It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If space is real and we are currently there then why are there no

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Stars visible when the people in orbit film space from their craft? are video cameras worse than picture cameras or what? because with picture cameras you can see tons of stars but with video cameras you see basically no stars...
I'm scared are we trapped in an alien like dome where we can't penetrate it?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

It's because space isn't real! We are all trapped in a dome!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here some good pics

here is a good link for stars and pics

Stars no pics?

www.uwgb.edu...
edit on 11-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
you can't see the stars from space because of a lack of an atmosphere.....

quoted from Scienceray.com

....to understand this effect it is important to understand how the eyes filter or focus an image, unfortunately, this is outside the scope of this article. However, for simplicity, we still use two theories of light; one depicts light as a wave vibration, and the other depicts light as particle. Wave-light demonstrates minute energy signature, while, particle light is more energetic. Of the two light concepts, star light has wave characteristics and therefore requires amplification before it can stimulate our optical sensors. This is where the sun and our atmosphere come into play. Although the sun is on the other side of the globe- at nights, its ambient light is reflected and refracted off the atmosphere and encompasses the earth. We cannot see the sun at night but the sun makes it possible for us to see at light. When the earth experience an eclipse of the sun, night on the opposite side where the eclipse occurs will experience an unusually darker night. This is caused from a reduction in the sun light reaching the atmosphere. Read more: scienceray.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Wow really? that still doesn't make sense... how can you get a clear shot of stars from space but not with a video camera?? to be honest i think it is because of the cameras

try filming stars with an HD camera... can't be done

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
reply to post by longtermproject

Wow really? that still doesn't make sense... how can you get a clear shot of stars from space but not with a video camera?? to be honest i think it is because of the cameras

try filming stars with an HD camera... can't be done

and the funny part is that about 98% of all of us will never know for sure what really is out there...if we were lied to about landing on the moon, god knows what else has been a lie all along!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Apparently without an atmosphere in space you can't see them with the naked eye and that can detect a single photon.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You are the only human left alive in the bubble. We are all extensions of your imagination.

Thank you for fabricating me to respond to your thread...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Haha you're right! maybe space isn't really black? JK or am i
?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Haha your welcome!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmm? Am I seeing this correctly?

To make sure, let me ask this way.

If you were in space, you could not see the stars around you, with the naked eye, because of the lack of atmosphere? Seriously?

What about the moon? Could you see the moon?

Now you have me very interested...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

As you look at the video posted by yourboycal2 you will notice what looks like a force field around the earth.
It is just that but it also doubles as a viewscreen, similar to a giant lcd screen.
This is how "the man" has been fooling man for millions of years, yes millions.
You see the field keeps the Anunaki from returning, the Anunaki who were left here simply do not want to share their business with their homeland, they have defected.
This is why many cosmonauts died early on as they would not keep the secret where many Americans would.

edit on 11-1-2012 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

If you were in space, you could not see the stars around you, with the naked eye, because of the lack of atmosphere? Seriously?
So can they see the sun when they are in space? It's a star....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Well according to NASA, yeah!.

So if you were to pilot a space ship you wouldn't know where to go

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Stars, while quite bright, are a long way away (some billions of billions of kilometers/miles). This means that the size of each star "dot" is smaller than your eye could focus, it would easily fall between the rods and cones in your eye.

When we see stars through our atmosphere, their light scatters off the air molecules & atoms, making them seem an apparent size that is relative to their brightness.

That's how it works, I guess.

link   

Did you overlook yourboycal2's post, or just ignoring it?

You wont see stars on the day side of earth just like you can't from the surface, but you can on the night side.

link   
reply to post by g146541

I believe that forcefield as you call it is our atmosphere which is "thicker" the closer to the surface of the planet you go. Possibly "the forcefield effect" is a result of the high level of light-pollution present in our world. A lot of streetlamps and suchlike are pointed at least partially upwards. It sucks if you wanna look at stars from the ground.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

They don't navigate by sight, they do however double check by sight and yes in space you can see stars. Whatever made you think you couldn't?

Ever heard of the Hubble Space Telescope?
edit on 11-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Hmmm? Am I seeing this correctly?

To make sure, let me ask this way.

What about the moon? Could you see the moon?

Now you have me very interested...
You need the experts here I think. Something to do with the glare from the solar corona but I'm not an expert on the conditions in space. I know more than I let on though but don't tell the experts.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Then why are some claiming that you need an atmosphere?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join