It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is that flying around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Okay so to make a long story short i am at my friends house... he lives in the city, which i think is awesome by the way.. um anyways i am currently eyeing this small object which seems to strobe constantly... and hover about 500 feet from the ground (my estimation) it was not following any conventional helicopter movements and i don't hear a sound from that thing which by the way is getting closer and circling and stop and rising

I tried looking at it with my binoculars but all i see is the strobing red light (VERY BRIGHT)

Quick question, do helicopters suddenly turn their lights off and have a red light steady for about 4 minutes now and stay in the same position? it's dark outside and cloudy

It's not a blimp and sorry about my grammar. (Don't have a cam with me and my friend just recently lost his)
edit on 11-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

Jump up and down, waving your arms, projecting psychic thoughts that you want to hang out, and if it's da aliens, they might stop by for a friendly chat with some casual probing.

All in all it's probably one of those new whiz bang drones local law enforcement agencies are all going crazy about.
It's the new black.
Everyone wants a drone.
Bigger cities with large budgets no doubt gots the cool toys and are playing with them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Hahah
that made me laugh... i've never seen any local military or airforce use those and i dont think police use those =\

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

Local law enforcement agencies are now, in fact, starting to use drones. It's a new thing. Since there's tons of security firms out that cater to law enforcement, more so than military, there's likely to be a larger range of different looking drones used by local police than what you see with military, all of course depending on budgets.

Since this is a relatively new thing with local city and state law enforcement, it's really quite trendy and everyone wants one of these new toys.

ah, if I had any money to sink into stocks with security firms offering drone solutions to local law ...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
Okay so to make a long story short i am at my friends house... he lives in the city, which i think is awesome by the way.. um anyways i am currently eyeing this small object which seems to strobe constantly... and hover about 500 feet from the ground (my estimation) it was not following any conventional helicopter movements and i don't hear a sound from that thing which by the way is getting closer and circling and stop and rising

I tried looking at it with my binoculars but all i see is the strobing red light (VERY BRIGHT)

Quick question, do helicopters suddenly turn their lights off and have a red light steady for about 4 minutes now and stay in the same position? it's dark outside and cloudy

It's not a blimp and sorry about my grammar. (Don't have a cam with me and my friend just recently lost his)

Is it a Star? Plane? Satelite?....ufo?

you may want to check out stellarium and the other links in that thread

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Oh okay :| but i'm just saying that i have never seen them actually fly it around a populated area..say like a city? but thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I don't know what it is...but i assume it's a helicopter since it hovers...but i could be wrong

top topics

join