It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Were Warned! Obama Adminstration Gathering personal Data on Sites Like ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about obama and his people, "THEY CANT EVEN READ" that's why they have the congress and senate hire people who can

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
While it is creepy, the first ammendment, while allowing for free speech, does not state that people/governments can't listen in, can't monitor.
Now what people/governments DO after listening is subject to interpretation and should be monitored by the people.
(Did you gov guys get that?
)

Agreed!
Once you put your thoughts into the "public" arena, you no longer have any control of them.

What governments do with info that is "public" is where we need to be concerned.

Should the gov't be keeping track? Maybe.
Should the gov't be actively and surreptitiously participating/instigating/targeting those involved? Probably not.
"Transparency" takes on a new meaning and real value in the context of the open exchange of ideas.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Information Awareness Office

The Information Awareness Office (IAO) was established by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in January 2002 to bring together several DARPA projects focused on applying surveillance and information technology to track and monitor terrorists and other asymmetric threats to national security, by achieving Total Information Awareness (TIA).

This is old news....remember The Office of Information Awareness that was formed during the Bush admin) that uses Facebook data for the Facial Recognition System called ...

Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID)

UK members ....what do you think all of the Cameras covering every square foot of you country are for ?

Read and learn if you haven't already and try to wake up ...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Also if someone is stupid enough to put personal details on these sites then again they deserve to be monitored and have information collected about them.

This is where the problem arises. When the "monitors" go beyond what is publicly disclosed, and take steps to single-out the forum or the individual, and "drill-down" to focus on them , that borders on trespass and surveillance.

Surveillance rules and transparency seem to be at odds with a policy of "tracking down" the sources of dissent.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I believe they are starting to fear us. Why else would they be implementing all these snooping policies. They know people are fed up with their tyrannical ways and this is their attempt at trying to scare us in to silence. It's not going to work. We have the right to free speech and if I want to say Obama is a freedom killing dictator, then that is my opinion and I will voice it. Little Barry getting his feelings hurt by all the negative press?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

You'd be surprised how stupid the average person is. The internet has become a hub of communication, and thus, information, so it would be foolish for the government to ignore it. It is amazing, their are programs that can "predict" someones future behavior by studying his or her browsing behavior.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Your right the "right to privacy" doesn't exist in the constitution. Looks like it's time for an amendment.

Although there is no expliciy "right to privacy" in the Constitution, most courts and scholars agree that the Constitution itself embodies an inherent "right to be left alone."

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm thinking it might be time to become completely paranoid.

It's not "paranoid" if they really are out to "get" you.

jw

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's a valuable document released (under the freedom of information act, i believe);
cryptome.org...

It's a document from 2011 discussing (and listing) all the websites that the DHS is willing to admit they are monitoring.

It's quite shocking in some ways to some of the websites on there. We have facebook, youtube, twitter and allt he common social/blogging sites. Among pro-terror and anti-terror blogs by individuals. And of course the websites related to Wikileaks.

Huge trove of information. It outlines alot of sites which confirms people what have been saying about fed's / gov monitoring popular sites.

Seems relevant to this thread, i came across this document the other day and just firmly nodded "yup, knew this a long time ago".

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is funny. Now i know why all the cable news channels pay attention to us we seem to be the only people paying attention to their non sense and the sad thing is I get news stories on here faster then on tv. I found it funny that news channels would even say anything about conspiracy theorist to begin with, arnt we all a bunch of crazy kooks who believe in aliens, lizard people,wheres biggie and tupac, Bigfoot,who really shot JFK like Obama said then this "great leader" lol spies on us like we are the enemy and actually pays people to post bs and collect info on us. I dont have 50 armed guards who are expertly trained or the power this man has or the money this man has damn i dont even have the connections he has yet we need to be spied on, lied too and have information collected on us. But i forgot its all for our own protection and to top it off pay for this service in my taxes, seriously what kind of crazy fkkkks are we employing to be leaders on this country.

Basically by bush and obama doing all this they are letting the terrorist win think about it. Bush said they hate us for our freedom. If this was really true why take freedoms away? They are using the people killed in 911 as a way to take away our privacy and freedoms. I will tell you right now if for some reason I get killed by terrorist i would rather have them give more freedoms to the people then try and restrict it because i died. Screw them I understand freedom isn't free and I died while being free. We cannot protect every one in our country but we can honor them by protecting the principles this country was founded on. I hope an intel gather sees this. You sir are sh!ting on the grave of every soldier who fought and died to be able to live his life without his government watching everything he did, You sir are pissing on our constitution, You sir are killing what used to make this country great and you stand for everything that is unamerican, you sir are the enemy

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Actually I believe it is the CIA's job to know the general consensus of the nation at any given time. This is why they monitor Twitter and Facebook, along with blogs and forums; to get a sense of the public's reaction to certain events. They also keep tabs on which individuals have the most influence in any given online discussion which they deem of importance.

I'm not so opposed to the government monitoring the internet; I mean, it is obvious that they were going to admit to doing it sooner or later, but if you think about how much information is available on the net, it almost becomes a necessity to monitor it in order to catch people who are conspiring to commit crimes. We're not at a point yet in America where people are going to jail for voicing their opinions, so I'm not too concerned.

At least we know now that we're being monitored, so we can prevent ourselves from setting off red flags; simply put, don't threaten important people, don't assume you have anonymity, don't conspire to commit crimes and blog/write about it over the internet.

I doubt they care about too much about what average people are saying, but they have to collect whatever open-source information is available to them so they don't miss something important, like a plot to bomb a city or assassinate somebody important. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'M SORRY??? WARNED??? You start arresting people for exercising their 1st ammendment rights and you start a war

Peace is ALWAYS the best solution. I dont want "blood", I want to be free, and be left alone to live my life in a PEACEFUL manner.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
corrupt media no one listens to anymore, corrupt brokers and bankers no one trusts anymore, corrupt goverment no one trusts anymore , they are scared they screwed and are screwing so many people now ,they are scared to sleep at night ,knowing they soon will wake up in hell!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey, randy.....
I can read those green stickies on the wall behind you....and oooh, you're gonna get it now!!!
LOL
Seriously,
the shadow government has spies everywhere, all over the world, and they are much more slippery than we people who entertain ourselves and try to express ourselves genuinely on ATS. I suspect they don't even know who each other are...and like the theories of Area51's hypothetical hierarchy, they only know a tiny bit of the picture anyway....

Are there any disinfo spies on ATS?

Who knows, but really, why care? unless you are doing something wrong other than asking questions and expressing your opinion, you have naught to worry about.

right?

(Rather surprised a site owner hasn't stepped in here yet to represent...but I'm not through reading it all yet.)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
DARPA's recent projects focusing on social networking and memes should have alerted people. Everyone just laughs and calls the government stupid instead of thinking for the most part. Humor defends sanity but not liberty. Once you're on a list, a program like Carnivore can save everything from your IP, regardless of what alias you post under. They can further identify the identity by typing patterns and keystrokes.

So, yes, they're watching and No, you're not 'safe' unless you go to the library on a guest pass wearing a Halloween mask (for the cameras) and log in to post.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

(Rather surprised a site owner hasn't stepped in here yet to represent...but I'm not through reading it all yet.)

Ya, What does that tell you Wild ? These laws are getting pushed right thru.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sorry mistake on topic, erased. i posted in the wrong topic???
edit on 12-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

Basically by bush and obama doing all this they are letting the terrorist win think about it. Bush said they hate us for our freedom. If this was really true why take freedoms away? They are using the people killed in 911 as a way to take away our privacy and freedoms.

You see PC, here's the rub:

The terrorists really do hate our freedoms. 9/11 was carried out by terrorists but not
in the way you think. You may be relieved to learn that very few if any real people
died on 9/11 (which was basically a demolition job), but the terrorists aided by their
underlings in the main stream media, faked video and hired actors spun us a narrative
which we swallowed hook, line and sinker, thus enabling them, with public support, to
plunder and pillage innocent sovereign nations, murder innocents and to employ the
bogeymen they invented any time they wish to erode the freedoms of the individual
and take us unimpeded to the places we are today.
You see the western politicians (and moreso their paymasters) are the terrorists.

All the above is true.
In case you wish to clarify these facts for yourself:
www.septemberclues.info
www.cluesforum.info

These facist/nazi plans and schemes have been years in the planning, and their
time is now.

The terrorists have never been so powerful.
We, the people, have never been so weak, stupid and insipid.

There is nothing so bad, that can't be worse.
Do you have the same feeling as I do, that things are close to getting a whole lot worse?
If and when they do, we will know why!

And the people passively sleep on, when they should have longsince
amassed with pick-axe handles and abject rage.
edit on 12-1-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
Obama and his thugs can kiss my lily white ass, hows that for dissent?

hilarious

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't give a toss what they gather here, but i will say this to
Obama and his minions.

It's none of your god dam business.

The more you try contain free speech and expression the tougher it will become for you and your like.

Shutup and put your own house in order before you stick your nose into business that has nothing to do with you.

edit on 12-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join