It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Club

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Welcome to God Club,

Before I introduce you to this place, let me acquaint you with the rules. This is a club which will bring together combatants from all over the world, accompanied by their respective God's to wage a final cage match to the death. So, to contain the mayhem, there must be rules.

1. There is no God Club. If anyone knew we were doing this the world would panic. So, if anyone ever asks you about God Club, there is no God Club.

2. No Atheist's allowed. Sorry guys but if you put a God up against a God that does not exist, well there would be nothing but one God to stare at. Where is the blood and gore in that?

3. Once your God is destroyed, it can never be resurrected.

Those are the rules ladies and gents. So let me introduce you to the judge.

He is the Only God that can judge because, well he is the MOST high. That being the case, it would be boring watching him wipe away the other Gods. Since he is Omnipotent, he can keep the battle contained, Since he is Omnipresent he is within each of the Other Gods and can feel their pain and thus know when to show mercy. Since he is Omnibenevolent, he can judge with compassion regardless of the carnage. Since he is Omniscient, he already knows how it will all unfold and has it structured that all will be saved.

So, in a way, this God Club is a simulated environment which you will see played out through out this battle field.

Enter if you dare, introduce your God, and let the mayhem begin.

Remember, there is no God Club!
edit on 11-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i object to `no atheists` rules, what if a godless munkie, can defeat a fool and his imaginary freind?
edit on 11-1-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i object to the `no atheists` rule , what if a godless munkie, can defeat a fool and his imaginary freind?

What rule?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

2. No Atheist's allowed

^ that one - clearly stated in your OP - you did read your own OP didnt you ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I want to see:
Odin vs. Zeus
Jesus Christ vs. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
The Old testament god vs the new testament god

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
"Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?" John 10:34

I introduce Self as a god. I share consciousness with all and the infinite. I do not wish to battle myself, but I still enter the arena.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

2. No Atheist's allowed

^ that one - clearly stated in your OP - you did read your own OP didnt you ?

If that rule applies to you, then why are you here?

If you do not have a dog in the fight, why do you want to get in the mayhem?

Are you a God? Can you handle the destruction that will unfold here on your own?

If you do not have a God to bring to the fight, I would suggest you go be at peace.

Forget you heard of this place.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...that this thread, like every other thread on ATS, is open to participation by all members. We do not allow our members to stifle the viewpoints of others. As long as posts are civil and remain on topic, all is good.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

i object to `no atheists` rules, what if a godless munkie, can defeat a fool and his imaginary freind?

^ that one - clearly stated in your OP - you did read your own OP didnt you?

Rule Number One says "there is no God Club." If there is no God Club, what God Club rules could you possibly be talking about?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
An arena match, huh? Regular out n' out? No holds barred? All entries to meet in the middle and argue their God to each other? I find that as amusing as deciding who owns the earth. The one true God sits back and lets it go. No sense in joining such an argument. Whats the point? They will never agree with each other.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ditka vs. God?

Sorry, had to be said. Carry on, IAMIAM. I always enjoy your posts.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Cthulhu vs Baron Samedi.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Welcome to God Club,

Before I introduce you to this place, let me acquaint you with the rules. This is a club which will bring together combatants from all over the world, accompanied by their respective God's to wage a final cage match to the death. So, to contain the mayhem, there must be rules.

1. There is no God Club. If anyone knew we were doing this the world would panic. So, if anyone ever asks you about God Club, there is no God Club.

2. No Atheist's allowed. Sorry guys but if you put a God up against a God that does not exist, well there would be nothing but one God to stare at. Where is the blood and gore in that?

3. Once your God is destroyed, it can never be resurrected.

Those are the rules ladies and gents. So let me introduce you to the judge.

He is the Only God that can judge because, well he is the MOST high. That being the case, it would be boring watching him wipe away the other Gods. Since he is Omnipotent, he can keep the battle contained, Since he is Omnipresent he is within each of the Other Gods and can feel their pain and thus know when to show mercy. Since he is Omnibenevolent, he can judge with compassion regardless of the carnage. Since he is Omniscient, he already knows how it will all unfold and has it structured that all will be saved.

So, in a way, this God Club is a simulated environment which you will see played out through out this battle field.

Enter if you dare, introduce your God, and let the mayhem begin.

Remember, there is no God Club!
edit on 11-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

Clever. I like this. I can get behind it 100%.

Two thumbs up bro
. Gonna be sweet watching Jesus wipe the floor with the other gods and trample them to a pulp.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So i guess this is where the war starts

My God is greater then yours....

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16

ummm.... in that case, Jesus himself was "sent"....not to mention he prayed to the One who sent him.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Akragon

ummm.... in that case, Jesus himself was "sent"....not to mention he prayed to the One who sent him.

That was my point... The Father is greater then his Son...

What exactly did you miss there?

edit on 27-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2The same was in the beginning with God.

3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Jesus didn't say he was greater than the Father. He said he was the Father and i can dig all through both the old and new testaments to prove it, don;t have time right now though, gotta go to work.

John 14:6-11

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 15:23 "Whoever hates me hates my Father also."

John 10: 37-38 "If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

John 8:42 "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me." (Jesus came from God, he didn't come from heaven, that makes him part of who?)

John 20:24-31

24But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Jesus isn't greater than the Father, he is equal to the Father. The only being that could possibly be equal to God is God himself. Jesus can do everything the Father can do. Jesus was the Word of creation, that created you. God himself walked amoung his people, and they couldn't even see who he was. Looks like you can't see it either!

Jesus is Immanu'el "God with us". If you deny Jesus then you deny the Father, they are inseperable. They are one. There are not 3 Gods, there is only One God. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the one and the same! Jesus sits on the white throne of judgement and his Holy Spirit flows into his children. Jesus is, the Ancient of Days that is prophecied to return in the book of Daniel.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Akragon

That was my point... The Father is greater then his Son...

What exactly did you miss there?

edit on 27-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Ah and my favorite.

John 8: 54-59

54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Now, pray tell. How could Jesus have been with Abraham if he was only 33? Jesus said, before Abraham was, I AM.

Methinks you should get your nose out of those catholicized Jesuit bibles and kick it old school with the original KJV.

You don't even know who your God is. I'd be ashamed if i were you. What day is the Lord's day? The sabbath! Who created the Sabbath? The LORD, yet Jesus claims it was his day. For shame, you do not know your God...
edit on 27-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just wondering: if the God(s) in "God club" are so omniscient and omnipotent, what's with all the male pronouns?
No offense, but it sounds like a cock-fight.

Are "goddesses" welcome to join and kick some butt?

After all, it seems that before colonial wars, patriarchal religion was more about removing local women and the feminine from the core of religious power, and everything masculine (and the whole Father/sacrificial son bits) from various phallic faiths were happily combined at the expense of women.

So perhaps we'd need a strong Goddess, or a Hypatia to have a true match.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join