Christ-Follower." (ken-r-abell.hubpages.com...).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join