It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines probing video that apparently depicts Marines urinating on battlefield corpses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Marines probing video that apparently depicts Marines urinating on battlefield corpses

www.orlandosentinel.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Marine Corps said Wednesday it is investigating a video depicting what appears to be four Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters.

In a statement, the Marine Corps said it has not verified the origin or authenticity of the YouTube video. But it also said the actions portrayed are not consistent with Marine values.

If verified the video could create a strong backlash in the Muslim world and beyond for the disrespectful actions it portrays.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If this video is verified and those involved are identified, they need to be punished severely. This is more than disrespectful. I don't care who you are, this is never acceptable behavior.

The article continues:

"We condemn this apparent desecration of the dead as a violation of our nation's military regulations and of international laws of war prohibiting such disgusting and immoral actions," the group wrote in a letter faxed to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

"If verified as authentic, the video shows behavior that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians," the letter said.

Marine Corps headquarters at the Pentagon said, "The actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps. This matter will be fully investigated."

A Marine Corps spokesman, Lt. Col. Stewart Upton, added, "Allegations of Marines not doing the right thing in regard to dead Taliban insurgents are very serious and, if proven, represent a failure to adhere to the high standards expected of American military personnel."

A Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt. John Kirby, said the video is deeply troubling.

"Whoever it is, and whatever the circumstances — which we know is under investigation — it is egregious behavior," Kirby said.

It is unclear who shot the video and who posted it online.

I hope they find who did this and make sure they are placed in the barracks awaiting trial. This is disgusting and these men are ruining the image of all military personnel.

www.orlandosentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just shows the mentality of the idiots that have been given guns that don't respect the dead. Would they have liked it if it was the other way round?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe if they respected death, they would have respect for life? These idiots do not respect the dead and will die the same way. You live by the sword and you die by it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I jsut saw this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did a search, but this has been posted already. Please direct all comments to the above thread.

Thanks to those who have posted in this thread and demonstrated their disgust.

Edit to Add: Well, it seems that the thread I linked to above has been closed for review.

I was preparing to comment on there, so I'll do it here. The men in that video need to turn themselves in. They are not soldiers and their mental faculties are obviously failing them. I watched the video and I cannot believe that even one of their brain cells said, "Yeah, let's urinate on these corpses. THAT would make me feel better and I'm sure nobody will ever hear about it even though I know someone is filming it and I've just smiled for the camera."

You're all idiots and need to be stripped of everything the military has given and promised you all.
You deserve everything you get and then some!
edit on 11-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I jsut saw this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join