It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stop SOPA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Given the recent SOPA and PIPA legislation that could possibly be passed through The Senate on the 24th of January, I was hoping the community on ATS could create a thread to discuss how those people who wish to protest against SOPA in anyway possible can mobilise against it. If anyone has any suggestions please post them.

Other then signing petitions and talking to senators (which we the people who are not American citizens can't do), we can still write to local media outlets, national media outlets, international media outlets and foreign media outlets demanding they report on the SOPA and PIPA legislation.

Those who wish to can post information about SOPA and PIPA on their facebooks, twitters and YouTubes. They can also provide ways to fight this legislation on various social networking websites. A good link to provide would be this one: americancensorship.org... -especially for those who live in America.

Other then that, we could also send out many emails to all our freinds, family, co-workers, classmates or whom else it may concern.

Once again if anyone has any ideas feel free to post a comment and if this thread is in the wrong section or has violated the T&C in any manner, I apologise, I was unaware.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

american sights could just change to using european servers, wouldnt that circumvent SOPA as its just an Amercin legislation? i dont know, im not up to date with this kinda stuff

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Have deep and meaningful conversations with family, friends and colleagues about these bills and the implications they will have for internet users. Inform them about the freedoms they stand to lose and the power that governments are set to gain by the implementation of these bills. Be calm, assertive and rational at all times and don't allow the ignorance of some to get under your skin.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It won't pass they already lost...what is it like 3 million petition signatures?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

i have been sending it all over social networking sites, raising awareness, maybe someone with the drive and knowledge i do not have a because im disabled and b because im on too many medications, will get ahold of it and do something wonderful....

other than that petition
write to people
email,
call

all good options

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this guy put together a video that is informative.
it goes into detail on who is behind the whole sopa thing.

-subfab

top topics

join