It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Against Photo IDs in Voting Booths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Liberals dont like it because it makes it harder for them to cheat

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Could anyone please locate one of these "mystery people" who have no ID and are too poor to afford one? Seriously? Even the poor need ID to get welfare and food stamps. I'm sure there are poor that buy smokes and alcohol which they would need ID for. For the person who flat out refuses to get an ID then it's their choice not to be able to partake in events that require an ID.

As for liberal political corruption all you have to do is look at Obama's home state of Illinois. Chicago is notorious for voter fraud with good reason. When there are more votes tallied than people registered in a precinct that's a pretty clear indication fraud is going on.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Hmmm that's funny because I was thinking can anyone locate any proof at all for the premise of this thread.

Oh probably not, because it's some one's BS propeganda!

edit on 12-1-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
There worried if Voter ID gets passed they won't be able to vote twice.

Sadly it makes sense to do this, voter fraud is getting to be a problem.

Any supporting evidence? Or are you just repeating the current talking-point / lie?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I find it funny that some would point to the Bush election and call out voter fraud but refuse to believe that voter fraud happens on their side. Do you not think that due to the record number of Blacks and Latinos that voted for Obama, you know those that usually don't have photo IDs, their was a few people that were not who they said they were?

The only way this is an issue is because the dems brought it up. Automatically making it a left-right issue.
Let me educate you:
On Nov. 2nd 2011 Rep. Keith Ellison ( D-Mn) proposed House bill H.R 3316: Current Title: “To prohibit election officials from requiring individuals to provide photo identification as a condition of obtaining or casting a ballot in an election for Federal office or registering to vote in elections for Federal office, and for other purposes.”

It spread like wildfire across democratic circles and even Obama has weighed in on the issue denying a new law from South Carolina requiring photo IDs. While its still up in the air about weather this new law could in fact help stop voter fraud. I find it very fishy if you do not have a photo ID. How can we prove you are who you say you are?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Obviously the way a vote take place in the US is different from here in the UK, but I cannot imagine for one minute that you have "thousands of illegals" voting, even in the US you have a form of electoral list, i.e. you name must be on that list or you cannot vote, or are people here suggesting that anyone can just walk up to a polling station and vote whether or not they are upon that list? For example if I was to visit the US in November, could I walk into a polling station and vote without giving a registered name? (If so I am coming to vote for Ron Paul as many times as I can)

Now if these illegals were going and using someone else's name that was on the list (how did they get these names and addresses?) surly some people would turn up at polls and their name already be used and a huge fuss would of kicked off.

Personally it would seem logical to me that an illegal would stay away from as many state/federal/national institutions as possible, if they turned up and tried to use someone else's name that had actually already been voted then they run the risk of being questioned, arrested and deported I very much doubt someone who is in there illegally has so much concern about their vote that they would risk being deported.

Seems to me it is just racism that is driving the argument here not logic...
edit on 12-1-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77 Do you not think that due to the record number of Blacks and Latinos that voted for Obama, you know those that usually don't have photo IDs, their was a few people that were not who they said they were?

A few out of a few million? Yeah, probably. So, it's worth the expense to you and your big government to make everyone get a photo ID for an insignificant issue?

The only way this is an issue is because the dems brought it up. Automatically making it a left-right issue.
Let me educate you:
On Nov. 2nd 2011 Rep. Keith Ellison ( D-Mn) proposed House bill H.R 3316: Current Title: “To prohibit election officials from requiring individuals to provide photo identification as a condition of obtaining or casting a ballot in an election for Federal office or registering to vote in elections for Federal office, and for other purposes.”

And let me educate YOU.
Ellison's bill was in response to the GOP bills REQUIRING voter ID.
The Help America Vote Act was signed by George Bush in 2002. The entire Senate passed it, though, with 2 Nay votes, both Democrats. And the House passed it 357-48. Looks pretty bipartisan to me. Source

How can we prove you are who you say you are?

It's actually none of your business who I am. I don't need to prove myself to you. I will exercise my right to vote without your consent.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Whole thread about voter fraud here--Democrat Rep. Acknowledges Need for Voter IDs as 12 Georgia Officials Indicted for Fraud

I personally don't have any problem at all with requiring ID to vote. If we didn't have such a significant population of non-citizens living in the US it probably wouldn't be as necessary, but I'd still be for ID though for cases like the ones mentioned in the above link.

A free ID provided by the state for those without other ID does not equal a poll tax. Georgia I know for a fact gives these ID's for free. The ID plainly states that it is for voting purposes only. All other uses of it are prohibited, and I've actually told someone that I couldn't use it to verify their ID for anything but voting when they tried to get a cell phone contract. It blows my mind that anyone over the age of 18 and under 100 would not have an ID.

That being said, I'm not sure everyone should be able to vote anyway. Is it really fair that the vote of someone who dropped out of high school, couldn't point to Canada on a map, and is barely literate counts as much as someone who has an M.D.? I'm not saying that only Doctors should vote, but there should be some test that demonstrates a basic knowledge of government, the Constitution, and maybe economics. Such a test should start with "Name the three Branches of the US Government"; follow with "Name two Amendments to the Constitution and the rights they protect"; and be ten to twenty questions with a passing score of 70+ in order to vote. We'd have much fewer shysters, demagogues, and con men in office and more leaders and statesmen. One group that would be exempt from such a poll test would be those that gained citizenship through the proper channels as they have already demonstrated their knowledge of government through the citizenship exam.

In my opinion allowing anyone with a pulse (and quite a few without) to vote is one of the greatest weakness of democracies. Pandering to the lowest common denominators by those seeking elected office leads to making promises that are economically and mathematically impossible to keep. This leads to things like massive deficits and eventual economic collapse.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Liberals are usually for big government
Conservatives usually want less government

Man, did YOU swallow the wrong pill... You have apparently bought what the GOP is selling: that they believe in freedom and smaller government.

Conservatives justify the push because you need a photo ID to pretty much do anything or get anywhere.

Republicans justify this because they don't want illegal immigrants, the poor and minorities voting. Because most of them would vote against the GOP because of how they treat people without money. This move would require government intervention into our lives. This is a BIG government move, disproving your initial statement above.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Republicans want smaller government. They want a HUGE government to tend to the needs of the wealthy and corporations, on whose teats they suck. And a huge military to protect them.

Liberals don't want Photo Ids because it costs money or is seen as an attack against the poor?

Yes, AND it's obviously a GOP tactic to keep the poor and minorities from voting.

I am confused by the switched mentality

There is no switch. The confusion is only in expecting anyone in Congress to act in your best interest. Leave the "liberals and conservatives" argument behind. It is no longer relevant in this political age.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The thing is almost everyone ALREADY HAS a photo ID. Anyone who works a job or cashes a check of any kind usually needs photo identification. So the objection is not with the ID itself, it is with having to prove your identity to vote. Remember that Arizona passed a voter ID law that required voters to prove their identity and citizenship in order to vote. That was struck down by the courts and now you can walk across the border tonight and vote tomorrow because all you have to do is sign an affidavit that you are a citizen and you are good to go.

I also have a big problem with ballots in Spanish. You are supposed to be a citizen to vote. You are supposed to know how to read and write English when you become a citizen. Therefore anyone [color=#FF0000]LEGALLY voting has no need for Spanish ballots.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The issue is NOT with getting a photo ID. People living in modern society should already have one. The issue is having to prove your identity at the polls. Propagandize much?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Whole thread about voter fraud here--Democrat Rep. Acknowledges Need for Voter IDs as 12 Georgia Officials Indicted for Fraud

So the only link provided to a source in this thread point to a LIBERAL Supporting the ID's , well thank you jefwane, I think you have just shed light on how much BS this whole entire thread was based in...
HAHA...Where's the conflicting evidence? Most lib's I know would support ID's we're not going around riding horses after all, we do have vehicles, insurance, and DL's

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yeah, no voter ID, but they are ok with Internet IDs?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, Dems and Liberals you really should get your story straight.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Let's get real here. how many that vote have zero picture ID? It definitely shouldn't be anyone under 65. Those above 65 have moved through life, the whole time without a photo id? I say BS. If you haven't participated in life enough to need a photo id then there is probably no reason you should be allowed to vote. That said, if these people exist and cost is the main factor of no id, then the state should provid it for free, with little contestation of the little documentation that exists.

I

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

You need to get your facts straight first before you post something this invalid. Studies show that there is less voter fraud than any other kind of voter trouble. Show your facts for stating one person voting 600 times. (There are none! ) Voting is a constitutional right! One older woman told her story on CNN. She had been voting for years. Because she didn't have her birth certificate she couldn't vote. It takes time & a lot of trouble to go through the hoops in some states to vote. That is why the US Attorney General has declared the NEW voting law in South Carolina unconstitutional. Check this out on any news site.
You sound angry at certain classes of people. Calling them names is no way for an American to talk about another American wanting to simply vote.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Republicans justify this because they don't want illegal immigrants, the poor and minorities voting. Because most of them would vote against the GOP because of how they treat people without money. This move would require government intervention into our lives. This is a BIG government move, disproving your initial statement above.

This illogical statement pretty much sums up why some people are just so out of touch with everything going on!!! Illiegal Immigrants cannot and should not vote. How is this even justified in your mind?? If you are not a citizen of this country you should not vote! Period there is no question. This is stated in the constitution. This is not a BIG Government move I don't think. That's like saying having a passport to get on a plane is big government move. No it's not. It's to protect your international identity, so other countries know who you are. Wow that statement you just made was insane.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Could anyone please locate one of these "mystery people" who have no ID and are too poor to afford one? Seriously?

Sure. Would 5 million be sufficient?

www.brennancenter.org...

Now please show me cases of voter fraud. Been waiting quite a bit now.
Doesn't have to be 5 million cases, I'd settle for a few hundred?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I've worked the polls in the Great State of California. Each time I did it, I felt like such a participant in democracy! The system was very clear, names of registered voters in the precinct, folks would come in, give their names-cross check the list, cross them off-give them shiny "I VOTED" sticker. No ballot stuffing, no illegal immigrants, and no dead people.

I did my duty to insure a fair and accurate election 2002, 2004, 2006.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You were saying?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Cases of voter fraud.
Not people filming themselves comitting serial felonies (smart move, btw. O'keefe is still under probation, isn't he?)
I am looking forward to the court case on that one. Will be the biggest Voter Fraud case ever I guess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join