It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Reportedly Plans to Create Internet ID for All Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I do agree people SHOULD be held accountable for what they say and do online. People should act online as if they are speaking to someone in real life (Although I'm way cooler online lol)

You should be much, much more fearful of the internet ID. If you happen to say something that is against the government's agenda, you might be labeled a terrorist and subsequently be vulnerable to indefinite detention or torture. The small amount of anonymity provided by the internet is the last bit of protection we have to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

This is the end of privacy and free speech if so lets hope this gets the same reaction from INTERNET giants as SOPA is with a lot of real sites like Reddit and others,...not including Google, F*ck Google.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

all we can hope for is the insane obama possie is disbanded.
his people are gettin nervous and quitting.. may justice prevail and the public left alone

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm thinking the Internet ID would present that data of who you are, added to the codes instead of passwords to enter into sites, etc... to be similar to profile page-sites you frequent online/mixed with License/state Id/Real Id, your name and addresses included, phone number, your picture/ physical description. The picture scanned up into facial recognition software, from their to easily link with any images of you on the Internet. How would it be made? DMV? Place similar? Or any info found on you from such places to add those factors to your ID and sent to you?

Well, by creating a “master key” to the Internet for each and every individual, if it is lost or stolen you could literally lose everything you have worked so hard for in a single day. Imagine what could happen if a very evil hacker gained instant access to your bank account, your credit cards, your Paypal account, your email, your Facebook account, your Twitter account, your Ebay account, your Amazon account, your blogs, your websites and everything else of importance on the Internet that belongs to you.

Last Jan

Will it be located on one of the items discussed below?

The device carrying your credential — a flash drive, a cellphone, a smart card of some kind — would authenticate itself, rather than referring Amazon to the company that vouches for you.

source

edit on 11-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by UberL33t
Doesn't that already exist? It's called an IP Address

2nd line.

Not exactly, because you see, if someone say hijacks my WiFi or if they use a station like McDonalds for free WiFi or Starbucks, whatever, it goes back to that computer system. Plus you can change IP addresses and you can also filter and hide IP addresses. I can even duplicate someone else's IP address.
So how exactly do they plan to identify someone who logs onto the internet from a wireless connection at McDonald's? The only way to do that is make it so that everyone needs to 'log in' to the internet with a specific ID and password. Of course we already do have an ID and password supplied by our Internet Service Provider (which our routers save for automatic connection), and if they really want to know what you've been browsing it's as simple as pie. But this is something on a whole new level, it seems to me like you'll be required to log in via some sort of Government Gateway. That means some/all of your traffic will be directly monitored by the Government, it's the only way they can do what they are claiming they want to do.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Doesn't that already exist? It's called an IP Address

2nd line.

my guess is that this will be more like a drivers licence instead of ip e.g instead of ip you see name d.o.b address social security number and it will be tied to everything else with your name on it
but with ip i think you need a warrant to translate it into useful information

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Damn glad not live in amerika... china doesnt even go that far...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
"They" already know who you are........

How many of these so called Facebook killers get away?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I believe that they'll trial this out somewhere like New Zealand first

S.O.B.'s!!!! (while I can still say it)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What kind of moron have you elected americans is the question i ask ? Will you ever fight or complain about the sopa and all these gestapo-state ideas one day or what.Write to your local deputy or something , the ones who have power...

Anonimity is a right point blank, no negociations.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.biblegateway.com...

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Could you re-link? It says page not found

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
How would this "administration" handle stolen IDs?

An imagery just came to mind regarding hackers: For example, there might be some bad cops/ugly troll nerds who are capable of "planting" drugs/bad words into a "suspect's" vehicle/computer.
edit on 2012-1-11 by pikypiky because: To correct for thought-errors.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hacking a computer should land you in jail for home invasion. My entire idenity is / most likely on my computer.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ok I may be the bad gal here, but I think it is a good idea. And long overdue. Everyone has their own phone number and physical mailing address. So why not an Ip address? And I am certain the government will understand that criminals will use fake Ip addresses. They are criminals you know.

Just like one does not sell coc aine from their front door, they should not involve themselves in internet crime. Those that do nothing wrong should have nothing to worry about. Unless you are a conspiracist.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of gun control.

Citizens register, but don't break the law. No help.

Criminals break the law, but are not registered. No help.

Only more of the same "big brother (sister) is watching you" crap.

Hail king Obama!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You must be really young.

Don't worry, you will gain wisdom as you get older.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Actually I have quite a few years under my belt. Which affords me the ability to look at things with an open mind. And without rash hysteria.

Everyone is accountable for their own actions. My question is, what do you have to hide? If your answer is nothing, than what is the worry? Chill...
Or is the boogeyman gonna get ya.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If I have to be positively IDed to get on the web I will drop it like a hot potato.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

Well, they can do it already. You will be missed.
Ok I am just being cute. But in all seriousness, government could always peek anywhere they want on the web. Just like they can read your mail or tap your phone lines. They need a warrent for those things. Just like they will need one to access your internet activity. And in the case of suspected terrorism, they don't even need that I suppose. I guarantee you, if they suspect you of any wrong doing, your internet activity is being monitored this very second. So a static IP address is really not a big deal. Just think of it as a home address to call your own. True?

PS... I ran a static IP address for many years. And even my dynamic one, right now, only reassigns me every 6 months to a year. I guess I could force it more often if I was paranoid though.

edit on 12-1-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join