It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one concept that Seperates the Church from Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes, i want Jesus to return...badly.

I don't think this is normal. You may have a psychological need but you should try to get some help to overcome this fixation you have. You need to develop a type of thinking where you will be ok if Jesus does not come.
What you are envisioning is not the world's problems being fixed by solving them, you imagine the world being destroyed as a way of eliminating the problems. Because the world has problems does not mean that the world can not get better if we try.
What you suggest is not trying and to sit around pondering the death of everyone who is not like you. You need to accept that people are different and that is ok and you do not have to kill them for being different. What you need is Jesus in you to where you actually care about someone other than yourself.
edit on 16-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sacgamer25

You are correct the bible does not say you have to be a Christian to be saved; it says you were chosen for salvation from the beginning. All one needs to do is listen to the law of love within them and allow themselves to be guided by it.
I would think if salvation is by lottery, then anything you do will make no difference, so I don't think your philosophy makes sense logically.

Ah but here is the question, are all that are chosen, chose the path that leads to Christ? What I am saying is there is only one path. But the path that I am saying is to stop sinning and love your neighbor as yourself. If someone does these two things they are doing the will of the father.

The truth is inside you. The Holy Spirit is guiding you, living in you. Each of us still has free will. Therefore it is possible to reject what you know is right. Will the one that rejects the law of love that they know to be right enter heaven? I don’t really know. The bible speaks of a place that is outside of the gates of heaven. Jesus says that not everyone who says lord lord will enter, but only the ones who do the will of the father.

So what I am saying agrees completely with the bible. I am asking everyone, weather they accept the bible or not to do the will of the father. Anyone who continues to commit willful sin and does not repent and come back to living by the law of love is in danger of being on the outside looking in.

I think the church has practically destroyed the validity of the bible. If not for the church I believe that most would be able to accept the bible, based on the correct interpretation that has been given to me by the Holy Spirit.

It is because of this that I reluctantly leave conversations asking people who cannot accept Christ as the spirit that lives inside them, to make sure that whatever they think it is to follow it. Jesus says that if anyone says something against him they can be forgiven. But anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not.

To me this means don’t lie to yourself, you know that the law of love is the right way. Don’t sit around trying to convince yourself that sinning is ok. If you convince yourself that your sin is ok, you have essentially nullified the gift of the Holy Spirit living in you.

I fully believe that the bible is the truth and that it would be best for everyone to accept it as the truth. To me the bible is the life story of Jesus. Since the Holy Spirit was sent bringing the same message as Christ it would be best for people to read about him. What I am saying is that each person should let the Holy Spirit that lives in them interpret the bible for them. In this way they will have an understanding of the truth that I cannot teach them. I am only a messenger that can guide someone to the path.

I want to see all my brothers and sisters follow the will of the father so that we will all find ourselves inside the gates, because the bible suggest that not all will be allowed in. Now being allowed in does not mean that you were not chosen, it simply means that you did not follow the path that the Holy Spirit was guiding you to follow.
edit on 16-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Yes, i want Jesus to return...badly.

I don't think this is normal. You may have a psychological need but you should try to get some help to overcome this fixation you have. You need to develop a type of thinking where you will be ok if Jesus does not come.
What you are envisioning is not the world's problems being fixed by solving them, you imagine the world being destroyed as a way of eliminating the problems. Because the world has problems does not mean that the world can not get better if we try.
What you suggest is not trying and to sit around pondering the death of everyone who is not like you. You need to accept that people are different and that is ok and you do not have to kill them for being different. What you need is Jesus in you to where you actually care about someone other than yourself.

Maybe you never read the part where were told those who long for his return will be blessed? Do greek orthodox need help? They wear black robes and will not take them off until Jesus returns. By your definition everyone needs help except you. Sorry anti-christ, but yeah i cant wait for the day the King of kings returns, if you don't like it? You can kiss my ass.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Do greek orthodox need help? They wear black robes and will not take them off until Jesus returns.

If such people existed, yes, they would need help, but since this is only a delusional fantasy, it is just another of your symptoms.

Sorry anti-christ, but yeah i cant wait for the day the King of kings returns
Unlike your version of Jesus, my Jesus is King right now.

. . . if you don't like it? You can kiss m . . .
Did you forget what I said about writing profanity in the same line as the name of God?
If Jesus was coming, I would not try to prevent it. If I thought that the most important message of Jesus was about a future return, I would promote the idea. I am convinced that, just as the Gospel (as in the first four books of the New Testament) says, the Gospel is that the Kingdom of God is at hand, meaning right next to you, for us to enter, now (meaning the people of today, ever since Jesus' final ascension).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join